Ratings for Dr. Andre Louw

I have had him as my family doctor for years. Countless times he has given us the appropriate care, referred us to specialists & been kind to us. We see him in both Mannville & vermilion. We appreciate all the care we have received. He has a very heavy work load & it would be good to have other doctors in vermilion so he isn't so over worked. I have had cancer, knee problems, children with special needs & been well cared for.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

I would not ever go to see Dr Louw again. If I went to emergency and he was on call I would probably leave. I went in to the hospital once with chest pains and fainting spells and he sent me home saying it was okay. The next day I was back in to emergency and then was admitted to hospital and in icu because my potassium level was off and the Dr and staff had to watch me carefully until it was regulated. Another time he prescribed a decongestant for my wife. Because of other medication she cannot take decongestants but he insisted that this one he prescribed was okay. Next day she was back in the hospital with high blood pressure and the doctor then said that she should never have been prescribed the decongestant. I know of many people who have been misdiagnosed by him and his bedside manner is totally non existent

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Talks to computer, rude, inadequate personal skills especially in showing sincerity in a patient's malaise. Relies on textbook information and government regulations. Enjoys being brief, technical and comparing his unwellness with the patient.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

In my experience Dr. Louw is the worst doctor! Rude and poor diagnostic skills.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

This is quite possibly the worst Dr. I have ever come in contact with . NOT recommended .

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I highly suggest that no one sees this doctor! All the negative reviews are 100% accurate, as I have went through the exact experience with this guy

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

I had gone to Dr. Louw for afew yrs. but now found he is getting rude when questions asked and have since changed doctors;It was nice to have a dr. in Mannville but not when you can't even talk to the man

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

He let my very sick husband lay in the Vermilion Hospital for a week with a distended stomach. Then sent him to Camrose for a scan. Husband so sick they sent him to ICU at the Grey Nuns. Doctor in ICU said this man is a mess. Almost lost husband if not for the ICU who worked so hard to help him recover. Husband had a blocked bowel and needed surgery. Eight weeks recovering. Stay away from this doctor. He was my husbands regular doctor but not now. Also very rude.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

I have been using this Dr. for years and since I have had some serious health issues I will respond by saying Keep going with your no nonsense style and tell the people straight out whats wrong. Thanks for being there for me and my family.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

Calling this guy a doctor is a joke. Anything more than a hangnail and he is stumped,he will just give you some pills and send you home. I wouldn't recommend him to anybody. I don't know if some of the comments made on this page were at the same doctor as I was. I agree, lift his license and send him back to Africa.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013