Ratings for Dr. Gregory Fossum

Dr fossum is the world's best doctor ever .loving compassionate. I will recommend this doctor to ant women facing fibroid tumors or any other health crisis .to him I'm extremely grateful of the outsanding job his has done on behalf I'm fibroid free and look better than ever . As I lay in my hospital bed he stop every day to make sure my recovery was on point .The nurse a Jefferson hospital rocks .extremely helpful they all were to me.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Been seeing Dr Fossum over 15 years he is just wonderful & so caring & knowledgable His nurse & wife is just as sweet as he is. He had a staff years ago that was great also but this staff is just ok

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

2 hours of waiting. Inept and impertinent staffer took background info and an audience of 3 while my feet were in the stirrups. They'll never see me again.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

I saw Dr. Fossum based on recommendations to the hospitals care. There are a few nice members of the office staff but the majority are rude. The nurses for the majority are also very rude. For my second appointment, I was told I could come in early to go to a funeral but instead not only was I not seen at the time, I waited 2 hours and had to leave and was late to the funeral. I have never gone to the office where I was seen on time or within 30 minutes of my appointment. Further, I ran out of a prescription and had to call FOUR times before I got in touch with a nurse who was quite pleasant and apologetic for having to call. Obviously the rest did not find it to be important and never passed it through the system.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

The front end staff are unsmiling cattle pushers, and when I called for an appointment I was told to call back in a week because there was no schedule after being on hold for over an hour. The same thing happened when I called back, but my partner got an apt. for me the next day (he used to be a top journalist). Dr. Fossum did not make any snide comments about my age like my former doctor did. My former doctor also said I needed open abdominal surgery, but Dr. F agreed with the research I had done that supported using the robot and Seprafilm. He said he had done over 5,000 of my kind of procedure. Impressed by his confidence, willingness to answer all my questions, level of experience, and publication history I decided to proceed with Dr. F and I am glad I did! I was having difficulty finding a sperm bank that met my criteria and he suggested just what I was looking for.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

i was trying to have kids during 2 years of my marriage,after a few visit to obgyn doctors they asked me to see a fertility doctor so i went to see doctor fossum after the ultrasounds he told me that i have to have a surgery cause i have fibroids on my uteris, i had the surgery, and after that he put me on clomid , and after 5 month now my dream becom true and i am pregnant.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2011

Dr Fossum has a wonderful beside manner and he saw me through a very difficult time in my health...when other doctors only saw the worst possible scenerio. He has maintained my well being for years and I am truly gratefull for him. I share this because I am not one that trust doctors blindly. I speak from years of experience with female problems. He is my Hero!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Fossum for 13 years now. I became a patient of his when I was only 19 for chronic cysts and endometriosis. My prior doctors before him, and there were many, wanted to start removing my ovaries. At the age of 16, 17 and 18 I was not ready for something like that. Dr. Fossum was able to prevent all of that from happening. I have always had wonderful experiences with him & his nurses. In a previous comment it was said that his nurse was also his wife & that is true & I have not one bad thing to say about her either. Every time I go there they both remember me and always seem genuinely caring & concerned. I truly believe because of him I have a gorgeous & healthy 5 year old little boy. He actually just performed surgery on me yesterday & to say his practices are out of date is just ridiculous. He used a new robotic machine on me that he co-founded called the DaVinci which is less invasive. I would highly recommend Dr. Fossum to any woman. He is an amazing doctor!!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Fossum for 6 or more years now for endometriosis. I have been planning for years to have him help with IVF. I just completed my 1st cycle with him and ovulated early. I have been waiting almost 3 weeks to find out why/how this could have happened and he hasn't returned my calls or followed up. I was also in extreme pain after the procedure so they ran some tests and also never followed up with any results. His nurse failed to run a blood test on a past blood sample that was still available that he requested her to do, so now I do not have the correct information for the next cycle. I have called three or four times now and have had no return calls. I paged him this weekend and he was very annoyed and he said he would take care of things on Monday, it's now Tuesday and still no word. I'm disappointed to say the least and will have to find a new doctor due to him being uninterested in my case. I am looking for a doctor interested in helping me.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

I saw Dr. Fossum for almost a year for infertility and pelvic pain. When I prevailed upon him to do surgery, he did find a big adhesion that was the cause of my problems. I suspected it was endometriosis as it got worse with my periods, but he blew me off. When he treated me for infertility, he kept having me do injectibles and IUI, which never worked - my current RE told me the reason it didn't work was that I had low progesterone and I was never supplemented. He always made me feel like I was wasting his time when I asked questions. Frankly, I aside from fixing my adhesion, the whole experience with him was a waste of time.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

Dr. Gregory Fossum's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1982)