Ratings for Dr. Carol Zimbalatti

My expereince with Dr. Zimballetti was very positive. She does hold her patients responsible for participating in their own health care. Yes, at times she may have presented as distant however she was professional and listened. Referring to the computer was not due to a lack of knowledge as the medical files were inputted . I will miss her .

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Did not find her very helpful/knowledgeable. She referred to computer for everything. Felt disregarded when asked questions. Furthermore I asked if I could ask her a quick question about something else and got completely shut down and she said you'll have to book another appointment, even though there was not one other person in the waiting room. Not satisfied one bit.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I've been a patient of her's for over 5 years and I agree with the poor ratings. I almost always feels like I'm wasting her time, I never get helpful advice and she makes me feel like I'm just over exaggerating. I once brought my son in after he had a very high fever for more than 5 days and she didn't even complete a basic exam and sent us away. We ended up at emergency a day later and he had a bad ear infection. The doctor there was shocked D.Z missed it.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I have been working as a registered nurse for the pass 20 and never have I been exposed to such patient abuse in that time. Dr Zimbalatti violates every principals that is defined by her governing body. I came from Ottawa to bring my sister who lives in Mattawa and does not drive to a follow up appointment. She was contacted by dr Zimbalatti office to discuss the result of a ultrasound on her throat as she has two lumps. My sister also has a history of hypertension and the day prior to the appointment she was sent to the hospital for a extremely high blood pressure by her dentist. My sister and I were communicating via FaceTime when the doctors office called and the date for the follow up appointment was established. . I heard my sister confirm the date reiterating what the receptionist had booked. Well the day we went which was a Friday the receptionist advised us that the appointment was for Monday. There was only one client in the office waiting to see the doctor at that time and dr Zimbalatti admentely refused to see my sister with the knowledge of her patient situation. . Dr Zimbalatti allowed her to leave her medical facility without even taking her blood pressure not to mention her fragile emotional state due to the lumps I her throat which further elevated her blood pressure I'm sure. We left her office, went to shoppers drug store and her blood pressure was recorded as 198/112 From there we went to the hospital were she received her medication and was issued a prescription for 7 days. This situation will be reported to the physician and surgeons of Ontario as well as the ombudsman. She needs to be held accountable, dr Zimbalatti has a god like opinion of herself and it seems that her only concern is for persons of privilege.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

I've unfortunately been seen as a clinic patient 3 times by her. On each occasion she has been dismissive and condescending. The last visit she actually waved her arm to stop me from bringing up an issue I thought was related to my complaint. She uses medical terms that are above the average person's level of understanding, and conveys absolutely no caring. You just feel that she makes instant assessments, and wants you out the door.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

After going to my family doctor I have been experiencing new symptoms and was unable to make an appointment until the next month. Nervous about these new symptoms I made an appointment at this clinic, the receptionist was very kind and seemed happy to book my appointment. When I was finally able to see the doctor she seemed annoyed that I chose to come there after seeing my family doctor the previous week. (which is understandable, had I not developed new symptoms) I was already nervous and worked up about what was happening and when she asked me "So what do you expect me to do differently?" before I had a chance to tell her about these new symptoms, it made me feel unwelcome and like she was not interested in helping me in any way. When I go to a medical clinic I'm expecting help and guidance as well as some interest in my case, and this is the opposite of my experience here. This is why I would STRONGLY reccomend straying away from this facility, maybe with the decrease in patients the doctors will then have enough time to show interest in their well respected career.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

I recently went in to the clinic and was treated as a nuisance by this doctor. After waiting an hour past my appointment time and after being in the room for maybe a minute, she tried to tell me that there is nothing she can do for me and was extremely condescending. I actually at one point had to say "I am coming to you for help, you're a doctor, and you're going to send me away" when I had given her specifics on what I wanted to be explored and that I was essentially seeking a referral elsewhere. She may have been having a bad day, but there was an extreme and consistent lack of professionalism in that she was rushed, condescending, and overall discomforting to me as a patient.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I recently sought services from the Ferris Clinic and was seen by Dr. Zimbalatti. I was told that my pain was evidently not from a injury. She continued to say that she didn't believe any further testing would be "high yielding" and it would be too expensive to further investigate the source of my pain. She said I should wait another two weeks and seek medical attention again if the pain didn't subside. I told the doctor that none of the pain medication I had tried was helping to dull the pain I was experiencing. She continued to tell me there is nothing else she would recommend at this time. She walked out of the exam room before I was able to ask any further questions or express my concerns about her opinion. I felt like I was bothering her and that she didn't believe the amount of pain I was in even though she made me cry during the physical examination. Dr. Zimbalatti showed no compassion and seemed to forget that she was being paid to investigate the source of my pain. I rather drive to a neighbouring city than to have to see Dr. Zimbalatti again.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I am happy to report that my experiences with Dr Zimbalatti have all been positive. It is wonderful to be able to call for an appt, and get one in a very timely fashion. This physician has NEVER rushed me. In fact, she has taken the time to explore what is going on when I really needed it. I consider myself lucky to have her as a family physician!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr Zimbalatti prejudges patients and does not care to find out what is bothering them. She is rude and appears uncaring. She will flip off a diagnosis without any form of a physical exam and them try send them away. If they are experiencing pain that is interfering with their life activities she does not care. She is happy to tell them what is not wrong with them but will not try to find out what is wrong. She treats young adults like they are unimportant and hypochondriacs. Perhaps if she really listen to them and did a proper exam she would realize that they would bother her less and be able to function in like. Now to get medical care the patient who is financially strapped, must leave town stay in a hotel and pay for all services to try and find out what is wrong. Also miss several days of work which may cost a job. Not everyone is faking it. And saying your having pain unknown cause live with it is not acceptalbe treatment. not recommended

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015