Ratings for Dr. Dean Foti

Ive been under Dr. Foti's care for about 6 months, he is quite arrogant and you can almost tell that he just wanted to get you out of the office. The first time i saw him he had a student with him & she did most of the talking so I never really knew he was like that until i saw him 1 on 1. He barely ever looks into your eyes, he never took my concerns seriously, just brushed off all my questions and anxieties. I have had seizures since seeing him but I refuse to see him, i am currently waiting on my new referral. What's funny is that I got to see him fairly quickly, when the wait times for referrals are often very long in BC. I shouldve known from that that he was not the best doctor.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I had a consultation with Dr Foti a week ago. He was very professional, respectful, inquisitive about my symptoms, and thorough with diagnostics. He had a student understudying him which worked to my benefit as he had to explain whatever he was doing to her. My diagnosis was Vertebral Neuronitis. He gave me a paper with brief notes and exercise to do to take home with me, but no exercise printout, which he said I could find online. As it is a viral infection, I did not need any prescription. Very knowledgeable, did all the tests, even checked my ulnar neuropathy diagnosed a year ago by a Neurophysiologist. I was pleased with his testing and his full detailed report sent to my GP. The only drawback is his bedside manners... but his knowledge makes up for it to some extent.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Foti is IGNORANT. I was referred to him for concussion treatment so I can get an MRI. I've had several serious concussions in my lifetime, and I'm feeling the effects. Dr. Foti REFUSED to accept my doctor's referral and refused to treat me because he claimed that I have an Anxiety Disorder which needed to be treated first! I had seen Dr. Foti previously, maybe 10 years ago or so, for persistent dizziness. I remember him being rude, and disregarding everything I had to say, and it was at THAT point that he decided himself, that I'm suffering from dizziness due to anxiety. I can whole-heartedly say that I do not have an anxiety disorder. 10 years later, I am in need to see a Neuroligist to help treat and recover from serious concussion, and Dr. Foti won't see me because of a made-up idea in his head that I suffer from anxiety. Fun fact: Over 40 Million Americans over 18yrs suffer from anxiety disorder. Does that mean he won't treat any of them for unrelated Neuroligical issues?!!! This guy shouldn't be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Would never leave a loved one in his care. Didn't care at all.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I just saw him today and he was very polite, honest with me and helpful. He had a pleasant manner about him and he was very honest with me. I would go back to him and I would recommend him to other people. Just remember if you are nice and polite to the doctor he will be nice and polite to you.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Very pleasant even cheerful. Made me feel at ease throughout my visit.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

This guy couldn't care less. Just working his way through a production line of patients. He did send me for further investigations, but his bedside manner is much to be desired.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

My "experience" began with this misleading webpage that I stumbled upon - these anonymous comments below being so skewed to the negative I was very apprehensive about my referral. Dr. Foti was respectful, inquisitive about my symptoms, and thorough with diagnostics. I left with reasonable expectations about managing my post-op symptoms with my GP, and therapists at GF Strong.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Ditto to all the ratings that confirms this physician's professional self-interest, dismissive approach, interrupting me when I try to answer his questions regarding my symptoms after brain surgery. The only brain scan that actually shows early signs of degeneration of brain tissue, is a PET scan. He didn't do his due diligence, and send me for a PET scan or further neuro-psychological testing, after he looked at my recent MRI and brain scan. After 8 weeks of hospitalization and deteriorating cognitive functioning, I'm disabled and then he made me so uncomfortable and that didn't give me any chance to explain the detailed struggles I'm having on a daily basis. Dehumanizing philosophies leads to dehumanizing treatment.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Patient's update
The truth is that many highly respected specialists are there to properly diagnose and treat patients, and not to fit into your picture of a perfectly friendly personality.

Submitted October 1, 2015

Patient's update
Dr Foti has done a lot to save lives, improve the diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer's and other brain disease, and rather be thankful to get the good news of not having a devestating disease.

Submitted October 1, 2015

Dr. Foti made my Mom extremely uncomfortable. He has no bedside manor. He was patronizing and did not make any effort to put my Mom at ease. He also withheld her diagnosis from her without cause and she only found out she had Alzheimers when she picked up her medication from the pharmacist. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015