Ratings for Dr. Dean Foti

Dr. Foti was interested in only his assessment. He dismissed questions and patient history. No bedside manner. No warmth or compassion. If we never have to deal with him again, it will be too soon. Arrogant, cold, and clinical.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Very professional and has been an excellent Doctor for my husband who has been diagnosed wit CBD. Dr Foti is respectful and caring and even answered my email when I was in an anxious state regarding my husbands health Supportive to both of us and thorough.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

I saw Dr. Foti today. He was polite, professional, thorough and made me feel relaxed.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

Missed a very obvious diagnosis. Terrible doctor. Don’t see him.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

Every negative comment that has been given is absolutely the truth. He is an ignorant Dr. to deal with! I walked out of the appointment because he was belittling, condescending and patronizing. He did not want to hear of any of my symptoms or what was happening in my life. He clearly told me that he did not know anything about toxic exposure, so he couldn't comment on it. But when he wrote WCB about my visit, he just totally made me sound like an idiot! DO NOT USE THIS DR. FOR ANY WCB CLAIMS. HE'S AN IGNORANT, ARROGANT AND CONDESCENDING USELESS EXCUSE FOR A NEUROLOGIST!!!!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

My experience with Dr. Foti was horrific, and I am still dealing with the consequences of his arrogance and ignorance. I would absolutely not recommend anyone see him. If you are referred to Dr. Foti: ask to see a different physician, even if it takes you longer to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

I have worked with and consulted with many doctors. This was by far the worst experience I've had. Diagnosing a complicated neurological disease requires a clinician who is compassionate and will doggedly pursue of all information related to the symptoms and presentation that could give clues to the illness. Dr. Foti exhibited none of this. He was almost completely uninterested in the patient history and presentation. He was rushed and seemed to only be interested in quickly clearing our case from his log. He was quick to tell us that neither we nor emergency room doctors knew what a real seizure was and refused to believe the patient was having true seizures. He went so far as to suggest we use a cell phone to video tape a seizure and show it to him to convince him they were real. This was demeaning and degrading. Fortunately we pursued help elsewhere and likely the patient was spared permanent neurological damage. I would never recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Ive been under Dr. Foti's care for about 6 months, he is quite arrogant and you can almost tell that he just wanted to get you out of the office. The first time i saw him he had a student with him & she did most of the talking so I never really knew he was like that until i saw him 1 on 1. He barely ever looks into your eyes, he never took my concerns seriously, just brushed off all my questions and anxieties. I have had seizures since seeing him but I refuse to see him, i am currently waiting on my new referral. What's funny is that I got to see him fairly quickly, when the wait times for referrals are often very long in BC. I shouldve known from that that he was not the best doctor.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I had a consultation with Dr Foti a week ago. He was very professional, respectful, inquisitive about my symptoms, and thorough with diagnostics. He had a student understudying him which worked to my benefit as he had to explain whatever he was doing to her. My diagnosis was Vertebral Neuronitis. He gave me a paper with brief notes and exercise to do to take home with me, but no exercise printout, which he said I could find online. As it is a viral infection, I did not need any prescription. Very knowledgeable, did all the tests, even checked my ulnar neuropathy diagnosed a year ago by a Neurophysiologist. I was pleased with his testing and his full detailed report sent to my GP. The only drawback is his bedside manners... but his knowledge makes up for it to some extent.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Foti is IGNORANT. I was referred to him for concussion treatment so I can get an MRI. I've had several serious concussions in my lifetime, and I'm feeling the effects. Dr. Foti REFUSED to accept my doctor's referral and refused to treat me because he claimed that I have an Anxiety Disorder which needed to be treated first! I had seen Dr. Foti previously, maybe 10 years ago or so, for persistent dizziness. I remember him being rude, and disregarding everything I had to say, and it was at THAT point that he decided himself, that I'm suffering from dizziness due to anxiety. I can whole-heartedly say that I do not have an anxiety disorder. 10 years later, I am in need to see a Neuroligist to help treat and recover from serious concussion, and Dr. Foti won't see me because of a made-up idea in his head that I suffer from anxiety. Fun fact: Over 40 Million Americans over 18yrs suffer from anxiety disorder. Does that mean he won't treat any of them for unrelated Neuroligical issues?!!! This guy shouldn't be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017