Ratings for Dr. Joseph C. Maroon

He did my first surgery on my neck. C4-5. I was still having same symptoms 3 months after surgery. When I kept calling his office to tell them about my pain, I was told he is no longer my doctor. They said his job was to do surgery & he did his job! He wouldn't let me make another appointment. Found a second doctor. He took X-rays & discovered my neck never fused. I had to have another surgery 9 months after Dr Maroon's surgery. I have come to realize that if you aren't a famous athlete, he could care less about you. What kind of doctor would walk away from a patient in pain?

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

High infection rate from past patients. Terrible bed side manner, if he shows up at all. Too busy; excessive patient load.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

Dr. Maroon and his staff are caring and friendly. He is very knowledgeable and an awesome surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2011

Best doctor ever Results were extremely good. Could run within two months at full speed.Would recommend for any spine issues.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Dr Maroon performed my back surgery and it was very successful. I am very thankful that he was able to treat me and I want to thank him very much for his excellent mannerism and overall ability and thorough knowledge relative to the surgery. It was performed in October 2008 and I have recovered to at least 98% of my old self after the surgery. Thank you Dr Maroon and may you enjoy a long and healthy life and the ability to continue to treat your patients succesfully.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Dr. Maroon is probably one of the best in the world. I went to him for a second opinion. His decision saved me from having a very serious operation with a long recovery period. He performed a minimal opeation several years ago and I have not had problems. He is fantastic.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2009

Dr. Joseph C. Maroon's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1965)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal