Ratings for Dr. Mansour Foomani

Everything seemed really off from the moment I walked into his office on fort St. The office was super run down and the dental equipment was extremely old and concerning. The x-ray machine was a relic and probably shouldn't be in service. He reminded me of the doctor from human centipede. Anyways, my dental visits are few and far between and I have never had a cavity in the 28 years I've been kicking a$$ and taking names. Doc tells me I have 7. Seven! I go from 0 to 7 in a year and a half. He shows me some cr@p off his x ray saying they are all cavities. Needless to say I wasn't going to let him drill into my teeth without at the very least a second opinion. So a year and a half later I end up at a different dental office for a cleaning. Very modern equipment, massaging chairs. It was unreal. Doc says I have 0 cavities and to start flossing more. nobody should ever go to this dude and he shouldn't be a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Recently this dentist has been seriously reprimanded for sexually inappropriate behaviour toward a female patient as put out by the college of dental surgeons. He is not able to treat patients without a chaperone present for at least one year. I have personal experience with this dentist and I would not feel right if I didn't warn the public about this situation. If you are a young female, do NOT work here or be a patient here. He is seriously disturbed and still able to practice.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Dr. Fooman i has been my dentist for 20 years and thanks to him I still have most of my own teeth at age 87.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Unfortunately, I had a less than pleasant experience with this dentist a few years ago. If you are a young woman I would not recommend seeing this man as when I went and had a horrible experience. It was the end of my appointment and my chair was in the down position and I was waiting for him to put my chair up and Dr. Foomani leaned down and kissed me on the corner of my mouth for about 5-6 seconds. This, naturally, made me feel incredibly uncomfortable so I sat up and left. I then called the non-emergency police line and they advised me to file a sexual assault report with the Saanich police and I did. This is HIGHLY unprofessional and as a young woman he made me feel incredibly vulnerable.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Best dentist I've ever had and I have two uncles in the profession!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

I have went to Dr. Foomani for around ten years, and I like him. He isn't super professional but down to earth and nice. True like some others have said he can be a little forgetful, however when I remind him of our plans or my concerns he remembers our conversations. He is very considerate about peoples budgets and has many times done work that I ran out of coverage for. As for being creepy I have never found that to be an issue. I have had a few male doctors that made me feel uncomfortable, and I think its always understand able to switch if you feel that way. So in short I recommend him!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I wish I had read the reviews before going to see this 'dentist'. I don't know where to start, very unprofessional and not to mention CREEPY. He kissed me on the head during the procedure (I am a 22 year old female) and as a woman said below positioned me with his legs. My tooth filling is now chipping 2 weeks later. It will be better to go somewhere else, despite their 20% off.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

I saw Dr. Foomani last year since he offers a discount to local university and college students, and it was an entirely unprofessional and uncomfortable experience. Dr. Foomani sat behind my head while I was laid back and used his legs to stabilize my head, which was extremely offputting for a 19 year old female alone in his office. It's apparent that Dr. Foomani has no care or knowledge for these sorts of basic considerations. He did everything he could to pressure me to book a filling, and when I told him that my godfather, a dentist in another city, would be performing any dental work past a basic checkup, he stopped haranguing me about the filling. When I did follow up with my godfather he assured me that a filling was unnecessary and that Dr. Foomani was likely trying to capitalize on an oppurtunity to profit. Will never return.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2013

I think Dr Foomani is awesome..very gentle ..awesome tells you what he's gonna do before he does it... the freezing is pain less and goes away before long.......takes his time ...soooo glad I found him for a dentist...I am so happy with him...and he's got reasonable rate too....THE BEST

flag | Submitted August 11, 2013

DO NOT GO TO THIS DENTIST!! I am a student in victoria at camosun college and this happens to be one of the dentists that covers the additional 20% of the fee so decided to go. Initially I was warned by a few hygienists that this guy is just a money grabber. Turned out completely true. To start with I called almost a week and a half in advance for an appointment and asked to have my xrays transferred to them because my usual place, DR. Gakhal on royal oak, is closed this week. I called again asked if they received them they said yes. I get there only to find out "its still in the process, they should be here in a few minutes". Impossible, Dr. Gakhal is closed! Foomani did only an inspection for 2 minutes, (even though I already know what I needed filled) and acted clueless. He totally said the wrong teeth I needed filled, ones that are completely fine. In addition at the end he is saying I owe a dental exam fee. Not happening. No dental assistant was present. The staff was his daughter.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013