Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey R. Oyler

it took over a year to see him and I got a call from his secretary the day before a appointment,kinda shocked me cause I forgot about it but I had got a assessment from another horrible neurologist dr jill calder was aweful didn't know what wrong with me even after I had many emergency visits with severe nerve pain and grogginess and so I thought I'd see what dr oyler had to say he thought it was fibermyalgia and said my grogginess was from sleep apnia I told him I already had sleep apnia test and was normal also pain in my neck and he said structal problem even after I told him I had gone to chiropractor almost 20times and pyhsio 6 times and no success......and asked if it could be from me being on antibiotics for 20 years and ppi's for 15 years which kills flora in gut could this be causeing this havoc he said hes not a stomache dr.....I thought wow he should know how the body works its all inter connected to nerves especially stomache....so he said he would recommend sleep apneia test and strong meds for fibermyalgia and wouldn't give the prescription to me that I had to drive to salmon arm walkin clinic to talk to dr there about these persciptions...wow hes suppose to be the specialist to deside what to take....I'm not driving to salmon arm to go over again meds I wont use cause I don't believe this is fibermyalgia.....its like he doesn't listen or trust me in the things I've already been through that doesn't work.....so waste of time and I think he was reading others notes on me and making his evaluation....kinda like cheating in school..so around and around I go in the system and drive up costs like so many others...where are the olsd school drs that were so accurate.....I think these drs aren't smart enough and these Kamloops drs are the worst I've seen....good luck to everyone who can survive...

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr Oyler presents as a knowledgeable and empathetic doctor. He was through and clearly outlined what I may possibly expect with a diagnosis of Parkinson's. I was impressed with his explanation of medications which may help. I trust a doctor who makes clear ongoing eye contact during a consultation.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Dr. Oyler discovered that I had Cervical Dystonia. No other Dr. seemed to care. They just pumped me full of different pills. I drive from Vernon to Kamloops every three months for my Botox. He has helped me in so many ways. I am medication free for over six years. He has went above and beyond for me with msp and other things. He is always friendly to me and my husband. I have been a patient with him for over 10 years.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

The younger of the two admin. assistants didn't have a clue. She suggested pre-appointment protocols that had no application to me or my condition. When the the older AA phoned--only because it was her one day on the job--the problem was corrected right away. When I went for the appointment the younger of the two began asking for irrelevant information again. At the appointment the doctor seemed extremely dull and unresponsive. He seemed to have made up his mind before the appointment and had nothing to offer in the way of explanation. it was a waste of time.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

I found Dr. Oyler to be extremely knowledgeable, professional, and helpful. I felt as though he genuinely cared about my chronic, debilitating migraines, and wanted to approach the right treatment for me. When issues arose with my medication, and possible other areas of my health, he addressed those and even referred me to another specialist very quickly. I think the negative comments stem largely from expecting medical professionals to act as though they are your best friend. I've seen many doctors that left me feeling as though I wasted my time; Dr. Oyler was not one of them.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

I went to Dr Oyler for chronic migraines and felt I knew far more than he did. He gave me useless information and when I probed him for more answers he had nothing to offer me. I received botox injections for migraines and after receiving them I looked at where he was supposed to inject and I didn't receive the recommended amount or the right sites to treat migraines. I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

My wife has epilepsy and has been getting progressively worse over the last few years, I accompanied her on her last visit to DR Oyler because I really had my doubts he was trying to genuinely help her, besides continually loading her up on drugs with horrible side effects. It is a 2.5 hour drive from Revelstoke to go see him each time, when I walked in he did not even give me the time of day or any formal introduction as most normal humans would. He spent about 2 mins listening to my wife explaining the side effects she was experiencing from the latest pharmaceutical cocktail prescribed, my wife told him the drugs where making her feel depressed, Dr. Oyler told her that he was not a depression DR.!!!!!!! WTF. She was then given another prescription for some new drug, and we were given no information on it or its side effects. Total time in his office was about 5mins. From what I saw, (I hold an advanced medical first responder ticket) Compassion for her serious medical condition was non existent and basic patient care was a joke at best. We (seriously) had to google the new medication to find out its side effects!! As you can tell, I was extremely not impressed with this bozo, If I treated clients like this at my business, I am sure it would have been bankrupted years ago. We will be looking for a different doctor!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

He should not be a doctor I agree with with all of the people who were treated like just a speck of dirt to be swept away so he could get on with his day. I could do what he did, check reflexes and poke and scratch the bottom of peoples feet for big bucks to. It picks my butt that they treat everyone the same when each case is different. He can't think outside the box. So sad :(

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

I recently visited Dr Oyler. I was prepared, I had all my reports/opinions (very extensive including MRI's, CATS, Cardiology Tests/reports and blood work) and created a self history. His interview was professional, did the standard neurology tests and then we reviewed everything. I had a positive outcome on something that was misdiagnosed by previous physicians. So far I'm happy with with my appointment with Dr. Oyler.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Agree with most of the other negative comments on this site. Dr Oyler never bothered to say hello or introduce himself and that pretty much summed up his entire interest in me as a person & patient. Had no helpful suggestions and showed no inclination to do anything other than some very quick physical tests. I would suggest that you google "Standard Neurological Tests" and have someone who has absolutely no interest in you administer the tests and then shrug in a bored manner when you ask them for the results. You will save yourself the gas money and any expectations you may have of being treated professionally.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011