Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey R. Oyler

The younger of the two admin. assistants didn't have a clue. She suggested pre-appointment protocols that had no application to me or my condition. When the the older AA phoned--only because it was her one day on the job--the problem was corrected right away. When I went for the appointment the younger of the two began asking for irrelevant information again. At the appointment the doctor seemed extremely dull and unresponsive. He seemed to have made up his mind before the appointment and had nothing to offer in the way of explanation. it was a waste of time.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

I found Dr. Oyler to be extremely knowledgeable, professional, and helpful. I felt as though he genuinely cared about my chronic, debilitating migraines, and wanted to approach the right treatment for me. When issues arose with my medication, and possible other areas of my health, he addressed those and even referred me to another specialist very quickly. I think the negative comments stem largely from expecting medical professionals to act as though they are your best friend. I've seen many doctors that left me feeling as though I wasted my time; Dr. Oyler was not one of them.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

I went to Dr Oyler for chronic migraines and felt I knew far more than he did. He gave me useless information and when I probed him for more answers he had nothing to offer me. I received botox injections for migraines and after receiving them I looked at where he was supposed to inject and I didn't receive the recommended amount or the right sites to treat migraines. I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

My wife has epilepsy and has been getting progressively worse over the last few years, I accompanied her on her last visit to DR Oyler because I really had my doubts he was trying to genuinely help her, besides continually loading her up on drugs with horrible side effects. It is a 2.5 hour drive from Revelstoke to go see him each time, when I walked in he did not even give me the time of day or any formal introduction as most normal humans would. He spent about 2 mins listening to my wife explaining the side effects she was experiencing from the latest pharmaceutical cocktail prescribed, my wife told him the drugs where making her feel depressed, Dr. Oyler told her that he was not a depression DR.!!!!!!! WTF. She was then given another prescription for some new drug, and we were given no information on it or its side effects. Total time in his office was about 5mins. From what I saw, (I hold an advanced medical first responder ticket) Compassion for her serious medical condition was non existent and basic patient care was a joke at best. We (seriously) had to google the new medication to find out its side effects!! As you can tell, I was extremely not impressed with this bozo, If I treated clients like this at my business, I am sure it would have been bankrupted years ago. We will be looking for a different doctor!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

He should not be a doctor I agree with with all of the people who were treated like just a speck of dirt to be swept away so he could get on with his day. I could do what he did, check reflexes and poke and scratch the bottom of peoples feet for big bucks to. It picks my butt that they treat everyone the same when each case is different. He can't think outside the box. So sad :(

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

I recently visited Dr Oyler. I was prepared, I had all my reports/opinions (very extensive including MRI's, CATS, Cardiology Tests/reports and blood work) and created a self history. His interview was professional, did the standard neurology tests and then we reviewed everything. I had a positive outcome on something that was misdiagnosed by previous physicians. So far I'm happy with with my appointment with Dr. Oyler.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Agree with most of the other negative comments on this site. Dr Oyler never bothered to say hello or introduce himself and that pretty much summed up his entire interest in me as a person & patient. Had no helpful suggestions and showed no inclination to do anything other than some very quick physical tests. I would suggest that you google "Standard Neurological Tests" and have someone who has absolutely no interest in you administer the tests and then shrug in a bored manner when you ask them for the results. You will save yourself the gas money and any expectations you may have of being treated professionally.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

Dr. Oyler seems to me to have very limited knowledge in Neurology. His displayed certificates show only that he is a G.P. trained at UBC. There was nothing in either his certicates, his exam or his expressed knowledge to suggest he was formally trained and an experienced neurologist. After years of surgeries and experience with proffesionals in this field, I was very disappointed in both his knowledge and his attitude. He seemed more interested in pushing pills and making generalised statements, before even had the facts. He seemed more focused on his preconceptions than listening to anything I had to say or even the facts in my GP's reports. After a quick, superficial exam he just handed me an outdated, not relevant photocopied pamphlet and a prescription. I would recommend that if you needed a neurologist...look elsewhere!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Extremely rude and arrogant, I saw him over a period of approx 3 months with worsening weakness. Did not take any of my problems seriously, told me I was depressed, and told me any woman with two kids at age 22 would be depressed. After falling down some stairs and needing to be carried into emerg, almost 3 months later, I saw a competent and fantastic neurologist who quickly diagnosed my problem and also advised me that I almost died. It took almost 4 years and 1 surgery to put me into a remission.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2011

An absolutely excellent medical specialist. Prompt, courteous, very gentle exceptionally knowledgeable, and took special care in explaining my condition and treatment procedure to me. Alleviated my nervousness and anxiety almost instantly. We are so lucky a city to have him and his father, caring so well for us. He seems a little shy which is refreshing in a man and a doctor, yet so confident in his expertise. The quarterly treatments keep my condition completely alleviated.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011