Ratings for Dr. Michael Ma

He is very insensitive of a patient's life. I am sure humans are not supposed to sit outside your office every day, all day.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I have never came across anyone as rude as the staff for this Doctor. Very Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

The front of house staff were nice but the 'bedside manner' of Dr Ma is appalling! He was rude and condescending to me from the beginning, as he seemed to have diagnosed me before I'd even stepped into the room. The reasons that he presumed for me issues were not based in research or science but were because I was "unmarried and don't have children" - which is an actual quote from his explanation. I have asked to be referred to a different Gastroenterologist in the future, but unfortunately the AHS system automatically makes me go to see him. I just hope that I don't need to see one again.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Severe stomach issues. Was asked by him if I used street drugs? When I told him that I wasn't working at the moment because of illness , he ask me why at my age , I wasn't in college? Really? What does my education have anything to do with my health? It went south from there , and I wasn't given a diagnose , and eventually he said he didn't want to see me. Please , do not waste your time and effort with this doctor , unless maybe you have a degree or two? Unbelievable.............

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

He told me my symptoms were caused by an unrelated preexisting condition. The doctor managing the preexisting condition informed me this was false. I had to go back on the wait list for a referral to another GI specialist. Please do not waste your time waiting to see this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

As a cancer survivor, I am very grateful to Dr. Ma for his excellent care. For a regular annual check-up, my family physician ordered a stool test for me. A small amount of blood was found in my stool but I never had any bleeding. Dr. Ma kindly performed a colonoscopy for me. Unfortunately, I had cancer in my bowel. I needed a CT scan to decide if the cancer had gone anywhere in my body. As we all know, any test will take a long time to wait. However, Dr. Ma called radiology doctor and I got my CT scan in a few hours after my colonoscopy. Fortunately, the cancer did not go anywhere. Dr. Ma immediately referred me to see a colon cancer surgeon. In a few weeks, I had my surgery. My doctor at Tom Baker Cancer Centre told me that I did not need chemotherapy or radiation therapy because the cancer was removed in very early stage. Dr. Ma is passionate, professional, and knowledgeable. I wish we have more doctors like Dr. Ma.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

He is not caring, ignoring your illness, no patience , irresponsible

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I worked in a group home facility. We have a handicapped patient who recently had his food pipe blocked with food. We were much stressed. We sent the patient to PLC emergency. It was shortly after midnight. Dr. Ma was on call. He was very professional and gentle to the patient. Thanks to his superior medical skills, the food was removed and the patient was able to swallow again. The nurse on call with Dr. Ma was also wonderful. I am glad we have such great doctors and nurses.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

I had found out a couple days before my follow up appointment that I had colitis. I had done some research prior to seeing him. I had asked him some of the simple questions I was told to ask my physician and the answers I recieved was not what I was looking for. For my 1 year follow up he obiously hadn't looked at his notes because he had to ask why I was there... I dont expect that from my doctor. After this appointment I requested a new doctor to look after my condition. If you want answers to your diagnosis expect to do your own research. Thats what he had me do. Reading about colitis is scary initially. Thank God for an amazing Crohn's and Colitis chapter in Calgary. They were 100 times more helpful to me.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

If you are going to see this Dr, I suggest you had better to consult with an online diagnosis application.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016