Ratings for Dr. Gerald Mittler

I found this doctor has a passive aggressive personality style and does not like to be challenged, often becomes defensive or annoyed. He does not like to probe deeper into root causes of issues, as these conversations may be too heavy. As a result he can be sarcastic, not a great quality for a therapist.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Dr. Mittler is a wonderful doctor. Kind, humorous, very knowledgeable, and professional.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I came to him in complete crisis mode and he gave me the tools I needed to work my way back from this. Words can never express how grateful I will forever be.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Found Dr. Mittler unwilling to listen to my experiences, more concerned with projecting onto me. He gave me a non-diagnosis that another doctor found near-negligent.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I found he did not listen to me enough to learn about me. He spoke 90% of our appointments and it was hard to get a word in. His advice came in the form of general mantras that did not seem particularly relevant or individualized. I also found him too forceful in making decisions about the direction of my treatment that I did not agree with. My time with him was frustrating and largely a waste.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

He is probably the best doctor I've ever had in my life. He knows how to identify with my problems gives me solution. He's my life coach and everything that I've done has worked out with him. I recommend them to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Gentle positive encouraging knowledgeable sense of humour and personable .

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Dr. Mittler has been a strong component in my life and through trials and errors, we've made significant progress in pain management, sleep, and PTSD. His personality combined with his up-to-date knowledge has been unparalleled in my course of doctors and therapists. - bA

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

dr m.knows his stuff. ive beenn seeing shrinks for 54 years off n on.he listens, addresses issues with compassion, and knows how to motivate. he is a great doc.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I found this man to be a gracious and true gentle man. If I won a million dollars, I'd still make sure that I got into seeing him as he has a very special way of 'calming the storm'. The quintessential genuine Doctor. I would be proud to have him as a friend!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015