Ratings for Dr. Sunita Sharan

Doctor Shanran misdiagnosed me with a condition I do not have, and did not even acknowledge she was wrong after being so sure that I had it. I spent a week wondering if I could have children or not until I did blood work that proved her wrong. Every time I walk into her office and she sits me down, she treats me as if I am a ignorant child who doesnt understand the simplest of medical terms. She referred to my ass as "the poop area". Its called an anus.... And she insists on mentioning my race and boasting about her trips in Africa just because Im black! FYI, I've never been to Africa, I dont care...I bet she doesnt mention those trip experiences to any of her other non black patients....

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Let me preface this by saying that I'm 48, so I have been to many Ob/Gyns in my life, and I've also been a patient of Dr Sharan's for 6 yrs, so I have a lot of experience with her of which to base my review. She has been a godsend to me. I am extremely fortunate to have found her and I recommend her to everyone I know. Dr Sharan is one of the most wonderful Dr's I have ever had, and not just an Ob/Gyn, hands down. She found my endometriosis IMMEDIATELY, which I had probably had for 20 yrs and had been suffering for so very long and been to so many other Dr's and they found it, never helped me. She got me into surgery within days. And come to find out from the photos, I WAS RIDDLED WITH IT!! Even had to have part of my colon removed. and she is not just a Dr, she is an extemely skilled and reknowed surgeon in this very difficult, specialized robotic surgery for Endo. It takes extensive training, and even THEN, not many are able to perform it at the level that Dr Sharan can. I researched it and would have been afraid to have allowed anyone else to do it. I'm extremely fortunate that I was able to have her perform it. And she is even on the Board at the hospital where it was performed. Doctor's Hospital in Sarasota. She was so angry that the other Dr's had let me live such a painful, tortured life. She truly cares. And for those of you that comment that she is just in it for the money, you are WRONG! She takes my terrible insurance that almost no one else will. Reason being is because they pay almost NOTHING to the Dr's, and Dr Sharan has never asked me for one penny and I know how my insurance works and they probably only reimbursed about 1/4 of her fee. She helped me because she cares. And she continues to take me, knowing she will never get her fee. And she also treats the WHOLE person. She always checks all of my other meds and discusses them withe me. She is much more thorough than my Family doctor. She requests a copy of all of my blood tests from him. I only wish she could be my Primary. And never once have I had her neglect to ask me about depression and anxiety. I've NEVER had another Gyno do that. She is one of a kind. She has always helped me through my scariest times with my pending surgeries with the utmost sensitivity. Caring as if a Mother. I was told how she comforted my family in the waiting room. As far as people saying that she rushes sometimes, that may be true, esp if she is taking the time to do the above. But it's also probably because she is trying to help as many people as possible. If one of these people that complained didn't get a question answered, then maybe they need to stop being so timid. Then ask the staff, call. You will ALWAYS get an answer right away. Thoughout the years, all of her staff has been so pleasant, knowledgeable, helpful. And whenever I leave a message, they always call back right away. They are extremely busy because they are GOOD. There is a reason why the Dr has accolades all over her office. Most importantly, I feel like Dr Sharan has saved my life. I am a different person because of her. One of her procedures more than likely prevented me from getting cancer. As apparent, I can't say enough good things about Dr Sharan. She is wonderful Dr and an amazing person.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

I would not even give her one star I do not understand how this doctor has been rated Aexcel, less even an Aetna participant. More even she should not be practicing anymore. Believe me, I have a lot of experience with doctors but never experience so much harassment as with her, did not take me long to understand her lousy way of treating patients. More than 15 days ago, I have authorized in writing, for her to release my medical records and forwarded them to my new doctor but she will not do it, as if they were her property, apparently, she does not know she is doing something against the law or is so cynical she does not care. Only a very unprofessional and careless person that should not be call doctor would do this. I had to call Aetna for help but not even then did she release my records that, I have paid for. Makes you wait for hours before seeing you even though there are no patients in the waiting room. On my first visit she took only about 15 minutes, the most, in which she did not performer a thorough examination, I am sure she charged for it to my insurance. Her accent is awful, added to that, she talks very fast which makes it impossible to understand what she is talking about. Does not listen to your health concerns, even though they are about the medications she prescribed to me that were not making me feel well, also does not answer questions changing subjects constantly. When she does not know something about medical issues or medicines that she has not prescribed, she gets appalling rude, treating you as if you were a complete ignorant or never been in a doctor’s office before. She puts ahead her commercial interests and when you do not agree to buy her 5,000 dollar treatment which is not paid for by the insurance and does not have anything to do with your health issues; she starts to ignore you literally putting you aside. This treatment is about fetus mother cells implants in the vagina, I know very well about those treatments and not necessarily work for everyone, by the way, we all have mother cells which are ours and better for us, maybe she does even not know that. Very inefficient service of her helping team no one answer calls in her office; they answer back whenever they want or simple not answer. I could keep going for days talking about this unpleasant experience. I have seen some emails that praise her but not many talk about gynecological issues, which is supposed to be her specialty, but many more emails that agreed with my experience.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Better quality of life speech...needed to do major surgery to make me feel so much happier. Second opinion later after so much stress and anxiety said that there was absolutely no surgery needed. Complete quack and her office looks as scary as her methods for making $....

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Most of these reviews took the words right out of my mouth. Dr. Sharan does not listen at all, performs unnecessary services, and manipulates you into thinking she cares. This woman is a complete monster, profiting off of people at their weakest moments. She played the whole "bring your mom in id love to meet her! Such a beautiful girl like you blah blah blah". I cant believe how similar my experience is to everyone below. Dr sharan and her staff have harrased me, made me cry, and have blatantly disregarded my needs many times. They NEED to be stopped. Please go elsewhere if you dont want to feel completely violated and robbed.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

She did an unnecessary surgery on me, she did unnecessary leep procedure on me and she performed 4 Pap test on me in a year which is against the guideline! She do anything to make money and won't care about your body and health! She takes wrong notes, doesn't listen to you and very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

She literally made me cry this time. She is telling me I need surgery when I have never been told that before. She has never asked how the "quality of life" is for me but tells me her surgery will make it better. Im fine ! She screamed at me and hurt me during a exam because she hates me for refusing her treatment. She's clinically Insane and will &:&:&: you. Do not believe this! Girls have spent thousands on her lies. "You're such a beautiful young girl this will make your life better and bring your family in I want to meet them " she has cards and "physician of the year " signs up so people think she's legit. No. Just no. Ouch. I'm hurting now.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Dr Sharan accurately diagnosed my illness four years ago. I was afraid and suffered. I returned to see her, she did the surgery, and it has been life changing. I thank Dr Sharan for giving back to me a 100 percent quality of life! Thank You Dr. Sharan!!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

She has been nothing but helpful throughout the year I've been seeing her. She found a condition that had been going on for a while, and other doctors just blew off as "seasonal depression. " Performed surgery to take care of both endometriosis and PCOS, and gave my parents pictures taken during the laparoscopy procedure, so I could see what had been going on. Thank you, Sunita! :)

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

I have been going to her for the last 10 years and my last visit with her was unprofessional and uncaring . I will be finding a new DR!!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Dr. Sunita Sharan's Credentials

• Darbhanga Med Coll, Ln Mithila Univ, Laheriasarai, Bihar, India (Grad. 1970)

MSP/BC Med