Ratings for Dr. Lisa D. Stevens

Dr. Stevens is fantastic. Always available and helpful for any situation.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Dr. Stevens has a terrible bed side manner. I felt rushed and didn’t explain much to me. Never asked me I I had any concerns or questions. I felt so helpless. She has a poor attitude, had no patience to make to feel at ease. Find another doctor!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Dr. Stevens diagnosed me with crohns 2 years ago and I have been taking medication everyday since... only to find out that I don't have crohns. I got very sick and continued calling Dr. Stevens about my symptoms only for her to tell me it was a "virus" that has to run its corse. After 8 days I went to the ER and got admitted for 10 days because of this "virus" she claimed I had. The doctors at the hospital tried to reach out to her multiple times and she seemed uninterested and bothered. The wonderful doctor at the hospital found the infection inside of my intestines and treated me and also found that I have choloits not crohns... Dr. Steven's to this day has not called back to see how I am doing. I would not recommend her to anyone!!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I went to see Dr Stevens due to celiac symptoms. She looked bored/annoyed by my request but she sent me for the basic celiac blood test, it came back negative and that was all. There are other tests that could have found, if not the celiac disease, but the gluten intolerance that, now, I am sure it was the culprit. She chose to stop there. A few months later fed up by being at the mercy of mighty doctors I decided to go gluten free by my own choice. Now, three months later, all my symptoms are gone, feel like a new born at age 47. I had this issues for many years but no doctor was able to find the cure. Thank you INTERNET, goodbye lousy doctors.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

First of all, I pretty much grew up in that office. I have crohns & have been going there since I was 19 (now 52). My Dr. Retired & thought he was going a good thing by handing me over to her. The only mistake he ever made with me. She doesn't listen at all. You try to explain things to her & she doesn't get it. I get severely dehydrated from crohns & she tells me "she's not that kind of Doctor". What????? Are you kidding me??? I have been to 4 different doctors & they all tell me it's from Crohns & she can't help me. After over 30 years at this office, I have to find a new one. Btw, I've known most of the girls in the office for years. They're wonderful. But, I will never go back to Dr. Stevens again

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

She came in wearing flip-flops and capris, the least of her problems. My mother's English isn't the greatest, and this doctor continually rolled her eyes when my mom asked her to repeat or clarify certain questions. When my mom said she already tried certain over the counter medications, this doctor ripped the piece of paper out of her notebook, sighed, and literally flung it behind her. She never explained the risks involved with a colonoscopy, and when I asked her as we were leaving, she said I should have asked earlier. My mom had a UTI, and she was still having symptoms after she finished her dose of Cipro. We called and the doctor refused to prescribe her another dose because she was "only doing it as a courtesy." You are a physician, you did a urinalysis, and you claim that prescribing medication for the results is a courtesy? Absolutely disgusting. I'm in medical school myself, and I have never thus far worked with a doctor THIS belittling, unprofessional, and immature.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Stevens for years and find her to be most professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. My wife is also a long time patient and we recommend her to relatives and friends without reservation.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

I went to Dr. Stevens once. My impression is that she read these reviews and changed her attitude. She was exceptionally patient with me, and wanted to answer every single question I had. I only went once due to Insurance change or I would have gone back. My wait time was 15 minutes. She was into client education, and wanted me to watch the procedure on the screen and educate me on what was happening. She explained her rationale for her medication choice. I get the feeling she is a newer doctor and may not have a lot of experience (meaning more than 10 year experience), but overall it was positive. I would recommend this dr.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

I had a positive experience with Dr. Stevens. I do not really have any serious problems. I just went to her for a routine colonoscopy. I felt she was efficient and professional. Really do not see her enough to give a detailed assessment.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2012

This doctor is terrible! My GP recommended her, and I can't believe she did. She was argumentative, had a one track mind, and didn't really listen to anything I said. At one point, she asked me a question after I had handed her a copy of previous test results. When I answered her, she told me that she couldn't read the results if I kept talking. When explaining my symtpoms, she would cut me off because she couldn't deal with more than one thought at a time. She asked me to explain what I was feeling, and when I explained it several different ways, she still couldn't understand. Example, she wanted me to explain what it felt like to get something stuck in my throught. When i mentioned pain in one of my explainations, she rudely said that pain was not a description, and completely ignored everything else I said. Unbelievable. I don't know how this lady has any patients. No wonder there was no wait. The office staff, on the other hand, was nice. Go figure.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

Dr. Lisa D. Stevens's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1993)