Ratings for Dr. Lisa M. Valle

Worst GYNO experience I have EVER had. 1st I went in for a consultation for an IUD-she could not have been less present, helpful & knowledgeable. She had clearly just memorized some major points from the pamphlet Mirena had sent her. I had to go home and do my own research. Ended up making the appointment to get the procedure done, and she kept me waiting even though the office was completely empty. She came in after a while, RUSHED, spastic, not a warm greeting, nothing, even though I had expressed how super nervous I was. She responded by quickly telling everything that could go wrong, started the procedure, harshly and rapidly, not talking me through ANYTHING that she was doing until I finally screamed in pain and asked her to please slow down and talk me through what she was doing. She said she would, but she proceeded to do exactly what she'd been doing. My anxiety sky rocketed when she seemed confused about how to insert the device. Cold, harsh, insensitive, inexperienced- AVOID!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Valle by my personal physician, who assured me that she was an "excellent" OB/GYN who she had personal experience with. I couldn't disagree more. Dr. Valle was rude, rushed, and didn't spend the time to listen to any of my questions. This was my first official visit to the OB/GYN since learning I was pregnant, so I was more than anxious to get my ultrasound and hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. What a disappointing experience! She was extremely rough and instead of apologizing in response to my loud cries of pain, she said, "are you okay? Is that normal for you?" I couldn't believe it. This doctor is clearly insecure and incompetent and has NO bedside manner. I am in the process of changing my provider now just so I can go see someone else. I will NEVER see this doctor again. Side note-- her staff made me call my office to get results of a recent blood work results instead of doing it themselves.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2012

BE AWARE!! My regular visits to her new Westchester office location were very painful. She is not gentle at all and her staff is very unprofessional. I've Waited 3 weeks for a hysteroscopy. After paying the $100 copay, I went under full anesthetia for 1 1/2 hours and she was not able to perform the procedure. We were told the outpatient hospital did not have the proper instruments. In other words, she was not ready to perform the hysteroscopy. We are out $100 plus we received a bill for $30 three weeks later. We are now going to see a specialist and chose a different OBGYN for regular visits.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

Horrific experience. Unprofessional, immature staff. No courtesy call to remind me of my appt as a new patient. No greeting when I walked in, or thanked on the way out. Didn't have me fill out a medical history form, only a legal form to cover them in case I had to sue for malpractice! Dr. Valle seemed in a rush, insecure and unprofessional during the exam. Don't always trust online reviews. I went to Westchester location, will NEVER go back.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

I just found Dr Valle. She is up in Santa Monica now. She is awesome! Her staff is wonderful, very polite and helpful. No wait! She really took time to listen to me. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

Dr Valle is a wonderful physician and I miss her. She moved her practice to LA. I just have to say that she has always taken the time to listen to my concerns... addresses all of them. She is very knowledgeable and keeps up to date on the latest medical stuff. She performed a laparoscopic surgery on me last year. Beautiful incisions! I can barely see them and my pain is gone!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

We are really disappointed with Dr. Valle. Her office staff is very nice, but really incompetent. Had multiple problems with her office. This is our first pregnancy and because of the incompetence of her office, we feel our first experience has really been rained on. She treats my wife like a whale (she's gained less than 20 lbs), and is really snarky at times. After discussing our concern that our baby would be taken to the nursery (on the second floor of St. Joes) for an hour after the c-sect., she replied well we don't want to hospital to fall down during an earthquake (retrofitting caused the floor change). WTH?? Not at all what we were concerned about. Will MOST DEFINITELY be switching Dr.'s after the birth of our baby. Just don't risk your total pregnancy experience with her. Not worth the frustration, loss of time (she is NEVER on time, and most of the time at least 30 min late), and disappointment she brings. There are much better Dr.'s out there...

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

Dr. Valle was the attending doctor when I had my first child at St. Joseph. I was very much looking forward to a vaginal delivery and had gone through 22 hours of labor before I was told I was "stuck" at 9 cm so I had an epidural to help calm me and get me fully dilated. Dr. Valle insisted I was still at 9 cm and should do cesarean and that if my daughter was too big she may have to break her arms and shoulders to get her out. I was so horrified by that mental picture that I could not go through with a vaginal delivery, even though multiple nurses inspected and assured me I was fully dilated and ready to go. My ultrasounds and tummy size always suggested that my baby would be on the smaller side (born 6 lbs, 8 oz). She was very rude and impatient while I struggled over my decision. I almost don't want to stay in the St. Joseph network next pregnancy because I don't want to risk her delivering for me again.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

First my belly was too big, then it was too small. I tried to tell her that her staff was rude and instead she got upset because I missed and appointment, she gets the job done, but dont expect any sympathy from her. I took my other children one time with me and she hardly turned to look at them, as if she was bothered that I took them, my previous OB was courteous and respectful and always acknowledged my daughter when I took her and even asked her questions, someone referred me to her because she is close to my home and it was my third so I was expecting a fast delivery, but I regret not staying with my previous OB, when I tried to switch back it was too late. The staff is the same they just do their job in between socializing with each other. One time I waited in the room for 2 hours! and when Lisa came in she didn't even apologize, I was almost in tears. She does a good job but she will only treat you as a dumb patient, thats all.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010

Scheduling tends to be an issue - long waits in waiting room, and exam room... then seen by then physician for 5 + minutes.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010