Ratings for Dr. James P. Kacedan

I needed to switch doctors and he wouldn't take me because I was after his cut off (even though it says he would take patients before but when I tried to switch the cut off changed). I never got a chance to speak to him, lady on phone just said no .

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr. Kacedan has been my on-gyn for over 10 years, and I hope he never retires because I never want to see anyone else! Gentle, kind, willing to spend extra time explaining things, will confer with other specialists when needed. Handled my high risk pregnancy with ease and grace. Friends I've referred to him feel the same way. His staff is wonderful, too, especially Annie! Wish I could do a rating referral for her, too. Call Dr. Kacedan! You will love him, too!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Dr. Kacedan is a very knowledgable and thorough OB. He has been my OB for 3 years (on two friends recommendation) and he delivered my son. He is very very gentle and kind; great beside manner. His office staff is supportive and Annie (his nurse) has a phenominal disposition. So funny! Overall, this staff is wonderful.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I would love to rate Dr. Kacedan as caring, gentle, and understanding--the adjectives used in almost every review that I read on Yelp. Unfortunately, I can't do that because I didn't have the opportunity to meet him. When I arrived for my 9:00 am appointment, I was told by his receptionist that he had just called in sick. I had driven an hour from Loudoun County to make the appointment. I asked if anyone had tried to call me. The answer was no because he had just called. What does that mean--he "just" called: a minute ago? 5? 10? I understand that people get sick--that's life. But I would have thought that someone who is as appreciated and as highly recommended as this doctor and his staff would have had that same appreciation for his patients as well as the decency to inform them in advance of a need for schedule changes. The doctor didn't wake up at 8:59 am if he had a 9:00 am appointment. Staff doesn't walk in at 9:00 am. Even if he couldn't contact someone directly, he could have left a message so when Staff did arrive, patients could be called. Cell phones work in the car, and if someone had called me--even though I was en route--I could have saved some time. Calling me would have been the caring, gentle, and understanding thing to do. I don't even remember an apology. I was asked to reschedule, so I offered the next day. After going to check with someone else, the receptionist told me it wouldn't work. The bottom line is that I expressed my disappointment and left. Dr. Kacedan and Staff, if you do get a chance to read this message, I hope you will use my comments to help your patients have a better experience in the event you are not able to provide service.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Okay doctor, but he does not deliver your baby unless it's scheduled C!

Submitted January 7, 2015

Dr. Kacedan is a wonderful, no-nonsense, knowledgeable, personable doctor. He coached me through my first pregnancy (significant complications) and kept me informed and feeling confident at all times. His great sense of humor kept me smiling even through some of the less-encouraging moments, and his competence and knowledge made me very comfortable throughout the process. He explains things well, always takes time to answer each and every question thoroughly, and his office staff, particularly Annie, his nurse, is wonderful. I wished Annie could have been there for labor as well! I have no hesitations about recommending Dr. Kacedan and his office to friends, family, and now strangers. :)

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Kacedan since he delivered my daughter in 1997. He has not changed. Very knowledgeable, helpful and encouraging throughout pregnancy and other female matters. Consistent excellent staff who makes you feel comfortable as going to a doctors office is never comfortable.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Dr. Kacedan is the BEST doctor I have ever had. He is kind and knowledgeable and never makes you feel rushed. I've been his pt for 5 years now and have been through a few medical issues. He personally called me on the weekend several times to check on me and always makes the call himself to update me on lab work. I have referred several pt's to him and they All love him! His staff is also Awesome! They are sweet and kind and really make you feel like you are family.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012

Love the Dr. and staff, they are always polite. They always provide personalized service.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

When "on call," he took over 90 minutes to return repeated calls from the triage nurses regarding our case, which delayed treatment. I overheard the nurses trying to figure out who else they might call in the event the delays continued, which I don't think they should have to do.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Dr. James P. Kacedan's Credentials

• In Univ Sch Of Med, Indianapolis In 46202 (Grad. 1987)

Healthnet