Ratings for Dr. Adrian Lee

I have known Dr Adrian Lee since 2010. He has been very helpful to me over the years with providing excellent consultations, surgery and follow up care. I had a mastectomy, a follow permanent implant and a breast reduction on the alternate breast. Dr. Lee has been a true professional and has managed my care in an excellent manner. His staff, including Andrea and Lisa, have also been wonderfully supportive. I do not believe the negative comments written in some of the other write ups here, as Dr. Lee has been nothing but kind, knowledgeable and very skilled during /for all our interactions. Thank you so much Dr. Lee - you have definitely made a tough situation more manageable for me! I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Adrian Lee!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Dr. Adrian is a man of integrity and impressive surgical acumen. I worked with him professionally for many years in the OR at SMH and never hesitated to approach him as a patient when I needed to engage his surgical skills following a bout with cancer. He is kind and patient and never gives you the impression that he is hurried in the slightest. His explanations are respectful and his manner is gentle yet honest. His knowledge is exemplary. It is in the OR where he shines most. Having been an OR nurse for 40 years I believe that I am a great judge of surgical skill. This surgeon has it all. I have recommended friends and colleagues to him as patients and will continue to do so. Respectfully Dona M.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Dr Lee and his staff were professional polite and prompt. Would highly reccommend him and his team.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

In 2004 I was diagnosed with an aggressive, invasive breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation and eight years of concerns about the other breast my surgeon recommended prophylactic surgery. My surgeon also recommended reconstructive surgery which I was reluctant to do. She suggested I speak to Dr. Adrian Lee so I could make an informed rather than a fear based decision. I was not a local patient, but when she called Dr. Lee's office and explained the situation, his staff immediately accommodated and fit me into his lunch hour to prevent me from having to make a second trip into Surrey. Dr. Lee recognized my fear of reconstruction and was honest about the procedure and the risks. This included the complication of scarred skin from radiation and the fact that the end result may not be 'perfect' . He was patient in explaining the reconstruction steps in detail and also explained that reconstruction meant new breasts, not a replacement of my original breast. He took the time to explain the various options I had and the benefit and risk of each. Dr. Lee also helped me understand the positive side of reconstruction. I felt extremely reassured and convinced that this surgery, in spite of the risks, was the right plan for me. This was my 9th surgery, many that were extremely traumatic and serious. Dr. Lee was aware of my apprehension and took the time to speak to me immediately pre-op as well as post-op. Surgery went very well, and recovery was exactly as Dr. Lee explained it would be. This surgery was followed by regular visits to Dr. Lee's office for the expansions. Knowing I had our daughter's wedding that fall, Dr. Lee was and his staff made sure they fitted scheduled me for regular expansion appointments and the final implant surgery well before the wedding. The results were amazing and life changing, exactly as Dr. Lee had predicted! It gave me the confidence to get back into swimwear, my tops and dresses fit better than with my original prosthesis and I felt so 'balanced' from being equal on both sides. I also had less strain on my neck from eight years of dealing with one prosthesis. My skin and scar healed extremely well, and the radiated side look as neat and healthy as the non radiated breast. The following years Dr. Lee also removed several suspicious moles from my chest and face. Previous moles done by my GP had left ugly scars, but Dr. Lee lived up to his reputation of being meticulous and a perfectionist! At the one year mark, the scar barely noticeable. To sum it up, Dr. Adrian Lee is extremely professional, knowledgeable and honest. He also has a lovely sense of humour. I regularly recommend him to woman, who like me, are dealing with the aftermath and ravages of surgery and radiation. If that does not remove their concerns, than showing them the phenomenal job Dr. Lee did always does! I highly recommend Dr. Lee and his lovely staff. Maria VH

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

I found out in 2014 that I had breast cancer ,it was very aggressive so the surgery was booked with in a month .I was told who my Dr would be and being that this was my first time that I had ever been in this situation did not ask many questions just trusted that I was in the best hands well not at all Adrian Lee should have is licence pulled he is not only the worst surgeon that I have ever met he would come in the room and not even know what you were there for ,you would have to tell him what you were in for that day and my reconstruction was a mess ,when I went back to his office to ask him if this is what I was to look like for the rest of my life he informed me that I should be happy I was a live ,he is very unprofessional and just not a good surgeon I since have had all his work taken out and had to start all over with the reconstruction I would never ever refer him to any one ever not only was this the worst thing I had ever gone through in my life but he was the worst surgeon I have ever had to deal with

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

When I first saw Dr. Lee, I had been free from Breast Cancer for a couple of years, then dealt with a broken arm, & hysterectomy. I wasn't at my best but I was on a fact finding mission. He told me that as I had radiation it would be extremely risky to do surgery, & clearly explained the risks to me. He also rather bluntly told me that I hadn't finished dealing with cancer yet, I wasn't ready to have surgery at that point. I am so thankful & grateful that he said that to me. The frame of mind I was in on that day, he could very well have persuaded me to get the surgery at that point. I went away from that meeting thinking about what he told me about the risks. Radiated breast tissue is harder, has less give, & the risk was great that the implant wouldn’t sit properly as all the tissue around it is scarred & would have little to no give. The risk of infection & improper healing was also high. A few months before that first meeting, I started working with a personal trainer to regain the mobility and flexibly of my upper body, the energy that I lost during the radiation, and to work with my bad right leg form a bike accident when I was young. I also really focused on eating healthy food, little to no food that came in boxes or had ingredients that I couldn’t pronounce. I went back to see Dr. Lee about a year later. My confidence had greatly improved, I had plenty of time to think about the risks, and I knew for certain what I wanted out of the breast surgery. I had gone through life with large breasts (natural), and the medication I was on, as well as the surgery completely changed how I looked. I wanted to look in the mirror and see the person that I was used to seeing. This meant a breast augmentation, the surgery that Dr. Lee said was risky. When I saw him that second time I told him that I felt I was a good candidate. As a 50 year old women, I was fit, low body fat, very healthy diet. My skin was soft and flexible. My body was strong and flexible. He explained to me again that even though my skin looked good on the outside, the radiation damage on the inside would be there, leaving all the tissue hard & scarred. There was still the risk of infection and improper healing. After much discussion on the risks, procedures, and what to expect, my surgery was booked. It has been one year now since my surgery. I feel fortunate that I not only had a skilled surgeon, but a smart trainer who worked with me post surgery to ensure that my flexibility & strength returned, at an appropriate pace. I feel strongly that it was the combination of the two that enabled me to heal so well. (www.miskimansc.com – trainers website). With the healthy breast it felt and looked normal at about the 2.5 week mark. As the doctor explained the radiated side would take longer. And since this surgery isn’t done that often, due to the risks & low success rate, we weren’t certain what the time frame would be. The discomfort certainly lasted longer. And it took quite a while for it to drop and look natural. There was a great change the first few months, but I think in total it took about 10 months for it to look the way it does now. Patience is the key here. My healthy breast looks exactly like my original pre cancer and pre medication breast looked. My radiated breast looks almost the same. They both feel very natural. The scars are almost not noticeable, & the area healed well. Dr. Lee also used the lumpectomy area as part of the pocket for the implant. There is now only a slight indentation on the outside of my left breast. After the surgery, the first thing I asked Dr. Lee was how stiff and scarred was the inside of my left breast. He told me that it was half of what he expected. Clearly, all the training & healthy lifestyle greatly affected how the surgery went & how I healed. Dr. Lee was extremely happy with how this worked out, & suggested as it was so successful, that my lifestyle choices likely had a strong effect. This generally wasn't the case with surgery's on radiated breasts. One of the biggest frustrations I had while dealing with cancer and the post cancer period, is that doctors don’t really give you all the information that you need to return to your pre cancer lifestyle. I will never forget the line in the radiation booklet. It basically said, that you need to determine who the new you is. NO mention that if you want to make changes you can. That for those who want to be active, healthy and flexible, you can do it! The majority of women who get breast cancer these days are of the generation that was never really into training and weight lifting. Due to my accident at a young age, I had a different mind frame. I will always be grateful to Dr. Lee for being honest with me, not taking advantage of me when I was vulnerable, and having real discussions on how my lifestyle choices would affect the surgery outcome, and ensure that down the road my implants would be ok.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

I was referred to see Dr. Lee just over a year ago by my GP to consult about long-standing neck and back issues and the possibility of a breast reduction as a solution. Thanks to cancellation lists, I saw Dr. Lee within months and was scheduled for surgery within 9 months of our initial visit. The recommended course of action was a breast reduction. I had my surgery at Jim Pattison Out-Patient Centre. The nurses there were all amazing and Dr. Lee visited just prior to my procedure to explain what he was doing . The ONLY negative of this experience was my abreaction to the anaesthetic. I found myself extremely nauseous until many hours after my discharge. Aside from this, my recovering proceeded without incident. He removed 2 pounds, taking me from a 34DD to a 34B/C. Dr. Lee saw me 4 days following the surgery, again the next week and then a month later. In all instances, I found him compassionate, competent, funny and professional. I felt he prepared me well for how to expect my recovery to unfold. This surgery has been completely life-changing for me. It’s motivated me to get fit and I’m happy to report I’m at my goal weight, which works nicely with my reduced and perky new chest size! Although it may be elective, it is not minor surgery so be prepared for a longer recovery period of at least 6-8 weeks. A final note is that I have heard through the grapevine that Dr. Lee does much charitable work in 3rd world countries, a lovely gesture of giving back. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Lee and his amazing staff.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

My family Doctor referred me to see Dr.Adrian Lee because I had been complaining for months about my back pain. During my consultation I found Dr.Adrian Lee and his staff to be professional, knowledgeable and polite which made me feel at ease throughout the entire experience. Im now pleased to say that today marks the one year anniversary of my bilateral breast reduction. I went from being a 32G to  33D cup. I had 3lbs removed, everything re shaped and lifted. Dr.Adrian Lee and his team did a phenomenal job and I could not recommend enough.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Had breast reduction surgery on sept 6 /16 and I am very happy with the results. Had no problems after surgery. I am very happy with Dr A lee and his staff they were all great

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Dr. Lee performed my MSP covered breast reduction several months ago, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Not only do my breasts look amazing (the shape, symmetry and proportion couldn't be more perfect- even the placement of the incisions was strategically planned and executed), but also the pain I previously experienced on a daily basis in my neck and back has completely disappeared. A weight has literally been lifted off my shoulders and I feel FREE! As you can probably tell, I have absolutely no regrets about choosing to go forward with this procedure. I'm just so grateful to have had such a talented, meticulous and kind surgeon (as well as a fantastic group of people that work with him!). Thank you all so much!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr. Adrian Lee's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2000)
  • University of British Columbia (Grad. 1995)

Harvard-Pilgrim