Ratings for Dr. Adrian Lee

When I first saw Dr. Lee, I had been free from Breast Cancer for a couple of years, then dealt with a broken arm, & hysterectomy. I wasn't at my best but I was on a fact finding mission. He told me that as I had radiation it would be extremely risky to do surgery, & clearly explained the risks to me. He also rather bluntly told me that I hadn't finished dealing with cancer yet, I wasn't ready to have surgery at that point. I am so thankful & grateful that he said that to me. The frame of mind I was in on that day, he could very well have persuaded me to get the surgery at that point. I went away from that meeting thinking about what he told me about the risks. Radiated breast tissue is harder, has less give, & the risk was great that the implant wouldn’t sit properly as all the tissue around it is scarred & would have little to no give. The risk of infection & improper healing was also high. A few months before that first meeting, I started working with a personal trainer to regain the mobility and flexibly of my upper body, the energy that I lost during the radiation, and to work with my bad right leg form a bike accident when I was young. I also really focused on eating healthy food, little to no food that came in boxes or had ingredients that I couldn’t pronounce. I went back to see Dr. Lee about a year later. My confidence had greatly improved, I had plenty of time to think about the risks, and I knew for certain what I wanted out of the breast surgery. I had gone through life with large breasts (natural), and the medication I was on, as well as the surgery completely changed how I looked. I wanted to look in the mirror and see the person that I was used to seeing. This meant a breast augmentation, the surgery that Dr. Lee said was risky. When I saw him that second time I told him that I felt I was a good candidate. As a 50 year old women, I was fit, low body fat, very healthy diet. My skin was soft and flexible. My body was strong and flexible. He explained to me again that even though my skin looked good on the outside, the radiation damage on the inside would be there, leaving all the tissue hard & scarred. There was still the risk of infection and improper healing. After much discussion on the risks, procedures, and what to expect, my surgery was booked. It has been one year now since my surgery. I feel fortunate that I not only had a skilled surgeon, but a smart trainer who worked with me post surgery to ensure that my flexibility & strength returned, at an appropriate pace. I feel strongly that it was the combination of the two that enabled me to heal so well. (www.miskimansc.com – trainers website). With the healthy breast it felt and looked normal at about the 2.5 week mark. As the doctor explained the radiated side would take longer. And since this surgery isn’t done that often, due to the risks & low success rate, we weren’t certain what the time frame would be. The discomfort certainly lasted longer. And it took quite a while for it to drop and look natural. There was a great change the first few months, but I think in total it took about 10 months for it to look the way it does now. Patience is the key here. My healthy breast looks exactly like my original pre cancer and pre medication breast looked. My radiated breast looks almost the same. They both feel very natural. The scars are almost not noticeable, & the area healed well. Dr. Lee also used the lumpectomy area as part of the pocket for the implant. There is now only a slight indentation on the outside of my left breast. After the surgery, the first thing I asked Dr. Lee was how stiff and scarred was the inside of my left breast. He told me that it was half of what he expected. Clearly, all the training & healthy lifestyle greatly affected how the surgery went & how I healed. Dr. Lee was extremely happy with how this worked out, & suggested as it was so successful, that my lifestyle choices likely had a strong effect. This generally wasn't the case with surgery's on radiated breasts. One of the biggest frustrations I had while dealing with cancer and the post cancer period, is that doctors don’t really give you all the information that you need to return to your pre cancer lifestyle. I will never forget the line in the radiation booklet. It basically said, that you need to determine who the new you is. NO mention that if you want to make changes you can. That for those who want to be active, healthy and flexible, you can do it! The majority of women who get breast cancer these days are of the generation that was never really into training and weight lifting. Due to my accident at a young age, I had a different mind frame. I will always be grateful to Dr. Lee for being honest with me, not taking advantage of me when I was vulnerable, and having real discussions on how my lifestyle choices would affect the surgery outcome, and ensure that down the road my implants would be ok.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

I was referred to see Dr. Lee just over a year ago by my GP to consult about long-standing neck and back issues and the possibility of a breast reduction as a solution. Thanks to cancellation lists, I saw Dr. Lee within months and was scheduled for surgery within 9 months of our initial visit. The recommended course of action was a breast reduction. I had my surgery at Jim Pattison Out-Patient Centre. The nurses there were all amazing and Dr. Lee visited just prior to my procedure to explain what he was doing . The ONLY negative of this experience was my abreaction to the anaesthetic. I found myself extremely nauseous until many hours after my discharge. Aside from this, my recovering proceeded without incident. He removed 2 pounds, taking me from a 34DD to a 34B/C. Dr. Lee saw me 4 days following the surgery, again the next week and then a month later. In all instances, I found him compassionate, competent, funny and professional. I felt he prepared me well for how to expect my recovery to unfold. This surgery has been completely life-changing for me. It’s motivated me to get fit and I’m happy to report I’m at my goal weight, which works nicely with my reduced and perky new chest size! Although it may be elective, it is not minor surgery so be prepared for a longer recovery period of at least 6-8 weeks. A final note is that I have heard through the grapevine that Dr. Lee does much charitable work in 3rd world countries, a lovely gesture of giving back. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Lee and his amazing staff.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

My family Doctor referred me to see Dr.Adrian Lee because I had been complaining for months about my back pain. During my consultation I found Dr.Adrian Lee and his staff to be professional, knowledgeable and polite which made me feel at ease throughout the entire experience. Im now pleased to say that today marks the one year anniversary of my bilateral breast reduction. I went from being a 32G to  33D cup. I had 3lbs removed, everything re shaped and lifted. Dr.Adrian Lee and his team did a phenomenal job and I could not recommend enough.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Had breast reduction surgery on sept 6 /16 and I am very happy with the results. Had no problems after surgery. I am very happy with Dr A lee and his staff they were all great

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Dr. Lee performed my MSP covered breast reduction several months ago, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Not only do my breasts look amazing (the shape, symmetry and proportion couldn't be more perfect- even the placement of the incisions was strategically planned and executed), but also the pain I previously experienced on a daily basis in my neck and back has completely disappeared. A weight has literally been lifted off my shoulders and I feel FREE! As you can probably tell, I have absolutely no regrets about choosing to go forward with this procedure. I'm just so grateful to have had such a talented, meticulous and kind surgeon (as well as a fantastic group of people that work with him!). Thank you all so much!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

I first learned about Dr. Adrian Lee and his team from a trusted friend and colleague, also in the medical field, who had a wonderful experience of her own with him. I had been interested in pursuing a BBA for the better part of a decade, and in retrospect I am so pleased I decided to wait until my late 20's to get an enhancement because the results reflect how I have matured over the years - Dr. Lee captured perfectly my more conservative approach to a BBA, and the results have far exceeded any photo's of inspiration I could have ever shared with him in advance of my surgery. He is a sincere artist, mindful of your concerns (mine was the length of scar within the crease & a subtle, conservative result) and is very intuitive when suggesting what size(s) would produce such results. Dr. Lee's admin staff were very accommodating from my initial phone call, quick to provide a variety of appointment dates/times and very knowledgeable/kind pre-op nurses - my last memory before falling asleep under general in the op-room was laughing at a joke! Major compliments to all the professionals involved across the board from start to finish. I strongly recommend Dr. Lee and his team; his kind demeanour and warm conversation will make you feel at ease and provide all the information you need to make a knowledgeable, fact-based decision.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

Dr. Lee is the Plastic Surgeon my family Dr referred me to, after the 2 doctors I had picked would not take me since I am a bit overweight (BMI too high for private clinic). My family Dr assured me that two of the nurses she works with at Surrey Memorial had had breast reductions by Dr Lee and were pleased. That made me feel comfortable enough to go and meet him. When I did, I was pleasantly surprised. He understood what I wanted and didn't have to do a lot of explaining to me (as I had already done tons of research on the subject), but did go over the entire process so that I knew what I was getting myself in to. Because of a personal circumstance I had, he was able to schedule me in a bit earlier than the expected wait time, and I am so very thankful for that. My surgery was scheduled and I opted for the additional lipo on the sides (and I cannot recommend that enough if you're chubby and large chested). I started out as a G-cup. I asked for a C/small D and that is exactly what I got. Initially I thought that my breasts were a bit small (although that would be my preference rather than too large). But after 2.5 months my breasts are lovely and rounded and natural looking and the size I wanted. I had no serious issues with recovery, except for a couple of "spitting stitches". I rested a lot initially. The anesthetic really took it out of me. It was quite painful the first few days, but after that - things were quite tolerable. I can recommend Dr. Lee wholeheartly. Thanks so very, very much! The health issues I was having before from the large breasts are a thing of the past :)

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr. Lee performed a breast reduction on myself and my two daughters. We have all had great success and are very happy with the results. Dr. Lee's work is impeccable. He is very personable and has a great bedside manner and is very interested in achieving a good outcome. We recommended him to each other and have no hesitation recommending him to others.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Words are not enough for me to commend the staff from the receptionist to Dr. Lee. Dr. Lee has shown a personal interest in my welfare and has even asked after me while chatting with my husband. His bedside manners are above and beyond great! An attribute that many drs. lack while trying to maximize their "bottom line". My breast surgery (reduction) was a tremendous success. It minimized my back pain that was almost unmanageable prior to Dr. Lee's surgery. He was recommended to me by 3 of his patients, for which I am most grateful! I would not hesitate in commending him to others needing similar surgeries. Both Dr. Lee and his secretary, Lisa, are breaths of fresh air! Thank you, thank you thank you. D.M.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Dr. Lee performed two reconstructive surgeries on me that were related to a breast cancer diagnosis. He did a really great job on the reconstruction. I am grateful to have had him as my surgeon. The results were much better then I thought they would be and he went above and beyond to ensure that the results were as good as possible. The office staff were also so helpful and supportive. Thank you so much, Dr. Lee and team!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Dr. Adrian Lee's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English