You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Tim McCarthy

I'm sorry that he has passed away but I completely concur with the person who wrote this : "Would not maintain eye contact with me. No empathy, made me feel like I was wasting his time. Made lots of off the cuff remarks and comments under his breath without clarifying anything with me. Asked lots of questions but barely listened to any of my answers. I felt humiliated and angry on leaving. Do not recommend." My experience with this doctor left me none the wiser about his opinion or how he could help me. Both visits ended in tears. I vowed never to go back.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

I had injuries was in severe pain he gave me a nerve block in the pelvic which made the pain worse was then having burning pain was up most nights in tears he would not give me anything for pain my experience was horrible uncaring made my pain worse from the injection he gave to me was up most nights in pain it made everything worse I ended up going to hospital to try and get some help because he would not give me anything for pain completely Heartless

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

A wonderful doctor compassionate and understanding and fantastic staff!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

People all over Melbourne will miss this wonderful man

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

Tim you were a mate as well my dr ,what do I do now who has the skills that you had, I must wait till we meet again then we can start again thanks for all that you gave me

flag | Submitted November 16, 2014

I have known Tim since I was 8 and now in my 20's he has been my Dr and I had the same block you had and you obviously dont know what your talking about. Speaking ill about the dead and a respected and loved doctor is not on. If you were at the funeral u would of seen how loved he was and how many patients were there. You are a horrible person.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2014

Thanks Tim, your wisdom and excellent skill did more than I can put into words. You diagnosed and fixed a two year agonizing back injury in two months when I first met you. Although your life ended suddenly and early, you now live on through all that you saved and loved. No one had the chance to say their goodbyes so instead we will keep you in our hearts until the next life when we can say hello.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

I was never worried about Tim retiring soon, I thought he would work until he was 100-- and he probably would have if he had not passed away so soon. Tom I have soon for such a hard working, full of energy miastro in the field of pain management. My heart goes out to all that have known Tim. I'm sure you are in a better place now, but in your time on Earth, you've made it a better place. Rest in peace, I will always be thankful for all you've taught me about my chronic pain you will be missed by all

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

So very saddened by the passing of Dr Tim McCarthy. He was a dedicated and caring professional and I am so grateful for the 7 years I was his patient. My life changed for the better when he took over my care and despite some hurdles along the way, he never gave up on me. Consequently I have had quality of life for that time that I otherwise would not have had. I know his other patients will feel the terrible loss that I am feeling. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and staff. Thanks Dr. Tim, you were special, need more like you!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Feel very sorry to hear of Dr. Tim McCarthys" passing. When I was in agony after having my last operation, he tried everything until he found what worked for my pain. I would like to send my condolences to Tims" wife, family and Staff. He was so dedicated and helpful in every way possible for me. May he rest in peace. Will always remember him. Thanks Tim. XX

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Dr. Tim McCarthy's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I'm sorry that he has passed away but I completely concur with the person who wrote this : "Would not maintain eye contact with me. No empathy, made me feel lik..."

January 11, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I had injuries was in severe pain he gave me a nerve block in the pelvic which made the pain worse was then having burning pain was up most nights in tears he w..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A wonderful doctor compassionate and understanding and fantastic staff! "

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "People all over Melbourne will miss this wonderful man"

December 6, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Tim you were a mate as well my dr ,what do I do now who has the skills that you had, I must wait till we meet again then we can start again thanks for all that..."

November 16, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Who ever wrote that last comment... Karma will get you. I gave known Tim since I was 8 and now in my 20's he has been my Dr and I had the same block you had and..."

November 16, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "i was giving a neural block in the publix which cause severe nerve pain he was heartless and never don't my dr why it coused severe nerve pain around the worst ..."

November 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thanks Tim, your wisdom and excellent skill did more than I can put into words. You diagnosed and fixed a two year agonizing back injury in two months when I fi..."

November 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was never worried about Tim retiring soon, I thought he would work until he was 100-- and he probably would have if he had not passed away so soon. Tom I ha..."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "So very saddened by the passing of Dr Tim McCarthy. He was a dedicated and caring professional and I am so grateful for the 7 years I was his patient. My life ..."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Feel very sorry to hear of Dr. Tim McCarthys" passing. When I was in agony after having my last operation, he tried everything until he found what worked for my..."

October 24, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "So sad to hear of the sudden passing of Dr Timothy McCarthy. He was a total professional. He helped me so much with learning to manage my pain, and also in al..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Tim is an amazing person and doctor he cares so much about his work and his patients. I would not be where l am now without him and now a massive loss to me and..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Tim McCarthy has been my pain manager for 15years and I can not speak highly enough of him. Tim has been a friend to me as well as an amazing doctor. I would re..."

October 20, 2014