Ratings for Dr. Kirsten L. Smith

I thought I'd do a favour for the potential patients of Dr. Smith's, by writing this review: I am 20 weeks pregnant with my first and I've had two appointments so far with Dr. Smith's office. I saw her one time out of the two, and somebody covering her while she was on vacation. I am not writing based on the helpfulness of Dr. Smith and her medical student, they were a pleasure in the 15 minutes I sat with them. My review is based on Dr. Smith's TERRIBLE receptionist, I do not know her name, it may be Eve, but she is a Filipino lady who sits on the right hand side of the front desk (I do not mean to use her ethnic background to be malicious, as I am of Filipino descent myself - this is just to describe this lady as I'm not certain of her name). She has the worst telephone manners - she cuts me off mid sentence, talks to me as if she is scolding her child, and is just not a pleasant person to deal with over the phone at all. Every time I speak with her I find my self red with frustration and confusion as to how a woman can be so passive aggressive to another woman who is expecting her first child. I generally have high tolerance for others, and understand one might have a rough day, but it's clear that this lady is always this way. My expectations are not high at all. When I interact with her in person though, to my surprise. She is very brief and polite, I'm assuming this is because I am face-to-face with her. This office does not call their patients to confirm their upcoming appointment, thus do not notify the patient NOT to go to North York General Hospital as they are located OFF SITE on 1333 Sheppard Ave. That reminder would have been helpful when I attended my first appointment late, during a hailing raining snowstorm. Also, Her receptionist called me on a Friday afternoon (today) only to cancel my Monday morning appointment. She became even nastier when I asked about the process of being referred to another OB - since North York Gen is out of my way. Mind you, I like Dr. K Smith and was willing to put up with this rotten receptionist of hers. I work in healthcare and would never be this passive aggressive with any patient, on the phone or in person - I would say I have interacted with this receptionist (Eve I believe her name is) more than I have with Dr. Smith and her team. Every time I speak with this lady I regret ever being referred to this office. I would not recommend going to Dr. K Smith's office if you do not want to be spoken to like a child, or if you are expecting your first baby and have questions simple enough for a receptionist could answer. This secretary leaves a bitter taste in my mouth every time I get off the phone. If Dr. Kirsten Smith or a team member or hers is reading this: Please look into hiring a compassionate and professional front-line member of your office, since Eve (I have to confirm this receptionist's name, and I'll sleep better at night) is poorly representing you and your lovely staff. I tried my best to tolerate this lady, but for other reasons, due to travel and hassle to get to your office, I will have to bring my "business" elsewhere. I was originally referred to Dr. Sabrina Lee, who unfortunately was not accepting patients.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Just met Dr. Smith. She listened to my concerns, was prepared for my appointment and was great to talk to. Ensured I was making the right decision to have my surgery. Really liked her personality and attention to detail. Her assistant was also very nice and professional.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I had my first baby with a midwife, but then had to go to an OB for my second pregnancy due to some complications. Dr. Smith was professional and gave me all the support that I wanted. Sure, she didn't sit down with me for 30 min to talk about every little question, but by the second baby, I didn't want that anyways. I did have some potential risks with this second baby and Dr. Smith was very responsive and supportive through my pregnancy. We had to schedule a c-section and it went very smoothly. I would totally go back to her if I were having any more kids!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

This lady has absolutely no bed side manner. She's condescending and sarcastic and she really shouldn't be delivering babies. She was negative and unpleasant and she basically told me to "tough out" my pregnancy, because I was having such a hard time...She gave me no guidance on how delivery would be, very unapproachable and every time I asked her something she would answer in an annoyed tone. She actually yelled at me one day, had me in tears. I would NEVER recommend her ! She's always in a bad mood and always rushed me out of her office, very unprofessional. She's a very cold person, I have no idea how she gets any good reviews. She clearly picks and chooses who she is nice to. Oh, and her internal examinations were so painful ! I actually screamed one time.....she looked at me and said "you'll live" ......Nasty woman...steer clear of her ! There are much better doctors out there.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

I absolutely LOVE dr.Smith! I've never even written a review in my entire life, but for the sake of her I'm doing it. I read reviews about her before seeing her and was afraid of bad experience. At the beginning I kind of experienced cold attitude etc as some other people mentioned here, BUT I soon realized that nobody got time to stand there and chat with you just to seem polite. She IS very busy, therefore quick and upfront and if you got any questions she answers them very professionally. So people, don't expect her to consult you about pregnancy, life and joy, and be your psychotherapist because she is NOT. She is a gynecologist and a perfect one! When I was delivering my baby, she was there to change my baby's head position (she came in a few minutes after nurses asked for her), she was an expert in it and and it helped me to give birth within 25mins. She came to see us the next day personally and gave advises I needed most for first weeks. I can see that she really cares about her patients and truly does an amazing job! I will definitely go to her with my second one (if God blesses me:)) and I highly recommend her! So if somebody experienced cold attitude etc, keep in mind that first of all you have to be open and polite and if you have questions just ask, she'll be there to help you!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

OMG all of the good reviews here must be fake. Dr. Smith is a horrible doctor and an evil human being. I don't even want to go into the terrible experience I had with her. Thanks god there are still good and caring Doctor available unfortunately Doctor smith is not one of them. Stay clear!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I have NEVER in my life experienced a painful internal exam until Dr Smith. And I've been to male gynecologists/ob gyn's in the past when I lived in another city and their internal exams were painless. In fact I never thought an internal exam would hurt. Dr. Smith is extremely rough during the internal exam and there is absolutely no reason to be rough. Her technique needs to be corrected. As a result of her painful exam, I had cramping for a few days. Would never go back to her and I have since spoken to a few people who unfortunately experienced this a well and agree with me.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

This is my third pregnancy and she has been amazing with all of them! She is very knowledgeable and thorough. The receptionist is very friendly. I recommend having her as a doctor, she made the entire experience very positive!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

She has been my doctor since 2007. I have three kids and had 3 miscarriage s in between. She listen to you and cares about your physical and mental health. She is proactive as opposed to reactive and won't neglect the slightest issue. She is the brst. Her staff is the best I've ever seen: polite, helpful, punctual, knowledgeable and responsive. This team is simply the best

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. Smith is amazing. I've been seeing her since my first pregnancy in 2008. She preformed my c-section for my second son that was born in the summer of 2014, and did an amazing job. She helped me with the anxiety I faced upon being told I needed a c-section while in labour, but also did her best to manually move the baby out of the breech position before committing to the c-section. She is warm and caring, and always asks about how we are all doing. After delivering my second son and learning he had a birth defect, she personally came to my room to visit and check on me and my well-being, hugged me and cried with me and offered her ear, expertise or connections any time we needed. She has also preformed cervical biopsy's on me in the past as I was dealing with abnormal cells for a while, and made me feel calm and comfortable each time. She is very knowledgeable, honest, supportive and has a great bedside manner. HIGHLY, highly recommended. I don't ever want to see another OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Dr. Kirsten L. Smith's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I thought I'd do a favour for the potential patients of Dr. Smith's, by writing this review: I am 20 weeks pregnant with my first and I've had two appointmen..."

April 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just met Dr. Smith. She listened to my concerns, was prepared for my appointment and was great to talk to. Ensured I was making the right decision to have my..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my first baby with a midwife, but then had to go to an OB for my second pregnancy due to some complications. Dr. Smith was professional and gave me all ..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "This lady has absolutely no bed side manner. She's condescending and sarcastic and she really shouldn't be delivering babies. She was negative and unpleasant an..."

November 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I absolutely LOVE dr.Smith! I've never even written a review in my entire life, but for the sake of her I'm doing it. I read reviews about her before seeing her..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "OMG all of the good reviews here must be fake. Dr. Smith is a horrible doctor and an evil human being. I don't even want to go into the terrible experience I ..."

October 20, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.marathondynamics.com/" to "".

October 1, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "L5E 3J6" to "". Address has been updated from "None 1207 Upper Village Dr" to "". Suite has been updated from "None" to "". Phone Number has been updated from "19058913197" to "".

October 1, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have NEVER in my life experienced a painful internal exam until Dr Smith. And I've been to male gynecologists/ob gyn's in the past when I lived in another ci..."

July 30, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.marathondynamics.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "L5E 3J6". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 1207 Upper Village Dr". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19058913197".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is my third pregnancy and she has been amazing with all of them! She is very knowledgeable and thorough. The receptionist is very friendly. I recommend hav..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She has been my doctor since 2007. I have three kids and had 3 miscarriage s in between. She listen to you and cares about your physical and mental health. She ..."

April 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Smith is amazing. I've been seeing her since my first pregnancy in 2008. She preformed my c-section for my second son that was born in the summer of 2014, ..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr Smith since 2008 and she has always been incredible. She is helpful, thorough, explains why she is making decisions with your long term health in..."

February 6, 2015
  • location removed: York, ON

February 25, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Kirsten" to "Kirsten L."

February 25, 2014