Ratings for Dr. Kirsten L. Smith

No doubt Dr. Smith is intelligent and a great doctor but the comment below about her receptionist Eva and how great she is is overstated and false. She needs an attitude adjustment and it has probably been brought to her attention by now, so she may be better now. However she is the reason I pulled my file from this office to be followed by an OB at Mount Sinai Hospital. Anyway, I work in a high volume department at a hospital, with multiple physicians and many, many patients and would never speak to any of them the way she did to me on a consistent basis. Every one has their bad day, but it was clear that Eva had an issue with speaking to patients with respect.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I had an incredible experience through my entire pregnancy with Dr. Smith. I loved Eva (her receptionist) as well. Any time I called I expected to be put on hold (did you see how busy the office can be??) and I know she did the best she could to get to the calls as quick as possible. I know how hard it is to deal with calls and patients coming in and out and I think she dos great. And Dr. Smith always made very intelligent decisions regarding my pregnancy, and was also warm and friendly. I really loved this team and had great experiences from start until finish. I will absolutely be coming back for next baby!

Submitted August 9, 2016

Can't thank Dr. Smith enough, I am seven weeks post op from my radical hysterectomy. I feel very good and she has been there when I needed her and I always feel that she listened to my concerns pre and post op.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Dr Smith seems caring and knowledgeable. She is pro-sushi for pregnant women :)

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

I cannot agree with the comment written below on April 15 regarding the receptionist, Eva. Dr. Smith, herself, is actually a wonderful and knowledgeable doctor, and I would recommend being referred to her, even more so if she had a receptionist with some level of emotional intelligence. Not too long ago, I had a missed miscarriage and was referred to Dr. Smith. Because it was my second early miscarriage (and obviously concerning for my husband and I), Dr. Smith asked that, when I am pregnant again, I call her office when I find out and make an appointment to see her earlier (as opposed to 11 weeks) for an ultrasound and close monitoring. When we become pregnant for the third time, I followed her instructions and called her office to make an appointment. Not only was I already fearful and anxious being pregnant again, I had to deal with her absolutely rude receptionist, Eva. I was cut off numerous times over the phone and she insisted that, despite what Dr. Smith's instructions were to me, I needed to go to the early pregnancy clinic and see Dr. Smith at 11 weeks. My GP contacted the office and recommended that I see Dr. Smith early, as per her instructions. I never heard back and, unfortunately, miscarried for the third time, while waiting. I understand that there was nothing Dr. Smith could have done to help keep my pregnancy, but Eva's attitude and disrespect did not help how I was feeling. Being pregnant can sometimes be scary for some women and, in an office like Dr. Smith's, I would assume the front-line staff would be aware of that fact. Eva is impatient and ill-mannered.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I thought I'd do a favour for the potential patients of Dr. Smith's, by writing this review: I am 20 weeks pregnant with my first and I've had two appointments so far with Dr. Smith's office. I saw her one time out of the two, and somebody covering her while she was on vacation. I am not writing based on the helpfulness of Dr. Smith and her medical student, they were a pleasure in the 15 minutes I sat with them. My review is based on Dr. Smith's TERRIBLE receptionist, I do not know her name, it may be Eve, but she is a Filipino lady who sits on the right hand side of the front desk (I do not mean to use her ethnic background to be malicious, as I am of Filipino descent myself - this is just to describe this lady as I'm not certain of her name). She has the worst telephone manners - she cuts me off mid sentence, talks to me as if she is scolding her child, and is just not a pleasant person to deal with over the phone at all. Every time I speak with her I find my self red with frustration and confusion as to how a woman can be so passive aggressive to another woman who is expecting her first child. I generally have high tolerance for others, and understand one might have a rough day, but it's clear that this lady is always this way. My expectations are not high at all. When I interact with her in person though, to my surprise. She is very brief and polite, I'm assuming this is because I am face-to-face with her. This office does not call their patients to confirm their upcoming appointment, thus do not notify the patient NOT to go to North York General Hospital as they are located OFF SITE on 1333 Sheppard Ave. That reminder would have been helpful when I attended my first appointment late, during a hailing raining snowstorm. Also, Her receptionist called me on a Friday afternoon (today) only to cancel my Monday morning appointment. She became even nastier when I asked about the process of being referred to another OB - since North York Gen is out of my way. Mind you, I like Dr. K Smith and was willing to put up with this rotten receptionist of hers. I work in healthcare and would never be this passive aggressive with any patient, on the phone or in person - I would say I have interacted with this receptionist (Eve I believe her name is) more than I have with Dr. Smith and her team. Every time I speak with this lady I regret ever being referred to this office. I would not recommend going to Dr. K Smith's office if you do not want to be spoken to like a child, or if you are expecting your first baby and have questions simple enough for a receptionist could answer. This secretary leaves a bitter taste in my mouth every time I get off the phone. If Dr. Kirsten Smith or a team member or hers is reading this: Please look into hiring a compassionate and professional front-line member of your office, since Eve (I have to confirm this receptionist's name, and I'll sleep better at night) is poorly representing you and your lovely staff. I tried my best to tolerate this lady, but for other reasons, due to travel and hassle to get to your office, I will have to bring my "business" elsewhere. I was originally referred to Dr. Sabrina Lee, who unfortunately was not accepting patients.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Just met Dr. Smith. She listened to my concerns, was prepared for my appointment and was great to talk to. Ensured I was making the right decision to have my surgery. Really liked her personality and attention to detail. Her assistant was also very nice and professional.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I had my first baby with a midwife, but then had to go to an OB for my second pregnancy due to some complications. Dr. Smith was professional and gave me all the support that I wanted. Sure, she didn't sit down with me for 30 min to talk about every little question, but by the second baby, I didn't want that anyways. I did have some potential risks with this second baby and Dr. Smith was very responsive and supportive through my pregnancy. We had to schedule a c-section and it went very smoothly. I would totally go back to her if I were having any more kids!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

This lady has absolutely no bed side manner. She's condescending and sarcastic and she really shouldn't be delivering babies. She was negative and unpleasant and she basically told me to "tough out" my pregnancy, because I was having such a hard time...She gave me no guidance on how delivery would be, very unapproachable and every time I asked her something she would answer in an annoyed tone. She actually yelled at me one day, had me in tears. I would NEVER recommend her ! She's always in a bad mood and always rushed me out of her office, very unprofessional. She's a very cold person, I have no idea how she gets any good reviews. She clearly picks and chooses who she is nice to. Oh, and her internal examinations were so painful ! I actually screamed one time.....she looked at me and said "you'll live" ......Nasty woman...steer clear of her ! There are much better doctors out there.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

I absolutely LOVE dr.Smith! I've never even written a review in my entire life, but for the sake of her I'm doing it. I read reviews about her before seeing her and was afraid of bad experience. At the beginning I kind of experienced cold attitude etc as some other people mentioned here, BUT I soon realized that nobody got time to stand there and chat with you just to seem polite. She IS very busy, therefore quick and upfront and if you got any questions she answers them very professionally. So people, don't expect her to consult you about pregnancy, life and joy, and be your psychotherapist because she is NOT. She is a gynecologist and a perfect one! When I was delivering my baby, she was there to change my baby's head position (she came in a few minutes after nurses asked for her), she was an expert in it and and it helped me to give birth within 25mins. She came to see us the next day personally and gave advises I needed most for first weeks. I can see that she really cares about her patients and truly does an amazing job! I will definitely go to her with my second one (if God blesses me:)) and I highly recommend her! So if somebody experienced cold attitude etc, keep in mind that first of all you have to be open and polite and if you have questions just ask, she'll be there to help you!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015