Ratings for Dr. Kirsten L. Smith

Just met Dr. Smith. She listened to my concerns, was prepared for my appointment and was great to talk to. Ensured I was making the right decision to have my surgery. Really liked her personality and attention to detail. Her assistant was also very nice and professional.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I had my first baby with a midwife, but then had to go to an OB for my second pregnancy due to some complications. Dr. Smith was professional and gave me all the support that I wanted. Sure, she didn't sit down with me for 30 min to talk about every little question, but by the second baby, I didn't want that anyways. I did have some potential risks with this second baby and Dr. Smith was very responsive and supportive through my pregnancy. We had to schedule a c-section and it went very smoothly. I would totally go back to her if I were having any more kids!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

This lady has absolutely no bed side manner. She's condescending and sarcastic and she really shouldn't be delivering babies. She was negative and unpleasant and she basically told me to "tough out" my pregnancy, because I was having such a hard time...She gave me no guidance on how delivery would be, very unapproachable and every time I asked her something she would answer in an annoyed tone. She actually yelled at me one day, had me in tears. I would NEVER recommend her ! She's always in a bad mood and always rushed me out of her office, very unprofessional. She's a very cold person, I have no idea how she gets any good reviews. She clearly picks and chooses who she is nice to. Oh, and her internal examinations were so painful ! I actually screamed one time.....she looked at me and said "you'll live" ......Nasty woman...steer clear of her ! There are much better doctors out there.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

I absolutely LOVE dr.Smith! I've never even written a review in my entire life, but for the sake of her I'm doing it. I read reviews about her before seeing her and was afraid of bad experience. At the beginning I kind of experienced cold attitude etc as some other people mentioned here, BUT I soon realized that nobody got time to stand there and chat with you just to seem polite. She IS very busy, therefore quick and upfront and if you got any questions she answers them very professionally. So people, don't expect her to consult you about pregnancy, life and joy, and be your psychotherapist because she is NOT. She is a gynecologist and a perfect one! When I was delivering my baby, she was there to change my baby's head position (she came in a few minutes after nurses asked for her), she was an expert in it and and it helped me to give birth within 25mins. She came to see us the next day personally and gave advises I needed most for first weeks. I can see that she really cares about her patients and truly does an amazing job! I will definitely go to her with my second one (if God blesses me:)) and I highly recommend her! So if somebody experienced cold attitude etc, keep in mind that first of all you have to be open and polite and if you have questions just ask, she'll be there to help you!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

OMG all of the good reviews here must be fake. Dr. Smith is a horrible doctor and an evil human being. I don't even want to go into the terrible experience I had with her. Thanks god there are still good and caring Doctor available unfortunately Doctor smith is not one of them. Stay clear!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I have NEVER in my life experienced a painful internal exam until Dr Smith. And I've been to male gynecologists/ob gyn's in the past when I lived in another city and their internal exams were painless. In fact I never thought an internal exam would hurt. Dr. Smith is extremely rough during the internal exam and there is absolutely no reason to be rough. Her technique needs to be corrected. As a result of her painful exam, I had cramping for a few days. Would never go back to her and I have since spoken to a few people who unfortunately experienced this a well and agree with me.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

This is my third pregnancy and she has been amazing with all of them! She is very knowledgeable and thorough. The receptionist is very friendly. I recommend having her as a doctor, she made the entire experience very positive!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

She has been my doctor since 2007. I have three kids and had 3 miscarriage s in between. She listen to you and cares about your physical and mental health. She is proactive as opposed to reactive and won't neglect the slightest issue. She is the brst. Her staff is the best I've ever seen: polite, helpful, punctual, knowledgeable and responsive. This team is simply the best

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. Smith is amazing. I've been seeing her since my first pregnancy in 2008. She preformed my c-section for my second son that was born in the summer of 2014, and did an amazing job. She helped me with the anxiety I faced upon being told I needed a c-section while in labour, but also did her best to manually move the baby out of the breech position before committing to the c-section. She is warm and caring, and always asks about how we are all doing. After delivering my second son and learning he had a birth defect, she personally came to my room to visit and check on me and my well-being, hugged me and cried with me and offered her ear, expertise or connections any time we needed. She has also preformed cervical biopsy's on me in the past as I was dealing with abnormal cells for a while, and made me feel calm and comfortable each time. She is very knowledgeable, honest, supportive and has a great bedside manner. HIGHLY, highly recommended. I don't ever want to see another OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I have seen Dr Smith since 2008 and she has always been incredible. She is helpful, thorough, explains why she is making decisions with your long term health in mind. She also tries to make a genuine connection with her patients - I have had the opposite experience of those who have complaints about her bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr. Kirsten L. Smith's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just met Dr. Smith. She listened to my concerns, was prepared for my appointment and was great to talk to. Ensured I was making the right decision to have my..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my first baby with a midwife, but then had to go to an OB for my second pregnancy due to some complications. Dr. Smith was professional and gave me all ..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "This lady has absolutely no bed side manner. She's condescending and sarcastic and she really shouldn't be delivering babies. She was negative and unpleasant an..."

November 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I absolutely LOVE dr.Smith! I've never even written a review in my entire life, but for the sake of her I'm doing it. I read reviews about her before seeing her..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "OMG all of the good reviews here must be fake. Dr. Smith is a horrible doctor and an evil human being. I don't even want to go into the terrible experience I ..."

October 20, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.marathondynamics.com/" to "".

October 1, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "L5E 3J6" to "". Address has been updated from "None 1207 Upper Village Dr" to "". Suite has been updated from "None" to "". Phone Number has been updated from "19058913197" to "".

October 1, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have NEVER in my life experienced a painful internal exam until Dr Smith. And I've been to male gynecologists/ob gyn's in the past when I lived in another ci..."

July 30, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.marathondynamics.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "L5E 3J6". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 1207 Upper Village Dr". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19058913197".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is my third pregnancy and she has been amazing with all of them! She is very knowledgeable and thorough. The receptionist is very friendly. I recommend hav..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She has been my doctor since 2007. I have three kids and had 3 miscarriage s in between. She listen to you and cares about your physical and mental health. She ..."

April 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Smith is amazing. I've been seeing her since my first pregnancy in 2008. She preformed my c-section for my second son that was born in the summer of 2014, ..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr Smith since 2008 and she has always been incredible. She is helpful, thorough, explains why she is making decisions with your long term health in..."

February 6, 2015
  • location removed: York, ON

February 25, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Kirsten" to "Kirsten L."

February 25, 2014