Ratings for Dr. Kirsten L. Smith

Dr Smith is amazing. When i attend her appointments and she is late she actually apologizes which is unheard of from a dr. She explains everything clearly and concisely, she has even printed out my previous medical history to give to me so I would have the information myself. If she doesn't know the answer to a question she doesn't pretend like most drs and give you her best guess- she is upfront and tells you what information she has. I am a patient with a complicated case, a previous early delivery and a current serology that involves Zika but she never made me nervous about it. She never babied me or tried to give me false hope. She was realistic, accessible and honest. She spoke to me with respect and warmth and I am only regretful that I am moving so I couldn't continue under her care. I also have to say that in a day and age where Dr.'s receptionists act like gatekeepers to accessing your Dr., Eva her receptionist is an welcome exception. She actually answers the phone, returns calls, is polite and pleasant and really takes her time to listen to your requests and try and meet them. It was such a pleasure and comfort to deal with her. I almost cancelled my first appointment reading some of these reviews but I am so glad I didn't. What a great experience, especially coming in with a complicated as stressful pregnancy.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

I had a terrible experience. Please research before you commit. Honestly I felt Dr. Smith is more interested making money off you. Absolutely no guidance or support thereafter. Taking Progestorone supplements , with it Estrogen is no joke , you need to be able to reach the doctor if you need too. To see this doctor again means another huge fee with no guarantee. If you can get away without the support of external hormone supplements after menopause it is way better and safer.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Dr. Smith is a misanthropist. She had nothing but contempt for my medical issue and I. Never have I been so disgusted with a healthcare practitioner in my life. Her ignorance, poor bedside manner, and inability to listen is repulsive and should not be tolerated. If you have the opportunity, please seek another physician.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Dr Smith is an excellent doctor who is also kind and thoughtful.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

She is very condescending, does not know how to speak to her patients, very rude. She went completely off topic, did not discuss about my issue of why I was there, tried to embarrass me in front of student Dr. She was judging me about my choices...who does she think she is to give her NON-medical opinion as a Doctor. I do NOT recommend her as a gynecologist

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

If you are NOT pregnant or are over the age of 35, I do NOT recommend to see or be referred to see Dr K Smith. I repeat do NOT go to her. Extremely rude, does not listen, extremely judgmental. Will belittle you, make you feel extremely uncomfortable, does not explain the why or how of your issue. I could have received better advice from WebMD. Do NOT recommend to see Dr Kirsten Smith at ALL!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Smith was a very nice doctor and answered all our questions. She gave birth to my wife and did a great job (very efficient). Her average waiting time for the visit was 15-30 mins.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I went to go see Dr. Smith as I was suffering severe chronic pelvic pain due to endometriosis. She treated me as if it was all in my head, and said "maybe it's 'just' nerve pain, because this isn't a typical symptom of endo. and you'll just have to learn to live with it." YES, chronic pelvic pain IS a symptom of endo. She then said that no one would ever give me a second surgery unless I was experiencing infertility. I was in so much pain I could barely walk, yet she denied me care - she told me to "wait" to see if the pain would go away (it doesn't with my disease), and then she openly shamed me for taking oxycontin to cope with the pain, saying that I had to get off of it, and I would never get that kind of medication from her. She then gave me a prescription for naproxen, even though I told her I have a blood disease and shouldn't be taking it. As far as I'm concerned, this horrible woman should have her license removed. She made me feel as if there was no hope, and left me to suffer severe pain. I'm embarrassed that she can treat endo patients like this, especially that she works with a well-known endometriosis specialist, Dr. Lee. I took my business to another doctor and am anxiously awaiting my surgery date :)

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

No doubt Dr. Smith is intelligent and a great doctor but the comment below about her receptionist Eva and how great she is is overstated and false. She needs an attitude adjustment and it has probably been brought to her attention by now, so she may be better now. However she is the reason I pulled my file from this office to be followed by an OB at Mount Sinai Hospital. Anyway, I work in a high volume department at a hospital, with multiple physicians and many, many patients and would never speak to any of them the way she did to me on a consistent basis. Every one has their bad day, but it was clear that Eva had an issue with speaking to patients with respect.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I had an incredible experience through my entire pregnancy with Dr. Smith. I loved Eva (her receptionist) as well. Any time I called I expected to be put on hold (did you see how busy the office can be??) and I know she did the best she could to get to the calls as quick as possible. I know how hard it is to deal with calls and patients coming in and out and I think she dos great. And Dr. Smith always made very intelligent decisions regarding my pregnancy, and was also warm and friendly. I really loved this team and had great experiences from start until finish. I will absolutely be coming back for next baby!

Submitted August 9, 2016