Ratings for Dr. Stephen Kraft

Love the guy. Great bedside manner makes you feel very comfortable

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I had an eye that turned in occasionally since my late teens, causing double vision. It became significantly worse when I turned 50 last year, and I was referred to Dr. Kraft this year. I had surgery on both eyes in July. I had a fantastic result; my eye is straight and my double vision of over 30 years is gone. Dr. Kraft is an excellent surgeon, with a wonderful personality as well. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

I have been to many doctors in the last five months due to severe unexplained eye strain. Dr. Kraft is by far one of the kindest, most thorough and pleasant doctors I have met. While he doesn't promise cures, he offers great ideas to try. The provincial government could fix many public healthcare issues if they could only figure out how to clone this man.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

My four year old son had strabismus repair done on both of his eyes. We flew from Thunder Bay to Toronto to meet with Dr.Kraft at Sick Kids in January- I was impressed then! As terrified parents of any procedure your little one is going to have to endure, Dr.Kraft took the time to explain every step, the recovery process, what to expect and ensured we understood. We returned home to Thunder Bay and waited for the call that our son would get the surgery. The surgery was booked quickly! Dr.Kraft was travelling to Thunder Bay, and they fit my son in for his surgery. Dr.Kraft met with us two days before the surgery and went through everything again. He's so kind, understanding and patient. He answered all of our questions and was great with my 4 year old! The day if surgery arrived and I was a mess! As a parent we want to protect our children from any pain, so it's difficult to stay calm. Dr.Kraft met us in the OR room and was amazing! My son was upset, and Dr.Kraft had him laughing as he was wheeled away into the OR. When my son was moved to recovery, Dr.Kraft met us in the waiting room. He explained how everything went, and told us our son was telling jokes in the OR before he was put under. He told us he told him a joke too! We followed up with Dr.Kraft the following day and my son was happy to see him, and they even swapped more jokes! I cannot thank Dr.Kraft enough for making our experience less stressful! He gained not only our trust, but the trust of my four year old! So far, my son is in the 80% success rate!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Last April, I went in for strabismus surgery on both eyes and also brown syndrome, doctor Kraft and his staff at sick kids did an amazing job at making me feel safe and less scared for surgery. He takes the time to really talk to you and explain what's going on, which no other doctor had. I really appreciated how he does not treat his patients like just another "number." My self confidence and my over all attitude towards life has improved. My social anxiety is gone and I can really talk to people without being afraid to look at them, I can present infront of classes without fear. Although I had to wait 8 months for an appointment and then another month for the actual surgery; I do realize Dr.kraft is an extremely busy man and there is others like me who needed help. Dr.kraft deserves credit for the time he gives to other people to make a difference in someones life. Doctor Kraft is an extremely good doctor. Highly recommend. (Age13)

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

HIghly, highly recommended. The whole procedure, operation, etc. went smoothly with next to no pain. Dr. Kraft knows his stuff, and I would climb aboard with him and his team again in the blink of an eye.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr. Kraft is an excellent and knowledgeable ophthalmologist. The BEST in Toronto. I have had strabismus surgeries as a child and I am very self-conscious about the way I (or my eyes) look. In the past year or so my residual strabismus slowly got worse and, being new to Toronto, I started my quest of finding the right doctor, with endless amounts of consultations and appointments with optometrists and ophthalmologists. The 8-month wait for my appointment with Dr. Kraft was well worth it. I had my strabismus surgery with him in January and I am 100% satisfied with the results.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

My procedure with Dr. Kraft was completed a few hours ago and the care I received from Dr. Kraft and his staff is commendable. I am very pleased with the outcome of my procedure. I was very nervous and prayed all day but with the grace of God, Dr. Kraft and his staff took their time and maintained their patience with me making the entire process remarkable. I have a few weeks of healing ahead of me but know my procedure was completed by the best and have no doubt my end result will be amazing. I am leaving this post because Dr. Kraft and his staff deserve recognition and for anyone contemplating having a procedure done by Dr. Kraft please know he's a specialist and there is wait but if you want to have your procedure done right it can only be done by the best. Sara-Jane

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

The best Doctor ever! I had strabismus and double vision and DR. Kraft did the surgery and corrected everything. All other doctors were telling me that nothing could be done for that problem. Thank you Dr. Kraft you helped me to get my self confidence back. I got my pretty look back:-)

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Dr. Kraft did one of my eyes for strabismus in 1987 at Sick Kids and repair work on the other (done by another surgeon) in 2003 at Toronto Western. He's incredible. I will also say that I was mental after waking up from anasthetic during the 2003 surgery and had a full out meltdown while they were trying to adjust the stitches - super embarrassing, but he was patient and kind throughout it, when anyone would have been justified in walking out. Amazing man and I've told friends who had a baby with strabismus to insist on a referral to him.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012