Ratings for Dr. Amanda Black

I’ve rated Dr Black excellent for punctuality. While my daughter’s (17) surgery took almost 3 hours longer than expected- she took the right amount of time to do the job so meticulously that she saved my girl’s ovary. She didn’t do what was easiest for her (remove the ovary)- she did what was best for my daughter. She is very serious about her gift and craft - and if that’s inconvenient - in the big picture that is nothing! We found her extremely kind and compassionate to we parents and to my daughter.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2018

Really enjoyed having her as my physician during my pregnancy. Lucked out because she was on call when I had my baby. Yes she sometimes runs behind but she always took the time to answer all of our questions

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Only works one day a week so if you have a problem any other day of the week good luck. I just feel unimportant as if they're herding pregnant cattle in this clinic.

Submitted November 27, 2017

SHE IS ALWAYS LATE! And when she steps into the room, she is rushing.I usually wait for 40 minutes and have a talk in just 2 minutes and THAT's IT.I agree that she doesn't care much about her patients.SO COLD.She sis not even tell me that I will be induced due to some issues that I have been suffering for my 3rd trimester. I was so shocked when she told me they will induced me in 2 days which made my water broke.When I told her that, she said "it's just probably the gel that she used to measure my dilation"..I know that's not it.BUT she still asked me to put a strip of paper to make sure it's the water, and finally she believed me.I'm an immigrant and I don''t know if she treats other races differently

Submitted August 25, 2017

Great experience during my pregnancy and so nice to have her at my delivery as well. Yes she is busy but she always took the time to address our concerns. Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Amanda Black helped us through incredibly hard times, and she did so with compassion. She didn't dance around delivering us bad news, and she was incredibly professional all at once. For any and all future pregnancies, we will be making the trip from Toronto to Ottawa to ensure we see Dr. Black.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dismissed my concerns and made me feel small and uneducated. I'm actually well educated and use to work in the same department. Ultimately, my concerns were a reality during my delivery. Fortunately, I had a different OB on call. She's highly regarded and definitely well educated but we had differences of opinion throughout my pregnancy.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Was the first doctor who respected my decision and she performed my surgery for me. Nobody else listened to me before. It was nice to have someone who didn't judge me for my decision. Thank you.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

She is very dismissive and completely lacks bed side manners. She's late to her appointments and then upon arrival, tries to speed through them. She looks down on her patients and

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Said nothing was wrong with me and told me not to come back because there was nothing else she could do for me. I was later diagnosed with multiple gynecological issues by another dr. Horrible experience.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017