Ratings for Dr. J. Scott Martin

Dr. Martin and his staff - Donna and DK are great. Thanks to Dr. Martin my posture has improved and with my diagnosis of Parkinson's in the past year his treatments have definitely helped.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr. Martin's staff are the best! They are most helpful and friendly. Dr. Martin is very thorough and explains all aspects of the treatment. He has helped me greatly. The only minor complaint I have is that on some occasions the wait time can be rather lengthy.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

I feel Dr Martin is a great chiropracter. He is great with his hands, quick, skillful. To counter the others: he's always adjusted everything that needed it and nothing that didn't. He always asks, every appt, how's my health, has anything changed, what are you doing for exercise. Even on the"assembly line" appts. As to those: that's for routine adjustments only. You have bigger concerns you get a longer mid-day appt. I've never been kept waiting very long at all, usually not enough to finish the article in Outside, Nat Geographic etc. I highly recommend him to all.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2008

Good, kind person but... not a "great" chiropractor. Like the other comment, I also feel he is too conservative with his treatments. He will only adjust something if it has come out fully (doesn't do small mini-adjustments along spine). And he doesn't address soft tissue problems (don't even mention it) unless you really point it out to him or if it's really serious. He often says "ohh it's just a muscle not a bone." And his appointments are very very quick (on the order of 2 min. or less average). Much like an assembly line (he has 4 waiting rooms and he zips from one to the other). He is not a "bad" person by any stretch of imagination, but he's not the "best" chiropractor either (I don't think he's that gifted with his hands, to be honest...) I was also adjusted by a replacement (Andrea Martin) and it was clear to me that she IS a great chiropractor (really lined me up and made small adjustments throughout spine).

flag | Submitted October 1, 2008

Good chiropractor, but not the best I've been to see. He is quite conservative in his treatment, which makes me feel safe, but sometimes has to try several times to make an adjustment. Sometimes also seems to just do the same thing every time, without noticing new or different things until I bring them up. The *best* chiropractors I've had were actually the ones that Dr. Martin has brought in over the years to cover his practice while he is out of town. Another (unrelated) Dr. Andrea Martin, and another female doctor whose name I can't recall. He is smart though - they are located very far out of town so I couldn't feasibly switch to them.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008

Honest and helpful but keeps you waiting too long.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2007

Always friendly, knows what he is talking about, and always makes an extra effort to listen to the concerns of each of his patients.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2007