Ratings for Dr. Domingo E. Suatengco

Did not have a good experience . After a couple of visits and surgery I didnt need I was told to come back in a year. I found a new Dr. Who was surprised what I had been through and took care of my kidney stones. I do not recommend Dr.S and his staff is all over the place mess

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

Dr S is my husband's urologist. Ongoing kidney stone issues. Dr S has always been responsive to concerns and sat with me after a procedure explaining what was done and even diagramming the kidney for me.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Suatengco for over six years and he has been terrific. He is not chatty and warm, but knows his stuff and will answer questions directly. The nurses are angels, but the front desk staff can be distant. My quality of life is much improved because of him.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

I have been going to Dr. S. for the past two years and been treated for enlarged prostate, kidney stones and bladder stones. He took the time to explain the options for prostrate treatment and benefits of each.He is working with me through the kidney issues with surgery scheduled on short notice to resolve problems. I was able to get in on same day issues when needed with appropriate follow up actions. His bedside manner may not be the warmest, but he is knowledgeable and his staff, especially Bonnie is absolutely magnificent. Bottom line is if you want a urologist who knows his profession and can help you resolve your problems, Dr. S. is a good choice.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

tendency to overtreat and over diagnose. Is competent, knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2012

I unlike others actually think the staff is very condescending and even though not rude lacking bed side manners. Approach is too cold and unemotional. As far as the doctor, I agree with previous posters, he seems to always be in a hurry and spends a couple minutes with you and leaves to this office.Rubs you of as uncaring.I've had Kidney stones and wanted to ask questions about it, he left the room and I had to ask the nurse if I can see him again to ask the questions. Took a few minutes but she then took me to his office and it felt like I was sent to the principal's office. Doctor is very unapproachable. As far as his skills, I've had two kidney stones in the last 4 years, first one I passed naturally, the second one required surgery. He didn't find it and I was left with pain. I decided to finally change practice.New Dr went in, found the stone and removed it.I asked for pictures and I don't understand how can you miss a truck in the middle of the highway. very, very disappointed.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Suatengco when my GP was concerned about PSA levels. Diagnosed with early, confined, low-volume prostate cancer in April 2010, and Dr. Suagengco performed cryosurgery in August. I have had no complications and am doing very well in October. He is very matter-of-fact and a man of few words, which does not bother me because I don't need hand-holding or agonize over nuances when making treatment decisions. I did a lot of reading (I'm a librarian) and he clarified my understanding of this disease and its treatment as necessary when I was puzzled or mistaken. Staff is very good also. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

My son had a very serious condition and the Dr. recognized the condition and acted quickly. The procedure was done competently. No he isn't warm and fuzzy but he knew what he was doing and acted accordingly. I would recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

As stated by others the staff here is outstanding, very caring and efficient however the Dr did seem either very busy or distant, it gave the impression he didn't care which I think is not the case. Also my condition though helped with treatment keeps coming back and I was told there is nothing that can be done about that. That concerns me. I would recommend this Dr if only because of the caring staff.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2008

Dr. Domingo E. Suatengco's Credentials

• Univ Of Santo Tomas, Fac Of Med And Surg, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 1978)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal