Ratings for Dr. Manuel P. Fernandez

Very good experience so far following thyroid cancer. Very helpful and I always leave his office feeling good about the care I received.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

It's really tempting to switch to Kaiser just for this doctor alone. I've never know such a caring and talented physician as this. I too had been a patient of Dr. Fernandez and have yet to find a doctor that can diagnose and then fine tune the meds the way he does. Out of desperation,I recently contacted him with some referral questions and he took the time to contact me back. Very helpful! I got the feeling that he really believes in the work/studies he's part of at Kaiser, mentioned they could "help allot of people". I hope all you Kaiser patients realize how lucky you are.This is one doctor who really wants to make a difference in peoples lives and genuinely seems to love what it is he does.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

He was my endocrinologist since 1990, up until he moved over to Kaiser. NO one knows endocrinology like he does. I miss him dreadfully. Since he moved over to Kaiser I've been to 3 different endocrinologists and none is better than average. My TSH has flip flopped, I have osteomalacia as a result of one endocrinologist missing a clear sign on the blood test, my glucose is steadily rising.....my Vitamin D is barely showing up. And I feel lousy. I really, really miss him.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

Dr. Fernandez is an amazing endocrinologist. He works with you, listens to you, and makes you feel like you are not alone with your struggle. The one thing I like the most is he makes you truly feel that he is on your team. He uses the words "we" and "us" a lot, which helps you feel like you have a real force on your side. Hands down, he is the best endo I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

He is wonderful and up to date on all the newest studies. He's willing to try new treatments. I feel so blessed to have him as my Endocrinologist

flag | Submitted May 25, 2007

Dr. Fernandez was my dr for 10 years before moving to Kieser. He was wonderful--listened--took new tacks when necessary, always aware of latest studies, looked at the whole picture. I miss him!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2007