Ratings for Dr. Lezley P. McIlveen

We love Dr. Mac! She may be rushed at times, which may come off as "cold", but that goes along with having a busy Pediatric Dentistry practice. It in no way adversely affects her as a dentist. She is very knowledgeable about procedures, and has patience with anxious kids, and will try the sedation-free route first. -Which is a huge plus in my book. I have found her dental staff to always be friendly and helpful as well. Only thing I would improve is her reception staff. Every time we've gone, they rarely say 2 words to us, and will not OFFER to get you "checked out" after the appointment. -Schedule any future work/the next check up. Literally, they will ignore your presence until you interrupt them and ask. They are always on the phone, apparently too busy to notice people sitting in the waiting room. They need to be trained to 'check out' patients after their appts. Otherwise, Dr Mac is wondergul and highly recommended!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2012

We have used "Dr. Mac" for over twelve years and are very pleased with her and the practice. She has taken excellent care of my daughter's teeth and has been responsive to all questions and concernts. My husband also had an emergency treatment here, and was quite pleased. It's too bad that primarily disgruntled patients tend to post comments. If you are looking for a good pediatric dentist, you will not be disappointed.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

Like other posters have mentioned, Dr. McIlveen can be rushed at times, but this is her practice, which means she is the only pediatric dentist. Therefore, you cannot expect her to sit very long. She is quick efficient. If there is something the parent should be concerned with she'll certainly take the time to discuss, otherwise if we're talking about a six month cleaning, then that is a pretty routine visit, no? I've always felt that she's appreciated 'my time' as much as hers by being timely and efficient in her practice. I will say in defense of some posters on here, that maybe she needs to take a little more chatty time with the younger ones, but from my observation, most are to affixed to the movie playing during exams, oblivious to everything else. My recommendation to parents-ask your questions while she is examining your child-don't wait until afterwards-she is trained to multi-task.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Staff is excellent. "Dr. Mac" is condescending with parents, and completely unconcerned about making us wait. We will switch practices as soon as my kids are a bit older.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

Nice doc....seems rushed when speaking with kids and parents, but is competent dentist who knows her stuff. Happy with this practice and staff.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

Late appointments on several occasions. Hygienist staff great with kids (lots of patience). Dr. McIlveen is low on patience with kids. Dentist is not very interested in discussing issues with parents (or children), very rushed once seen.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

Dr. McIlveen is great! Always on time and very caring to her young patients!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2007