Ratings for Dr. Marc A. Zive

I had found this dentist through 1999implant.com. He started the process by extracting the two teeth and doing bone graft. six months later I returned for the implants and was told the bone grant did not take. he said I needed to see a periodontist to see if they could do another bone graft or a fixed bridge. THE REASON THE BONE GRAFT DID NOT TAKE WAS BECAUSE HE LEFT PART OF THE TOOTH AND ROOT IN which I found out could eat away at my jaw. I now have to go to a periodontist, spend more money to have this removed and start the process all over. I WOULD NOT RECOMMENT DR. ZIVE AT ALL TO ANYONE.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

worst dentist ever!! - had him do a Cerac bridge for a missing tooth. The bridge did not fit right from day one and went back multiple times for adjustments and because I had constant discomfort in my jaw because my bite was so messed up. Had sensitivity to hot and cold like I have never had before and he acted like I was annoying him because I kept insisting that there was something wrong. Gave me a 'on the house' fluoride treatment for the sensitivity and told me to use sensitivity toothpaste, AND charged me $100 for the adjustment visits. Turns out one of the teeth that he prepped for the bridge was infected and now needs a root canal, he couldn't even be bothered to take an x-ray to see what might be causing my symptons. Over $3000 for his services and now I have to have it all done again.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

I had to consult a attorney after my dealings with Dr. Zive. If you are harmed, consult an a dental malpractice attorney.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Horrible. Will never go back very rough and aggressive made the appointment to have a tooth extracted, which happened the same day. Numbed with novicane but that didn't help with the feeling he was breaking my jaw. He got mad several times walked away because my tongue was in the way. He yanked the tooth out but also took off a piece of my tongue. Had no sympathy towards the fact that I was in massive amounts of pain (I've had teeth pulled before and has never felt like this). His assistant had a unbelievable attitude with me. The only friendly person I dealt with was the girl at the desk. I would never recommend bringing anyone to Dr. Marc Zive, especially not children. Do a lot of research.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Needed an appointment right away do to pain in tooth. It was Sunday and I got in first thing Monday morning.Needed a root canal and crown. Everything was good except Novocaine wore off before tooth was put in and it hurt. I feel it's one of the most expensive dentists but if you want to get a root canal and crown in 2 hrs and have DEEP pockets you pay for the technology. It was amazing to watch my crown being machined on site but I would prefer to pay the average 1800.00 to 2000.00 and make the 2 visits. Dr. and staff were pleasant.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

this doctor is extremely rude uncaring Rough... people like him other reasons why I do not want to go to the dentist.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

This doc is efficient, precise and a perfectionist when it comes to dental treatment. This is THE place to go. The technology is amazing. Gentle and caring. Root canal and final crown completed in under 2 hours and I didn't feel any discomfort. GO SEE Dr. Zive.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

I made an appointment after seeing their new patient special advertised on their website. I asked the secretary about the special when making my appointment, to which she agreed on the pricing. I actually had a good experience at my appointment, the hygienist was nice. The secretary was out on the day of my appointment, so I dealt with the dentist on my way out. I again spoke with him about the new patient discount. He told me I could not use my supplementary insurance plan and get the special. I knew I would pay more out of pocket if I used my plan, so asked him not to charge my insurance. He told me not to worry, he would bill me. When I got my bill I saw he had charged me full price and had already billed my insurance. Assuming it was a mistake, I called to discuss the matter. The dentist was rude, harsh, uncaring, and in the end needs a refresher course in business ethics. I would not let a man who is this rough and abrasive touch my teeth ever again!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012

I don't like this guy. He was very rude and rough on me and i feel he cheated me and my family.It started off as a cleaning but then I got an x ray and he wanted to extract some of my teeth. He took my teeth out and it hurt. He never made my tooth numb with novicaine. After my mom argued with him he still charged us for the x ray and extractions. Very MEAN!!!!!!!!! Don't go to him.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Dr. Marc A. Zive's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Westfield, MA