Ratings for Dr. Randall L. Oliver

Worst ever just filling out needed forms for wheel chair patient that an 8 year old could have accomplished. Have gone round many times with his office as he refused to follow simple instructions from the wheel chair provider until he finally just left us with useless documentation which guaranteed Medicare would deny, which leaves my mother 100% stranded if her current powered wheel chair can't make it, until we find a competent doctor. This was a year of effort - apparently wasted time. GOOD LUCK if you use his services. I am relaying this for my mother who seems to think he was often helpful, though I believe he may have prescribed the Lipitor that gave her great pain until we got her off it. He paid no attention to what needed to be prescribed and documented for Medicare to cover a powered chair, despite repeated clear instructions from the provider. Now we may have to start a whole complex process all over again with a competent doctor. He seems to have plenty of time to become Mr. Weightlifter America but can't find 2 minutes to correctly write a correct description to help someone get a wheel chair they desperately need.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I saw him at the VA clinic and while I was trying to tell him about my pain, he interrupted me and asked me what happened to me when I was a kid. I said , "Excuse me?" He went on to explain because I am a woman, my real problem is some trauma I experienced in childhood. That all women claim to be in physical pain when they are really crazy not in actual pain. I am not making this up. Then he told me I'm not in any more pain than he is. He hadn't even looked at my X-rays yet. Then he prescribed me the minimum dose of a weak painkiller and said if it didn't help my pain (at that dose) I'm a drug addict. He is a horrible horrible doctor. He doesn't listen and he certainly doesn't care about his patients. I cannot believe he is allowed to practice medicine.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

this guy is a total jerk! he gives his opinion as if he doesn't believe you he will call you a liar. will not even look at your records as he thinks he is the pain god. stay away from him. he loves to expeirement and milk your insurance.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Dr . Oliver is AWESOME!!!! He took more time with me than ANY other Doc. He is SUPER INTELLIGENT and was like a Fortune Teller! PERFECT DIAGNOSIS!!! YEP, He's Blunt, But that's the way MORE of em outta be. I think the World of this Man!!! He SAVED ME!!!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr Oliver has been a life saver. His bedside manner does leave a bit to be desired until he gets to know you. If you go in his office hunting drugs, he'll make sure you leave hating him.if you are in pain, and you listen to him, he will help you. I was suicidal when I first met him, tired of hurting all the time. He saved me.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Was referred to Dr. Oliver for my migraines. Now I know to do my research first before going to a new doctor. From my experience with Dr. Oliver he was very rude, kept talking over me & bragged of how he was the best when it came to migraines & that he had a river in Egypt. Ok? I felt interrogated with questions that weren't relavent to my migraines, very personal stuff. He then decided I was depressed. & that because he sees a therapist everyone else should as well. He seemed overly energetic, eating, walking around, & when he finally did sit down he continued to fidget. That was all in my first visit. The second visit he decided to give me numbing injections in my neck & shoulders which at the time my insurance was still pending on covering the procedure. He was aware of this but decided to go ahead & do 4 injections off the record. His nurse who writes down everything on the computer, wrote that down & he had her erase it. He did not go into detail of the procedure, just said that it wouldn't hurt a bit. There was no monitor hooked up & I felt panicky & nervous from not knowing what to expect. After the injections my jaw went numb & for the next week & a half I was in pain from the injections & broke out in a rash all over my neck & shoulders. Where the injection spots were located were also swollen & red. My next visit I informed him of my reaction I had & that the injections didn't seem to make a difference. His whole mood then changed & he said that my pain was psychological & basically not real. He accused me of being a narcotic addict because due to my injections I had added pain, which he was aware the pain meds I was on weren't very effective for my pain to begin with. So by me being honest with him & telling him I took a few more than prescribed he immediately took me off the meds cold turkey. I was hoping by going to a pain clinic that I would have my pain managed & be able to live a quality of life. Did not expect my experience to turn out this way. The whole thing was a complete waste of time & I will not be seeing Dr. Oliver again. I have never written a review on a doctor before, but due to my experience with him I would not refer anyone to him. Very huge ego that is blatantly obvious.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

This doctor was rude! Told him I'm deathly afarad of needles,and I would not like his injections. He jump up and said there is nothing he can do for me. I got to see him for a hole 3 min(referred by my family doctor ) are u kidden me!!! I have two hurniated disks,broken ankle, heel and another little foot bone! Two screws that are killing me and I tell him I'm scared of needles and he doesn't try to tell me more about it just jumps up and says there's nothing he can do! Wth! Everything I've read here is true!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

been here a week took me off my meds been on five years under dose me some junk called him on it said he could see who he wanted to he is a punk skin head on roids total prick i ever meet in my whole life said he was just droping me couldnt help me lied said i didnt pick up medicine crazy nut i told him he lived up to all his bad reviews he was a punk steroid taking little i thought he would cry as he said leave or he would call the police so i told the whole waiting room to google his name so they would know what a piece o f3333 he is he need s to go back to ind where he belongs

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Worst Doctor ever, just a nasty person all I'm going to say. Would NEVER refer anyone EVER. My RATING is a negative -10

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

A sad pitiful excuse for a roid ragin littl e bald headed freakish looking oddball,well at least we know his meds. R not working for this little cretin from hell!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Dr. Randall L. Oliver's Credentials

• In Univ Sch Of Med, Indianapolis In 46202 (Grad. 1980)