Ratings for Dr. Joan T. Sasaki

I saw Dr. Sasaki for a consult and she referred me to another doctor indicating that the other doctor is essentially better at performing hysterectomies. Perplexing.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I have been with Dr. Sasaki for 10 years. She delivered my daughter 2 years ago and we are seeing her again for my current pregnancy. I had such a great experience with her the first time I travel over 1 hour to see her (we moved out of town). She is very helpful, kind and knowledgeable. She always answers my questions and is very honest and flexible in her response. She is an excellent doctor. I recommended her to a friend who also loved her.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr. S is amazing, her staff is average but as a doc best you can get!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

Dr. Sasaki was my OB for 11 years and delivered both of my children, but I had to find another doctor when I started having problems with irregular bleeding. She took 5-7 days to return phone calls when I had 31 days of bleeding. I had a 30-40 minute wait for a scheduled appointment and she had no advice other than wait and see what happens. I ended up deciding on my own to stop taking the birth control pills she put me on to regulate the bleeding and two days later the bleeding stopped. It was a disappointing experience to have the doctor that delivered my children be unhelpful and come across as uncaring.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

Dr. Sasaki delivered my daughter and I have to say she was a great ob/gyn. Granted that I had an easy pregnancy with no complications - Dr. Sasaki impressed me with 1. her acceptance of my mother and allowing my mother to "participate" in the birth and 2. her professionalism,knowledge and experience to make a proper decision and not let me know about the cord wrapped around my daughter since she knew that it was not an immediate danger and to not scare me during that sensitive time of labor. I would definitely recommend Dr. Sasaki to any expecting mother and apparently Dr. Sasaki is the ob/gyn of choice amongst the nurses in the delivery dept. at the hospitals she works at.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

Dr. Sasaki made me get a version two weeks before my son was due. I had no problems prior to the version. Afterward I was in extreme pain ALWAYS. She decided to induce. TWO days of labor later (without epidurals that actually worked), she decided I required a C-section. I BEGGED her to knock me out for it, she declined. I asked if the epidural she was now requesting for the surgery would work, she assured me it would. It DID NOT WORK. Delivering my son, I felt EVERY CUT of the surgery, I felt the VACUUM she had to use to detach my son from me (probably due to the bleeding from the version she insisted upon). It was like battlefield surgery, and as a result, I did not bond with my son for a very long time. I had nightmares about the delivery for YEARS. I still cannot bear to watch labor and delivery scenes on TV, let alone in person, and I never got pregnant again, even though we had initially wanted another baby. I would not see this doctor again if all the others were dead.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

Dr. Sasaki is very thorough and competent. She stays current on medical processes and procedures.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

Dr. Sasaki's front office staff was late back from lunch, and very unapologetic about it. The interaction with the Dr. for my annual pap was nothing special. My pap results showed up in the mail over 3 months later. Not impressed, won't be back. Dr. Bryan Tran had a much better bedside manner and office staff.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

Dr Sasaki was horrible to me she was rude at every visit. She forced me to get 4 gestational diabetes tests even though I passed all of them with no problem she keep telling me because I am heavy I would get gd. she got up and left half way through my last appointment and didn't say anything to me, I had to go search her out to ask if I was done. She also refused to consult with my endocrinologist she told me it was not her job to consult with my other doctors. It was a horrible experience thankfully I found a new doctor who is great to me

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

I have been with Dr Sasaki for 12 years she delivered all of my children. I have always found her very professional,caring and concientious. She has always been very warm and easy to talk to

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

Dr. Joan T. Sasaki's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)