Ratings for Dr. Laura Chan

After septoplasty turbinate reduction seems like it went well but after a year and half my nose curved inward too much. Not sure if too much cartilage was removed or if in some cases just happens. Perhaps better training and practices can help her next patients avoid this problem in the future.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

Dr. Chan performed a nasal procedure on our child, but gave us no helpful advice or information regarding the lengthy healing process that was to follow. Dr. Chan's comments made us think that everything was going to heal quickly and easily and that our child could even return to phys-ed class the day after the procedure. Wrong! It took 6 weeks for complete healing to take place, including a week of intense pain following the procedure! I had to call our family Dr. and pharmacists post-op for advice on after-care and what medications to give our child, etc. I also had to do my own reading about the procedure and healing post-op, and luckily found informative ENT websites, where I learned that a lengthy healing time was normal and that there are many do's and don't's post-op, which Dr. Chan never discussed with us or warned us about!!! It wouldn't be that difficult to include a paper or pamphlet with post-op advice (pain relief measures and medications, what to avoid doing, what to expect to come out of your nose, healing time, etc.)

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Love Dr. Chan!!!!!!!! Very personable and really takes an interest in her clients. Her receptionist is horrible. She never returns calls and when questioned about this gets defensive and tries to speak over you while defending her actions.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Dr. Laura Chan is awesome Doctor. She is very knowledgeable, kind, sweet, and answered all my questions. Definitely recommend her. We love her very much. Thank you Dr. Chan

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

After years of my daughter struggling with ear problems we switched to Dr Chan. She has been nothing less than stellar, informative and helpful to the point where we no longer need to see her! An incredible Doctor and a credit to her field!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I would recommend Dr. CHAN for any procedure you need done. 100% satisfied in her and her surgery team. Her receptionist, however, is useless in all senses of the word. Phone calls never returned, work notes incorrect, return to work note never received after emails and many phone messages and conversations.....need a new receptionist...one that can handle and do the job!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

seems very informative and does great work with rhinoplasty/septoplasty but hard to get ahold of with staff who never answer the phone. also was in waiting room for 30 minutes before i said something because staff forgot to give me papers to fill out. Maybe need a new front desk person.......

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

A delightful doctor with great bedside manner. Very upfront and uses language a patient understands. Answers all questions and doesn't rush with her exam. Did biopsy and told me she will call me with results. Punctual!! Would highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

I was never actually able to meet Dr Chan. I was referred to her by my family doctor. Dr Chan's staff did not answer the phone and did not return calls from my doctor in order to receive my file towards making an appointment for me. I dropped into her office and asked her assistant if she had yet received my file. When she said no I called my doctors office right there and put the two office assistants in direct contact. Dr Chan's assistant assured me she would follow up Monday. My doctor said they never heard from her despite further attempts. I called Dr Chan's office subsequently myself to see if an appointment could be made. There was no answer and no return of my message seeking assistance. My doctor was exasperated and immediately made me an appointment with another specialist who responded right away and an appointment was set for two weeks hence. Dr Chan may be a great doctor (I'll never know) but her support staff is totally disorganized and unhelpful. She must have too much business and does not care to help new patients. I understood she was totally booked for the next 4+ months and I would not like to leave my condition that long without a consultation. This was a very disappointing experience.

Submitted April 26, 2016

Dr Chan is efficient and knowledgeable, she has a lovely attitude and has done an amazing job with my septoplasty. I felt her team was excellent. I have spoken with many people since and everyone feels the same.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016