Ratings for Dr. April L. Johnson

First I would like to start by stating I am an experienced nurse. While I may not be a labor and delivery RN I have over 6 years of nursing education and when I ask a question concerning my care it is a valid well-researched question. This was the case when I went to see Dr Johnson in the practice's office and she was assigned to see ob patients. As soon as she walked in she seemed rushed and like she didn't have time for me. I asked a question and she gave little to no information just brushed off my question and concerns. She has no bedside manner and if she is knowledgable her approach and attitude overshadows it. I have requested to never see her as a patient again because I don't feel her quality of care is adequate or safe.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Awful bedside manner. She rushed through my appointment and seemed annoyed to answer any of my questions. Won't be seeing her again!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

THE worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever seen. I was worked in to be seen by her and you could tell I was a "bother". She didn't even take the time to introduce herself to me at all. I told her my problems and she immediately offered a hysterectomy. Being barely 30, that is not the option I wanted to hear, muchless the option before she even examined me. I made a follow up appointment with her, but cancelled. Dr. Johnson is rude, seems rushed in her activities, and the procedure done on me was physically painful and shouldn't have been. I have since found a much better gynecologist. Do not waste your time with Dr. Johnson. Also, if you are even a TINY bit overweight and you go to her for a diagnosis- she will tell you it is because you are overweight. I've talked to 3 others she gave the same excuse to.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

OMG I READ THE POOR RATINGS CANT BELIEVE IT I LOVE DR. JOHNSON SHE HAS BEEN WONDERFUL TO ME VERY KNOWLEGABLE AND CARING.HAS SPENT "LENGHTY" TIME WITH ME. BEING A PROFESSIONAL MYSELF I COULD SEE THAT IT WAS GENUINE. TKS DR. JOHNSON.SCS

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

flag | Submitted July 9, 2011

She rushes her patients and comes across as uncaring and condescending. Her bedside manner borders on rude and she seems to dislike working with the public. Her medical expertise may be good but it is overshadowed by her horrible demeanor and personality.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Not very happy with Dr. Johnson. She came in to see me and was hurried the entire time. Made me feel uncomfortable from the second she walked in, didnt even shake my hand and properly introduce herself. I felt like she was just wanting to get rid of me and move on to the rest of her day since she started late. I am sure she is knowledgeable but unfortunately she didnt take the time to show that to me which is why i rated her in the middle for that area. I requested to not be seen by her again.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

She was very patient with me, took time to listen, and was gentle. She put me at ease.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2007

Dr. April L. Johnson's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

AARP