Ratings for Dr. Lori S. Smetana

Dr. Smetana was terrific to me while pregnant with my son. She really listened to me. I highly recommend her. When the midlevel found a breast lump at one of my yearly check ups, she immediately brought Dr. Smetana into the room. I have received top notch care from Dr. Smetana and her staff.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I was treated poorly by her staff and called a liability because I had missed making some appts in the middle of my pregnancy for financial reasons, and because I refused a 3 hour GTT because they make me too sick and decided to check my blood sugar at home instead (an option they had presented to me). I felt like they implied I didn't care about my son's wellbeing and they told me at 36 weeks I should find a new doctor. After I upset them by refusing the GTT, the started making or cancelling appts without telling me. I was a wreck. Going to see a new MD now like they wanted and it is a relief. All patients deserve to be treated with respect and communication. I asked to speak with Dr. Smetana during the week these things were happening, and she would not get back to me but they told me she said she would prefer I go elsewhere and they couldn't let me make my own appointments. I never lied to them but they treated me like I would. I think most people would have a better experience.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

By far Dr. Smentana is the BEST Dr. I have ever had.. She is very caring and will sit and talk to you about what ever it is that is bothing you. She is up front about things. She is the best No Questions asked. I am blest to have her in my life.. Thank you Dr. Smentana for being apart of my life..

flag | Submitted February 13, 2012

Best staff ever and I would always recommend this office to anyone. Friendly, helpful, prepared with either personal or professional when they see me on the street or in the office!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

She won't see you for a routine visit, so I never see her-I see her nurse. One time when I did see her to ask about fertility options with my husband, she was very rude, completely ignoring my husband sitting in the room-wouldn't even look at him. She offered no help, just told me I was too old (42 at the time). Another time I saw her was to talk about fibroid embolization. She told me my only option was to have a hysterectomy and acted like she had never heard of embolization. I found another doctor and had the procedure with no complications and completely cured my problems-without having to yank out my uterus!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Smetana is the BEST doctor I have ever had! She delivered both of my children, and I could not have asked for a more qualified and caring doctor! Dr. Smetana and her staff are very helpful and I am very pleased I choose her when I moved to Washington! She is the very best without a doubt!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2008

You can't go wrong with her. She is a wonderful and caring person. I've never met a doctor with such a great bedside manor. She will make you feel at ease when not everything is perfect and do everything she can to help you have a successful pregnancy.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2008

Dr. Smetana is wonderful. She treats me more like a friend than a patient. She is always freindly and spends as much time with me as I need. Answers all my questions and is empathetic. I had two c-sections that went very well.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2007

She was the best doctor I've ever had! She would sit and listen as long as itt ook to answer all of my questions about my pregnancy. She also gave honest opinions about the use of an epidural, getting a tubal ligation, etc. She was usually on time; however, if she had to go to a delivery or was going to run over 15 minutes, the staff would let you know. They gave you an option of waiting on her or rescheduling at your convenience.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2007

Dr Smetana is simply the best. She listens to your concerns and talks you through different treatment options or plans. She is upfront, honest, and so caring. Until she retires, Ill never go to another dr. She and her staff are wonderful!!!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2007

Dr. Lori S. Smetana's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)