You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Nam Nguyen

I had to have a lumpectomy done on my breast and of course was very apprehensive about the procedure and side effects. Dr. Nguyen patiently answered all of my questions. I found Dr. Nguyen's bedside manner prior to and during my procedure to be surprisingly wonderful despite all of the negative things you hear about surgeons and their bedside manner. I would definitely choose Dr. Nguyen should I require another surgical procedure!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr. Nguyen has a great sense of humour which helped alleviate the stress of my appointment with him and subsequent procedures. He is very punctual - he was early for my appointment with him and right on time for my subsequent procedure - very impressive for a busy specialist. Dr. Nguyen's office is comfortable and non-intimidating. His staff was wonderful to me - I was impressed with their professionalism and efficiency.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

The most unprofessional staff I have ever seen in my life in any office. I have watched them speak to patients in such a rude manner especially the Asian receptionist. Dr. Nguyen has a great bed side manner and great sense of humour - not sure why he would continue to have staff like that work in his office.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

All doctors have bad days. Unfortunately for my mom, Dr. Nguyen sliced her liver during a laparoscopic gall bladder surgery. Two days later, he had to cut her open from breast to pelvis to try to find a leak, which he never found. No answers were given, not even a guess, as to what was wrong...then he left for vacation. The surgeons who saw her in the hospital afterwards were very helpful and gave us their professional opinions...that her liver was leaking from the first surgery. All we wanted was an opinion....Dr. Allardyce is excellent and was extremely proactive and attentive during my mom's recovery. Sadly, the first surgery was botched and the second was inconclusive yet very invasive. If it wasn't for Allardyce telling us what he thinks happened (liver) we still wouldn't know as Nyguen had no idea and he was the one who did both surgeries. He hasn't called to check on her since the second surgery...and although she is now under Allardyce's care, he should still reach out to her. Had his after care been better, I wouldn't have written this review.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

All doctors have bad days. Unfortunately for my mom, Dr. Nguyen sliced my her liver during a laparoscopic gall bladder surgery. Two days later, he had to cut her open from breast to pelvis to try to find a leak, which he never found. No answers were given, not even a guess, as to what was wrong...then he left for vacation. The surgeons who saw her in the hospital afterwards were very helpful and gave us their professional opinions...that her liver was leaking from the first surgery. All we wanted was an opinion....Dr. Allardyce is excellent and was extremely proactive and attentive during my mom's recovery. Sadly, the first surgery was botched and the second was inconclusive yet very invasive. If it wasn't for Allardyce telling us what he thinks happened (liver) we still wouldn't know as Nyguen had no idea and he was the one who did both surgeries.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

Dr. Nguyen is a brilliant life saving surgeon. He performed my Sleeve Gastrectomy on me late last year. From my first consultation he treated me with dignity and respect and took his time to answer all my questions thoroughly. His sense of humour helped me feel relaxed . I felt so confident in his knowledge and skills that I had no fear going into the operating room. I have already recommended a couple of friends to get a referral to see him. His office staff have always been very pleasant and helpful with any of my concerns. Dr. Nguyen is the very best!!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I recently had Dr. Nguyen perform a Sleeve Gastrectomy on me and I've had fantastic experiences with him. He makes you feel completely at ease and comfortable (as comfortable as can be going into surgeey) and I highly recommend him to anyone seeking out bariatric surgery!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

Did my hernia repair. Gave excellent care. No post op pain or complications. I was able to go for a 6 kilometer hike the next day. Is always pleasant and respectful.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Dr Nam gave me hope by performing bariatric surgery on me. His office staff was so helpful, recognizing we were travelling to Richmond from Vcr Island. Appointments, tests, lab work were all coordinated in such a way that the procedures could be completed in a timely fashion prior to the surgery. Dr Nam was patient in addressing all questions and concerns. He was there to greet me as I was being prepped, he introduced his surgical team and reassured me each step of the way. Post surgery, He visited each day and his residents were there twice a day! I was never afraid - Dr Nam Instilled a feeling of confidence in me. I was told by his residents and nursing staff that he is a highly technical and proficient surgeon....I would have to agree! As a result of being an excellent surgeon, Dr Nam's office is extremely busy and sometimes crowded. The two girls on the reception desk are amazing at keeping order and flow. Wendy threw in a hug when she saw how excited I was to get the surgery date

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

Dr Nguyen is such an awesome, amazing & wonderful doctor! I had him fix a GIANT hernia that previously another doctor had tried fixing but failed. But he was so talented and here 3 years after and I'm still doing well. He also performed weight loss surgery and I've lost over 100 pounds. He's always seemed happy to see me and is always in a good mood. He never rushes our appointments or makes my questions/concerns seem dumb. HE'S THE BEST DOCTOR!! *I agree with other reviews though- the receptionists are not nice to deal with.*.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

Dr. Nam Nguyen's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had to have a lumpectomy done on my breast and of course was very apprehensive about the procedure and side effects. Dr. Nguyen patiently answered all of my ..."

April 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Nguyen has a great sense of humour which helped alleviate the stress of my appointment with him and subsequent procedures. He is very punctual - he was earl..."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "The most unprofessional staff I have ever seen in my life in any office. I have watched them speak to patients in such a rude manner especially the Asian recep..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "All doctors have bad days. Unfortunately for my mom, Dr. Nguyen sliced her liver during a laparoscopic gall bladder surgery. Two days later, he had to cut her o..."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "All doctors have bad days. Unfortunately for my mom, Dr. Nguyen sliced my her liver during a laparoscopic gall bladder surgery. Two days later, he had to cut he..."

August 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Nguyen is a brilliant life saving surgeon. He performed my Sleeve Gastrectomy on me late last year. From my first consultation he treated me with dignity a..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I recently had Dr. Nguyen perform a Sleeve Gastrectomy on me and I've had fantastic experiences with him. He makes you feel completely at ease and comfortable ..."

January 24, 2015