Ratings for Dr. D. Carol Lyle

I also was a long time patient of Dr Lyle. However, her abrupt departure was announced with a form letter directing me to send for my records. I did, but no one sent them. I am really disgusted as I need my records. If anyone has figured out how to get their records, I would certainly like to know.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

I, too, had a medical emergency (pulmonary embolism) and she completely ignored my calls for help. I was in the emergency room twice and then admitted to the hospital with an embolus the size of a pencil eraser and she did nothing to follow up on me, help me with my follow up care. NOTHING. Now I can't even get my records which I desperately need for my new doctor. The only communication I received from their office was to pay a bill that they had filed with my insurance and were trying to get paid. that is all they were interested in. The ER physician said I was lucky to have come in when I did and could have died. Thanks, Dr. Lyle! I checked the Texas Medical Board website and they list her address in Rockwall. Hopefully she will respond to my request for records this second time.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010

Like earlier reviewers, I was a longtime patient of Dr. Lyle. Over 25 years, in fact. From 2008 through summer of 2009 I grew disappointed in her methods...three phone calls unreturned...and showing up for an appointment to find the door locked with a "leave of absence" notice on the door. In November of '09 I got a form letter from her saying she was closing her practice and that I should find a new doctor. I did so, and in mid December I sent a letter to Dr. Lyle telling her where to send my medical records. As of Jan. 27, 2010, those medical records have not arrived at my new doctor, and the phones at Dr. Lyle's office go unanswered.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

i called their office and the secretary told me dr. lyle is on sabbatical, she may retire soon, but dr. lyle is still deciding on that.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009

I used to give Dr. Lyle high marks on my reviews of her. However, I am left with lab bills that she ordered and she has never given me any of the results of these labs. I have been calling for over a month - message used to say that Doctor Lyle will be out for several weeks, then a message that "mailbox is full", and now, the phone has been disconnected. Extremely unprofessional - and I am concerned about how to even obtain my medical records to go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

Dr Lyle has vanished. No notification to patients. No way to get perscriptions filled...this is a terrible way to treat patients. My new Dr has no way to get my records. Does anyone know what happened. The phone has now been disconnected.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Lyle for many, many years. Until this year, she has been an extremely competent and communicative doctor. This year HOWEVER, things have changed considerably. I have been billed for services over two years old, and lately, there is no answer when I call. For months there has been a message that "the doctor will be out for several more weeks - please find another doctor" and today I find that there isn't even an outgoing message any longer. I am stuck paying bills on labwork that she has never provided me results for. It's sort of like she just "quit" her profession.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Dr. Lyle is a very competent physician, but last year she disappeared for a month without giving any notice. The phones were jammed with unchecked messages, and we had no way of contacting her office. During this time we had a medical emergency and were forced to find a new doctor, and to go without our medical records.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Lyle's since 1982. Dr.Lyle is one of the most caring and comforting people I have every met in my life. Over the years she has provided me with great health care and has referred me to at least 2 specialist that are great Dr's as well. Vicki is an excellent nurse and is just an overall wonderful, caring person. I have referred several friends to Dr. Lyle over the years and I don't know what I will do when the day comes that Dr. Lyle retires.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Lyle for many years, and could not have asked for a better general physician. Her staff and nurse are incredible, caring people just like Dr. Lyle and I have recommended many people to her who feel the same way. Most of all her and her nurse have worked side-by-side for over 20 years and their well-rounded knowledge is awesome.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2009

Dr. D. Carol Lyle's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1969)

Commercial Insurance Company