Ratings for Dr. Walter N. Gaman

Went in for a simple physical, a few weeks later I got a bill for $600 that included some sort of testosterone testing and a bunch of lab work that my insurance company rejected. Then 2 weeks later I got another bill for an additional $150 that said I had a psych evaluation and something about alcohol missuse, my insurance also does not cover this sort of thing but he attempted the billing so it's falling on me once again since it was rejected. I went in for a simple physical, nothing else. Gaman is outright dishonestly billing insurance companies for strange and unnecessary tests, and when they won't pay, you're stuck with the bill. If you want quality care, and an honest doctor, STAY AWAY FROM DR. WALTER GAMAN AND HEALTHCARE ASSOCIATES IN LAS COLINAS, TX.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Don't waste your time looking further. He's one of the good ones. His staff has excellent communication as well.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Went there for our (myself and my wife) annual physical. He didn't even touch my head or eyes or hand or my legs..nothing .Forget about doing basic neuropathy tests or asking about history..nothing. Regretting every moment that I chose this dr. On top of that...their patient portal system doesn't work and they wont send my test records. I called one of the staffs and she referred me to medical record section...you know where she referred me?? I ended up leaving voice mail in hearing lab...:). So strongly suggest to look for an option.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

the only thing is that his nurse wont fax me or my coach my physical

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

I had been going to Dr Gaman several times for ear pain.He would just give you a presript for steroid or a shot.He bragged on himself quite often and said he sees double patients than his colleagues. I heard him through the wall one time when he had a patient that he is never wrong.He is very arrogant and uncaring.He is so ready to send for xrays & bloodtests that don't show the problem. Then he says there is nothing wrong with you and you leave feeling worse. He rushes patients in and out like cattle. He will only see you for one issue at a time and says to make another appointment. I think he is building on his retirement instead of taking care of patients properly.His billing department is terrible, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I will never go back to him again. He comes from Canada and he treats his patient like they do in Canada!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

My mother needed critical care attention that was out of his scope of practice and instead of sending her to the emergency room he refused to provide her with a specialist consult and told her he could treat her himself.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

Not only did I feel a bit rushed, Dr. Gaman is so quick to jump to a diagnosis. He typically blamed my medication or did some blood work. On one occasion, I saw him for my excessive thirst. My blood work results were unusual, but he just left it at that. Didn't help me try to figure it out after that! His office was absolutely awful to me on the last day I saw them. They were supposed to fax test results to another doctor of mine, but they didn't. When I asked them to fax it to my other doctor (I gave her his business card and everything) she sighed, rolled her eyes, and walked off. No exaggeration. In the end, she didn't even do it. I got a lame excuse instead. This is something I've been do doing for over 8 years with no issues until I saw Dr. Gaman. He didn't coordinate - or help me coordinate - anything between my other doctors.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2010

Good doctor, knowledgeable/helpful, but staff lost 2 years of my previous medical records without even an "I'm sorry". Worried about current records security.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2009

Any sickness was directly linked to my overweight condition and prescribed a one page low fat diet.My overall health worsened. Switched doctors and my overall health improved. Elderly Parents visited him once a month, with strange comments made during visits. Comments ranged from giving American patients amounts of water to drink in metric amounts only to comments outside the range of his profession, yet stated as fact. Elderly parents have a new doctor, and have imroved health.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I love this doctor! I finally found someone who listened and solved my problem. I am switching my whole family to him!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2008

Dr. Walter N. Gaman's Credentials

• Univ Of Manitoba, Fac Of Med, Winnipeg, Man, Canada (Grad. 1975)