Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Kirkpatrick

Dr. Kirkpatrick spent a long time with me listening to my concerns and discussing treatment options. He really wanted me to be educated on the risks associated with treatment options. He went over MRI results line by line explaining the significance or insignificance of the various points. He also did an exam of my injury and carefully read past medical reports I provided him. I left his office feeling educated on my diagnosis and treatment options.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr Kirkpatric!!! I am not only a patient of his but i am also nurse that takes care of his patients, and he has the best bedside bedside manor

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

I have had 4 separate surgeries (total of 7 trigger-finger releases) via Dr. Kirkpatrick; spend about $20,000(total), & nothing but FANTASTIC things to say about this man! Once he knows the patient (during the initial interview), he doesn't waste time,-and is very professional! Just because he is "no-nonsense" & very "factual" when speaking to you, doesn't mean he is not caring - NOR inept! Sounds like some folks (see previous reviews) need all that "pampering" to make them feel like they are someone! Always punctual, knowledgeable & friendly - I consider Dr."K" the premier orthopedic surgeon in the Norman area.I WILL NOT go to someone else, as his care & the efficiency of his staff is unparalleled. As a Veteran, I have had many surgeries & many doctors. He is by far the best I've encountered!I have referred many friends/coworkers to him,-all with the same fantastic results! Whiners can go elsewhere & same room in his waiting-area for those whom want performance- over "pampering"!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

Saw this Dr. for in network surgery of college son living out of state. Son had two orthopedic diagnosis and X-rays delivered to this Dr. prior to visit. To our surprise Dr. did a physical exam of injured site palpitating or pressing on injured site with his fingers on foot and then diagnosed new different problem- a bone spur. When asked if he would do additional new X-rays, Dr. said "we operate on people not X-rays". We accepted his diagnosis and let him do surgery. After several months of healing following prescribed plan foot healed but original problem came back. Son went to a new orthopedic surgeon who again diagnosed the original problem with new X-rays and did another surgery in which Dr. found necrotic or dead bone and fixed the injury. Now a year later son is 100%. This Dr. used guess work and not data to do an un-needed surgery.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

So far not impressed. Saw PA for 1st appt after breaking my arm. Maybe spent 3 mins with me? Told classic ulna facture, no x-ray other than 5 day old ones I brought along. No instructions given, no info. Never had a broken bone before. 2nd visit, new x-ray and when shown, even I could see break had gotten worse. Dr says.. oh not that bad, but if it moves more, surgery. I can see the bump from the outside of my arm!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

He is both a kind person and skilled surgeon. Would not recommend anyone else for orthopedic care.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

Since I spent thousands of dollars on a surgery and got no result I can't reccomend this doctor at all. I spent a total of about 5 minutes in his presence, and he didn't even recognize me after surgery during the followup. He displayed a very cavalier attitude about my injured foot, and wouldn't talk to me about the post op care. Instead, he sent in his PA. He is definitely an assembly line doctor who seems to care more about filling his pocket book than actually healing patients.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

Just had a hip replacement about three weeks ago, Dr. Kirkpatrick and his Assistant Travis were the best doctors I ever had. His staff at the hospital were all very helpful. I am having my other hip done soon and plan on having Dr. Kirkpatrick and his team doing it. I have nothing but good things to say about this doctor. He is one of the best if not the best for his work done to my hip. Thanks you so much Dr. Kirkpatrick for fixing my pain that I have been living with for the past two years.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

If you don't mind assembly line doctoring--go here. Showed me the xray,said I needed total knee replacement, touched my knee, said he would cut my knee from here to here, asked if I wanted to go ahead with the surgery and sent in the appointment girl. Gave me the run around regarding the pain meds and when the PA finally answered my request, his math skills were lacking--amount of meds were 6 days short from my surgery date. I tried to explain he wasn't giving me the proper amount he informed me I could seek another caregiver--which I am in the process of obtaining. Not only were the pain meds short but I was expected to go off my Celebrex 10 days before surgery. The surgery hospital offers a program that takes the patient through the whole process--surgery, recovery, therapy , what to expect, etc. I was never informed by the doctor was supposed to supply the information--the hospital called and offered the information. Guess people are still just #'s & $$$$$!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2010

I rated as i did because i have never seen the doctor within 30 minutes of my scheduled appointment time and have seen him personally less than 10 minutes total in 4 visits. I'm still seeing the doctor and on my last appointment he examined the wrong extremity. My left wrist is injured, he went for the right. On my 2nd visit he told me I tore my tfcc ligament and cartilage surrounding. On my last visit he seemed to have no recollection of his previous diagnosis. If you're on work comp, he's a bad choice in my opinion, because he seems to not want to do anything but let the injuries run their course and keep getting paid for nothing!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

Dr. Richard A. Kirkpatrick's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal