Ratings for Dr. Heather L. Johnson

I have been seeing Dr. Johnson for years and am finally fed up with the lack of communication and follow up from her and her office. It takes far too long to get responses from her or her staff, and they are not good at communicating next steps. My sister had the same issues with the office when she went there as well.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Dr. Heather Johnson was amazing. We are a same sex couple and she treated us with such dignity and respect. She has an excellent bed side manor. Dr. Johnson was head of her academic dept before going into private practice. She delivered our son via c-section on12Apr12. She did a wonderful job with the insicion and I felt wonderful just days after the surgery. Truly a wonderful, thoughtful, knowledgeable, and caring ObGyn!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2012

Has the bedside manner of a drill sargeant. Perhaps capable, but disinterested the the overall well-being of the patient. Staff kept me waiting for 1 hour because the person before me was late. Not worth the wait. Avoid this office at all costs.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

Dr Johnson is great, but it's impossible to get an appointment,any records, call backs. Switched Dr!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Johnson for years. I followed her to this practice from another group she was with. I think she is terrific. She communicates clearly and is very up on current medical issues and recommendations. The staff is courteous and helpful. As another poster said, if you need a lot of hand holding, she is probably not a good fit for you, but if you want a very smart, very competent ob/gyn who has a good staff, I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

I have HAD it with this office. It takes 2-3 months to get in for your annual. My appt fell the day after we had about 2" of snow -- the office didn't bother to open or call me to let me know. I can't get in until APRIL now. I needed a refill on birth control, which I planned to talk to my doctor about at my visit, so I called the office to call in a refill. They didn't bother to call it in after I spoke with someone at least two times and b/c today is Saturday, the Dr. on call (a woman named Jackson) won't call it in. She was extremely rude. I mean, lady, you are the one who chose a field where you take call, so don't be such a total witch to people your colleagues left hanging. Avoid Reiter, Hill, and Johnson in DC, Chevy Chase, or Falls Church!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2011

I received an IUD from her 3 months ago. I made a phone call saying I was having some side effects and was basically blown off and told to come back 3 months later (wait and see). I went to another Dr. today and was told I have a polyp on my uterus. I will not return!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

Dr. Johnson can at first come across as cold and uncaring, however, once you get to know her she is amazing. If you need someone to pat you on your back and tell you what you want to hear, she is not for you. If you want someone who is direct, honest, and truthful, then she is perfect. She performed my C-section last month and I am very pleased with the end result!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

I had a bad experience with delivery with Dr. Johnson and still wonder if my baby is OK. Would never return to her or the practice.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

I have decided to leave Dr. Johson's practice after 6 years. I had my first, and only, appointment with Dr. Johnson 6 years ago. I liked her, found her personable and knowledgeable. the problem is that she is always booked 3-4 months out, so I always ended up seeing nurse practitioners or other doctors for my annual chekups. that was fine for standard care, but as soon as I needed some more personalized attention it became frustrating. When I decided to get pregnant, I had a neonatal consultation- the doctor didn't address my PCOS and gave me standard advice - said to try for 5 months and then see a fertility specialist. Which I did. 12 months later, still TTC, I am learning that there is so much more I could have done to deal with PCOS-related fertility - like nutrition, natural treatments to balance hormones etc... I feel this practice is too impersonal, and I always have to wait at least 30 min. I don't recommend it.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2010

Dr. Heather L. Johnson's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal