Ratings for Dr. Michael Herzog

I was misdiagnosed by this doctor at the age of 22 with prostatitis and given 2 months of antibiotics and medications for the treatment of bph in older men. One of the bph medications was called rapaflo and caused an excruciating amount of pain. Even worse I was given a prostate massage so hard that I felt a sharp pain from the tip of my p***s to where he was pressing almost like a fingernail being pressed down extremely hard. After the prostate massage I have never ejaculated the same and I still have noticeable discomfort from it. After his misdiagnosis and damaging my urethra the doctor had no interest or curiosity as to what may have gone wrong on his end. All of this happened about 4 years ago and I just feel it's necessary for any other young men being referred to this doctor to explore other options. The man is very short with you and very quick to judge without looking at the big picture. I was young and naive and I thought all doctors knew everything. Find another doctor.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

My wife and I are trying to conceive and we were referred to Dr. Herzog by my wife's OB/GYN and I was disappointed with his clear attempt to schedule multiple and unnecessary office visits. After my first visit, Dr. Herzog ordered a number of routine tests and required a follow up office visit to go over the results. I requested to find out the results over the phone and they said it was against their policy which I later found to be considered fraudulent and excessive. Having waited for the doctor for nearly 45 minutes for our "follow up appointment" we spoke for 2 minutes and he explained that my test results were fine. He then requested that we schedule a follow up appointment in 3 months. I had no idea why he needed me to follow up in 3 months after my test results were fine. I realized that it was yet another attempt to schedule an unnecessary appointment and collect his $50 copay. I cancelled that appointment and would warn anyone of his office's policies.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

I waited for over 2 hours to see Dr. Herzog for merely 15 minutes, his nurse practitioner barely speaks English and is very abrupt with no bedside manner what-so-ever. Additionally, his billing department was disrespectful and threatening when there was a mix up between my insurance company and the department; a woman named Cindy called and left me several threatening voice mails while I was in the process of trying to sort the problem out with Blue Cross/Blue Shield. And lastly, Dr. Herzog can be heard verbally recording information about each patient as he finishing each encounter from any patient room in the office. I heard personal details/health history about every patient he had seen before me. I considered this extremely unprofessional and disrespectful to said patients, as well as a complete violation of HIPAA. I would NOT recommend Dr. Herzog to a friend or family member.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2011

Dr. Michael Herzog's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1996)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Orland Park, IL