Ratings for Dr. Paul D. Maitino

Just don't. Bad experience a few years ago and after going back to give him another try it is even worse. Horrible bedside manner, super cocky. I do not care how good a surgeon you are; treating patients poorly is not ok. Will not go back. Agree with another comment in saying that there are just "way too many fish in the sea" meaning orthopedic doctors in Oklahoma City to put up with poor quality care here. Do not waste your time.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

His office staff has really gone downhill since his office manager Cristy left. In my opinion she is what made this office great, just not the same since. Dr. Maitino is overly confident and although he is a great surgeon, he has no idea how to treat people. I will not go back to this office. There are too many orthopedic surgeons in the city for me to be treated poorly here.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Very friendly reception & staff. Always courteous and respectful and treats you as so. I must say, Dr Maitino is superb, friendly easy to communicate with, knowledgeable and understands your concerns and addressing them properly.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

My experience with Dr.Maitino & Hillary was wonderful. They answered all my questions & helped me in any way they could. They also made me very comfortable I THINK DR.MATINA &:Dr.HILLARY ARE THE BRST

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

This man is unethical!!!! He did a contraindicated surgery on my friend, not once, but TWICE! She thought it was her fault, why she had such bad outcomes, but with several second opinions, we found she should have never had that surgery in the first place! Please avoid this man! Do your research, be educated before you go under the knife, always check their training!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

Dr. Maitino is amazing. He has had the same nurse Chrissy for over 8 years and she is his right hand for everything. He did both of my hip replacements and gave me my life back. If you need your hand held, need to be cuddled or soothed at your doctors appointments this is not the place. BUT, if you want the best surgeon, honesty and genuine overall excellent medical care, this is your place. I will always recommend him & his wonderful nurse Chrissy to any and everyone I know!!!!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

After years of hip pain and a deteriorating left leg, it was determined that I had severe hip joint deterioration due to arthritis. I sought the most minimally invasive procedure so as to regain leg strength and the ability to play golf and participate in other exercise. I found Dr. Maitino, asked a lot of questions of him and others about him and proceeded with a replacement on 11/10/2012. I walked without arthritis pain that afternoon, did in home rehab and hit golf balls in December without any pain. I played 18 holes twice in January and had no problem whatsoever. At some point my right hip will have to be replaced, and Dr. Maitino will perform the procedure. He handles about 400 cases per year and has greater capacity. I could not have asked for a better experience. No muscles are cut... in fact there is an incision, everything is parted and he removes the diseased ball and socket, replacing mine with a ceramic Stryker Accord II. I wish I had done the surgery years ago.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

I had an anterior hip replacement March 2012. I was in such pain, that I never believed I would be able to lead a normal pain free life. Dr. Matino gave me back my life and 1 1/2 years later, I am running! I have seen a lot of comments here about Dr. Matino being arrogant...etc. That is not really the case. He does not baby you and is very direct and tells you the bottom line. A lot of patients cannot take total directness and honesty. I thank Dr. Matino very much for not cuddling me and babying me. He was very direct and told me we were going to try different options before the last option..surgery. He did not jump on the almighty dollar. I was under his care for approximately 2 years and when I relocated, he told me to make sure to contact him when I found a new ortho surgeon because HE wanted to make sure the doctor was a good one to continue my care. If that is not caring, I don't know what is. Maybe you don't deserve to be his patient.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

Dr. Paul D. Maitino's Credentials

• University Of New England, College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1992)