Ratings for Dr. David Sheps

Great doctor with great beside manner. Took the time to explain the procedure and recovery steps.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Great doctor, should take more time to explain things other than that, I had a very good experience with my broken wrist.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Sheps repaired my rotator cuff (supraspinatus) in July 2016. This was a private procedure and I feel very fortunate to have received care from Dr. Sheps. I am always a bit of a skeptic when it comes to doctors and surgeons just due to negative experiences in the past involving family members on various types of surgeries. I was worried going into this at first. Private surgery is a large out of pocket expenditure and you definitely want to ensure you are getting the best possible care. Dr. Sheps understands this and has a calm and professional confidence that was very reassuring, from the initial consult, all the way through to full recovery and especially pre and post op. He was there to answer any questions and concerns that I had and responded pretty much immediately to any queries (as he gave me mobile telephone number) day or night. I can't praise him enough for his care and attention. The pain caused by this surgery was surprising despite being warned before hand. At times throughout the recovery process, I would wonder "how could there still be this much pain" if my body was recovering properly. However, Dr. Sheps was pretty much exact in describing my current phase in the recovery process and when the pain would subside, again providing reassurance and lending confidence that everything was on the right track. In terms of the actual surgical procedure, the nursing and support staff were absolutely fantastic with wonderful facilities. Thank you for making the best of an unfortunate injury.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Had shoulder surgery with Dr Sheps 2 months ago. My right shoulder was torn all the way around making for 8 different tear repairs and shaving of the collarbone. He cares for his patience is very to the point and has more knowledge than any other doctor/surgeon that I have seen when it comes to shoulders. He is heavily known through the doctors in my town (3hrs North of EDMONTON) and they all speak very highly of him. If you are suffering from shoulder pain. I highly recommend getting referred to the glen sather to see Dr Sheps

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Dr. Sheps surgically repaired my fractured Olecranon (elbow) after a road bicycle accident in early September 2016, by installing a plate and screws to stabilize the fracture and promote healing. I have not even been back for my 6 week check up yet, but already I have approxinately 90% range of motion back in the elbow, and I am very impressed by how non-obtrusive the scar on my arm is.... I would highly recommend Dr. Sheps......

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

I had both shoulders (rotator cuff) repaired in 2015 and Dr Sheps has raised my confidence in the medical field to a new level. Found him to be extremely professional, caring and knowledgeable and his guidance through the recovery process has been instrumental in my recovery. I have had 6 previous surgeries with other surgeons but none as good as with Dr Sheps. I would be remiss if I did not mention that every appointment the waiting time has been minimal so not left in the waiting room for an inordinate period of time.. makes me feel like my time is also important. Thank you Dr Sheps.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

I had been fighting through our public medical system for over 6 years trying unsuccessfully to get an accurate diagnosis for severe pain in my right shoulder when I decided to take matters into my own hands. I began researching private options and was ecstatic to discover that one of Edmonton's most specialized, accredited orthopaedic surgeons, Dr David Sheps, had a Vancouver based private practice at False Creek Surgical Centre in addition to his practices in Edmonton. I had my consult booked within a week, MRI conducted the day after that and then the following day Dr Sheps provided me with an accurate diagnosis. I had a high grade partial thickness rotator cuff tear that Dr Sheps repaired 2 weeks ago in Vancouver. I was very impressed with his direct, no nonsense approach, the high degree of his expertise and his sincere aftercare. Shoulders are among the most complex joints and require a thorough understanding in order to be successfully treated, selecting the right surgeon is crucial. My experience has been nothing but positive and I highly recommend Dr Sheps.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

Dr. Sheps operated on me after a terrible fall in the bath tub. Not only was my shoulder broken but the rotator cuff needed repair and the muscles moved back where they belonged. Being a female senior citizen made some aspects of the surgery difficult due to bone deterioration and Dr. Sheps handled it with his expertise. His bedside manner is exceptional .... He is a straight shooter when it comes to explaining what he did as well what the future will hold. I am so lucky to have been put into his care.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Eight months following my rotator cuff surgery I had the pleasure to see Dr Sheps again and shake his hand for the great job he did on my right shoulder. The shoulder following countless physio visits and some definite feelings that it was not healing properly has remained "frozen" all this time. But Dr Sheps is still one of the best surgeons out there. I have no doubt that he did a superb job and his professionalism with me at all times was beyond reproach. My shoulder gets stronger each week. What I did not know is the healing time for rotator cuff surgery varies with the health and age of the patient. In my case I am in my late 60's so a number of physiotherapists have assured me that the shoulder can easily take 18 months for full recovery. I will also add that Dr Sheps has one if the highest ratings for successful shoulder surgery. I believe this is largely due to his insistence that his patients follow his exercise regime prior to surgery as well as a full scale program post surgery. I also believe that having a good surgeon/patient relationship helps immensely. A two way flow of confidence in each other has most definitely helped the healing of this shoulder. I have been working with this shoulder all summer thanks to Dr Sheps who performed the surgery in early January. Late May I was building sheds and the shoulder had very limited range. And now after 8 months there is not much I cannot do with it. But it is still healing. Once again, if you are contemplating surgery with Dr Sheps be assured not only of his competence and the excellent team he has, but his personal approach is truly warm and care giving. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Dr Sheps. And please remember that the full healing takes much longer than 6 weeks.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

After almost having to fight to advocate for myself and the constant pain in my right shoulder at my family doctor's office for well over a year and further stalling at the Glen Sather even after the MRI showed significant issues, I got lucky. The doctor of Physiotherapy booked me in with the amazing Dr. Sheps. He knew right away the situation. The most caring, attentive and professional surgeon I've had the good fortune of being assigned to in all my life. No beating around the bush, just straight forward "you need surgery" and thank God, he got me in almost immediately. Six months later of really hard work, I'm swinging a golf club again. Dr. Sheps saved my quality of life. To say having him as my surgeon was a straight-up miracle is not an overstatement at all. The fact that my shoulder is pretty close to 100% in only 6 months is a true testament to how talented he is at what he does. The fact that puts him at the very top of my list is his care and concern for his patients' well being. Even his staff is exemplary. I never felt like I was rushed, pushed, condescended to or uncared for. This was, oddly enough, one of the best experiences I've ever had. I couldn't say enough good things about Dr. Sheps, - what he can do and who he is as a person. If you are lucky enough to have this doctor as your surgeon, you're in the best hands in the country. Leanne Anderson Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015