Ratings for Dr. James Michael Guiler

He flat out lied to my sisters face about a fibroid she has. He told her she would need a hysterectomy and have her ovaries removed also because of a cyst . He told her that the fibroid was as big as a baseball. I told her that she better get a second opinion and thank god she did because the fibroid is only the size of a small walnut and the dr she seen said that she didn’t need anything done if she wasn’t having any problems which she isn’t. Dr Guiler should have his licenses taken for malpractice. No telling how many women he’s done unnecessary hysterectomies on! Thank god that my sister got a second opinion!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

I've been going to Dr. Mike for 24 years. He delivered all 3 of my children. I also had permanent birth control procedure done after my husband and I decided we were finished having children. Dr. Guiler is a gentle, kind, and experienced doctor. Love him.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I visited for kidney pain and "old lady" bladder issues. The doctor is fine - gentle, obviously great experience. But I am currently in billing ---ll. I am a self pay patient. When I called to make an appt. my first question was "how much is the initial visit, by itself?" I was told $156. At my appt I paid 113.60, because the cashier said their was a 40% discount for self pay. OK...Now I am getting bills for $273 for the visit alone!! No reflection of my payment, for which I have a receipt. Their billing is done in the PHILLIPINES!! Getting hold of a human in KY requires walking in the door. So DON'T GO THERE IF YOU ARE SELF PAY

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I just had surgery Sept. 16th 2015. I had a hysterectomy and a recetocele and bladder repair. Dr. Guiller was wonderfull ! I have had soreness but very little pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Guiller to anyone!! I can't say enough about his work and his staff! Everyone from the front desk to scheduling to insurance questions ( Thanks Tori and Toni) !! My experience at St. Jo East hospital was also very positive! I loved loved my anethesialogist!!! Even after the Florida Gators beat us!!! LOL.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

I have been seeming Dr Guiler for 34 years, help a very kind, understanding doctor. The only thing that concerns me about Dr. Guiker is what am I going to do if he retires. Just a wonderful doctor. I was 32 when I first seen Dr. Guiler, he literally saved my . You might have to wait on the appointment time but, he takes time with each patient for as is you are his only patient. I love he and I thank him and God for what has done for me. Thank you Dr. Guiler and your staff. Kaye Lindon

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

Dr Mike is wonderful and so is Sherry his Nurse Practitioner. Punctuality is not their thing because the spend time with all their patients. They listen. They have found problems with my other body systems, that my primary care doctor couldn't. I have been wih them forever and I will never change, even if I have to wait a little.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

If not for Dr. Mike I would still be in pain. Only dr who would take time to listen and find out I had pcos. Was great with both my surgeries. He does not push procedures. I would never go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr Mike has been my dr for 25 years. Don't know what I would have done if not for him. He's the best!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

After years of severe cramps and a mother with a history of endometriosis and my OB telling me I was fine I decided to get a second opinion. My mom told me for year to come see Dr. Guiler and I finally did. He diagnosed me with endometriosis and did surgery. I've been pain free since! He's a wonderful doctor, very nice! I recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Ladies, beware. This is the doctor that thought it was a good idea to tattoo "UK" on the normal uteri he removed with no indication and then lied about it on national television, stating this was necessary to establish orientation of the surgical specimen. I write this at this time because a friend of mine almost agreed to have her uterus removed by Dr. Guiler for irregular periods.... She is 32! Run as fast and as far away from this greedy unethical man as you can! I thought lawyers were bad, but this guy wins the prize for greed and unethical behavior. RUN!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

Dr. James Michael Guiler's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)