Ratings for Dr. Amitha Mundenchira

Saw this doctor once in late 2016 at the walk-in clinic when my regular doc was unavailable. She did not make eye contact and barely spoke to me. No interaction, no questions, in and out within 3 minutes. Left a very bad taste and will avoid ever seeing her again. Staff are unhelpful and borderline rude, struggling to manage irate customers frustrated with overbooking and doctors who frequently arrive late.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Was impatient and unkind. Rushed out of my room as quickly as possible, and seemed frustrated when I expressed my confusion on my prescriptions. Would not recommend her care. She did not hear my concerns properly when I tried expressing them. However, she does know a lot and solved my issues.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

I went to see this dr., at the walk in clinic. She was extremely rude and didn't want to listen to me telling her what my problem was. When I actually finished talking because I said I would like to tell you my problem, she told me "well this could be something serious like cancer so make an appointment to see your family dr. next week" I couldn't believe it!! She just came right out and said it without any kind of feeling or compassion. I said "are you serious" and she just said "yes it could be, so see your family dr. next week". I was in shock. Thank goodness she is not my family doctor. She shouldn't be in this profession. Just because you think she is beautiful doesn't make her a wonderful doctor!!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

This is in response to the person who left the comment on Dec 17,2015 below, where is Dr Mundenchira's office now and I would really like to go back to her as my family MD. I have been searching for her ever since she left the practice at postmasters. She is the best doctor. Even though she moved, I am willing to follow her.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Finally found a really professional family doctor!!! Me and my family will keep coming back!!! :)

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Very unprofessional and incompassionate. She is at postmaster walkin clinic in oakville. She did not like me asking her any questions about my treatment and became extremely rude. I have truly never met a doctor who has no idea how to communicate with patients. I have complained to the ontario physicians board and the matter should be under investgation. I believe Her actions and composure as a doctor are highly disturbing. I agree with the negative comments below as they truly describe how she manifests herself! From the comments below it appears she has relocated between markham, mississuaga and now oakville: that appears ,from my perspective,very unusual for a practitioner! She appears extremely inexperienced and I refuse to believe that the positive comments are from factual patients.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

Dr. Mundenchira is the best doctor I've had. We have her as our doctor for 7 years. She delivered both of my children. She is very patient and through and explains everything in detail. Also she have a great character and demeaner and she is very beautiful looking.

Submitted August 20, 2011

The most unprofessional and uneducated doctor I have ever seen!!!!I was given poor advice with no reasoning or explaination for her suggested treatments. When asking for an explaination she became very affended and rude. Stating that "I would have to go to Med school to understand". I would not take any recommendations or advice from this doctor. Horrible experience and very unprofessional staff at the Health Care Centre in Markham. Will not be visiting this doctor again as she has no idea how to treat patients!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

My first visit, which was a 'meet and greet', Dr Amitha (at her new practice at Oakville) was awesome. She was very warm, friendly and seemed knowledgeable. At my second visit, the true colours began to show through. Inspite of an appointment, I had to wait for over an hour, and each time I checked with the office staff, I was told that I was the next in line, oly to find somebody else was called in before me. It so turned out that some of her former patients from Mississauga who had followed her to Oakville, were getting preference as walk-ins. Left a bad taste and had to go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

May God bless you today and always Dr Amitha. You are an extremely caring and knowledgeable Doctor. You have an amazing character and take your job seriously. You put your patients before yourself. We are so happy with you.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011