Ratings for Dr. Clifford Chan

Run a mile. If I'd stayed with this inept doctor I wouldn't be alive today. I didn't realize it when I saw him but I had stage 3 Ovarian Cancer with a tumor the size of a football. He examined me and had no sense of urgency for getting me in for a hysterectomy. I left ignorant of how serious my condition was. I was told they'd call me with a surgery date. Probably 4-6 month wait. I'd hear in a few weeks from receptionist of my appointment date. I found receptionist there rude to deal with. I heard nothing so I called them. She said she'd called me she hadn't because she'd called the wrong number and then casually said "oh we've given that surgery date to someone else". it's another 3 month wait. I was furious. Went back to my family doctor and said find me someone else. I went to another OBGYN within 5 minutes of examining me he said "Cancer". I was fast tract to Juravinski Cancer Hospital in Hamilton. The cancer had spread to my Lymphatic System. ONE more month and I would have been terminal. The doctors couldn't believe how sloppy all the tests were that Dr. Chan had done, Pap smear etc. they had to redo them all. I would say this Dr. is incompetent and almost cost me my life. Find another doctor if you value your health and possibly your life.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Good doc. He took the time to explain what is going on with me, answers all my questions and explained options. Nice bedside manner, very calming. The two times I have been there I have only waited minutes to see him and his secretary his very nice.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I've been going to Dr.Chan since I was 13 ( for irregular periods) he's been my Dr for 3 of my 4 pregnancies, NEVER a complaint. He cough my "irregular cells" in my cervix early and we were able to stop the spread. The ONLY complaint I have is that it's sometimes hard to understand him.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Dr. Chan has been my doctor for 11 years I have been on estrogen pills for 10 years and I'm only 48 years old went into menopause very early anyways recently I went to see him because I have been very ill vomiting chills sore stomach when I walked into his office he treated me like I was wasting his time and told me that I was kind of making up stuff and kind of mimic me was not impressed when I left there but he really gave me an ultrasound because I told him I was in pain went the next day for the ultrasound and they told me they were rushing my resolve to dr. Chan and mediately when I got home I called the office but they were closed on Friday so I had to wait all weekend in pain figuring out what was going on when I called there on Monday she told me that she would show my results when she had a chance call me back 2 hours later and I have stones in my gallbladder and told me that that was a family doctor thing not something that he does and had to go back and see my family doctor is this a joke anyways seeing my family doctor today very thankful what a f'ing joke his office is

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I had surgery everything went well . his good listener , friendly .

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Chan is beyond awful. He has poor knowledge and is completely negligent. Because of him not doing his job correctly, pre cancerous cells turned into cervical cancer. I was referred to him 3 years ago due to abnormal cells showing up in my pap. He saw me 3 times in 9 months and while my cells were forming into a tumor, he continued to tell me that he saw nothing out of the ordinary, that I was fine and to come see him in another couple of months. He eventually referred me to another gynecologist after 9 months because I still had abnormal cells and he couldn't find any issues. By the time I was referred to the other doctor, I already had a very large tumor that had grown and had to start chemo and radiation immediately, at the age of 32. To be honest, I wish that I would have sued him for malpractice, he should have his licensed revoked.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

I don't recommend Dr. Clifford Chan at all. Back in 2009, I had a scheduled salpingo-oophorectomy (removal of 1 fallopian tube and 1 ovary). I had a benign cyst (it was removed as well) . The cyst was pushing on my right fallopian tube so that is why I had the surgery. My mother noticed when she came to visit me, after the surgery that I looked blue so she quickly got a nurse. It turns out, unfortunately, after the surgery I was bleeding internally and therefore had to go back into surgery and have a blood transfusion. Dr. Chan said "the clamp just slipped off".

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I will never set foot back in his office. I was referred to him for what was thought to be a cyst (seen during other cancer testing). From the second I walked in his office & then exam room I was concerned (I've never in my life seen a doctor so disorganized). My last visit had me leaving there with more questions than I went in and total frustration. When you have health issues, you expect your doctor to answer questions & provide guidance on what options you have, not just give yes or no answers and leave you hanging.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

He killed someone that I loved dearly due to pure negligence. Do not allow this doctor to perform any surgery on you!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

My baby almost died due to this doctors negligence, he should loose his license. After 3 appointments and him saying. Everything is fine, my chd almost died, I was rushed into emerg 5 hours after last meeting with him and the baby was in vital condition, so bad In they had her cut out in 45mins! What a joke for a doctor, he needs to have his practice closed!!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014