You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Clifford Chan

Dr. Chan has been my doctor for 11 years I have been on estrogen pills for 10 years and I'm only 48 years old went into menopause very early anyways recently I went to see him because I have been very ill vomiting chills sore stomach when I walked into his office he treated me like I was wasting his time and told me that I was kind of making up stuff and kind of mimic me was not impressed when I left there but he really gave me an ultrasound because I told him I was in pain went the next day for the ultrasound and they told me they were rushing my resolve to dr. Chan and mediately when I got home I called the office but they were closed on Friday so I had to wait all weekend in pain figuring out what was going on when I called there on Monday she told me that she would show my results when she had a chance call me back 2 hours later and I have stones in my gallbladder and told me that that was a family doctor thing not something that he does and had to go back and see my family doctor is this a joke anyways seeing my family doctor today very thankful what a f'ing joke his office is

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I had surgery everything went well . his good listener , friendly .

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Chan is beyond awful. He has poor knowledge and is completely negligent. Because of him not doing his job correctly, pre cancerous cells turned into cervical cancer. I was referred to him 3 years ago due to abnormal cells showing up in my pap. He saw me 3 times in 9 months and while my cells were forming into a tumor, he continued to tell me that he saw nothing out of the ordinary, that I was fine and to come see him in another couple of months. He eventually referred me to another gynecologist after 9 months because I still had abnormal cells and he couldn't find any issues. By the time I was referred to the other doctor, I already had a very large tumor that had grown and had to start chemo and radiation immediately, at the age of 32. To be honest, I wish that I would have sued him for malpractice, he should have his licensed revoked.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

I don't recommend Dr. Clifford Chan at all. Back in 2009, I had a scheduled salpingo-oophorectomy (removal of 1 fallopian tube and 1 ovary). I had a benign cyst (it was removed as well) . The cyst was pushing on my right fallopian tube so that is why I had the surgery. My mother noticed when she came to visit me, after the surgery that I looked blue so she quickly got a nurse. It turns out, unfortunately, after the surgery I was bleeding internally and therefore had to go back into surgery and have a blood transfusion. Dr. Chan said "the clamp just slipped off".

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I will never set foot back in his office. I was referred to him for what was thought to be a cyst (seen during other cancer testing). From the second I walked in his office & then exam room I was concerned (I've never in my life seen a doctor so disorganized). My last visit had me leaving there with more questions than I went in and total frustration. When you have health issues, you expect your doctor to answer questions & provide guidance on what options you have, not just give yes or no answers and leave you hanging.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

My baby almost died due to this doctors negligence, he should loose his license. After 3 appointments and him saying. Everything is fine, my chd almost died, I was rushed into emerg 5 hours after last meeting with him and the baby was in vital condition, so bad In they had her cut out in 45mins! What a joke for a doctor, he needs to have his practice closed!!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Dr Chan should loose his license. His negligence, lack of general knowledge even though he is a specialist could have ended up in the death of my baby and myself, but fortunately another skilled doctor was on call for my emergency c-section. I had a full 1 hour scan 2 weeks before my due date. The technicians would not tell me what they found, if they had I would have taken control and scheduled a c-section. My baby was frank breach and stuck under my ribs. The poor doctor who delivered my baby in the emergency room had no knowledge of this and had to feel her way around by hand to detach my baby from my ribs. In my followup visit with Doctor chan I specifically asked why he didn’t act on the scan and if he didn’t see the scan why didn’t he know by my past checkup that the baby was upside down. His response was that a baby’s head feels just like a baby’s but. This doctor should not be practicing.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Every time I show up for my appt I wait forever. Today I booked the first appt and it's been half an hour and the doctor is not even here yet. I have a history of abnormal paps, but after I had a pap here and was called to be told to come back in 6 months I figured it was fine. The cervical cancer associated sent me a letter in the mail a month later telling me I had another abnormal pap. Ridiculous.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

I will definitely be getting a second opinion. I don't think this guy knows his stuff. Scary considering he's been around a long time. He is abrupt, rough and very difficult to understand. If you have any other choice, I'd suggest taking it.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Dr. Clifford Chan's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chan has been my doctor for 11 years I have been on estrogen pills for 10 years and I'm only 48 years old went into menopause very early anyways recently I ..."

February 2, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had surgery everything went well . his good listener , friendly . "

February 1, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chan is beyond awful. He has poor knowledge and is completely negligent. Because of him not doing his job correctly, pre cancerous cells turned into cervi..."

July 26, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I don't recommend Dr. Clifford Chan at all. Back in 2009, I had a scheduled salpingo-oophorectomy (removal of 1 fallopian tube and 1 ovary). I had a benign cy..."

July 13, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.southshorehospital.org/medical_staff/md_alpha.html". Postal Code has been updated from "N1P1" to "02190". Address has been updated from "None" to "55 Fogg Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17813408000".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I will never set foot back in his office. I was referred to him for what was thought to be a cyst (seen during other cancer testing). From the second I walke..."

May 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He killed someone that I loved dearly due to pure negligence. Do not allow this doctor to perform any surgery on you!"

February 14, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "My baby almost died due to this doctors negligence, he should loose his license. After 3 appointments and him saying. Everything is fine, my chd almost died, I ..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Chan should loose his license. His negligence, lack of general knowledge even though he is a specialist could have ended up in the death of my baby and myse..."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Every time I show up for my appt I wait forever. Today I booked the first appt and it's been half an hour and the doctor is not even here yet. I have a history ..."

October 27, 2014