You may also like

Rate Dr. Clifford Chan

Dr. Clifford Chan's Ratings

Dr. Chan is beyond awful. He has poor knowledge and is completely negligent. Because of him not doing his job correctly, pre cancerous cells turned into cervical cancer. I was referred to him 3 years ago due to abnormal cells showing up in my pap. He saw me 3 times in 9 months and while my cells were forming into a tumor, he continued to tell me that he saw nothing out of the ordinary, that I was fine and to come see him in another couple of months. He eventually referred me to another gynecologist after 9 months because I still had abnormal cells and he couldn't find any issues. By the time I was referred to the other doctor, I already had a very large tumor that had grown and had to start chemo and radiation immediately, at the age of 32. To be honest, I wish that I would have sued him for malpractice, he should have his licensed revoked.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2877283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

I don't recommend Dr. Clifford Chan at all. Back in 2009, I had a scheduled salpingo-oophorectomy (removal of 1 fallopian tube and 1 ovary). I had a benign cyst (it was removed as well) . The cyst was pushing on my right fallopian tube so that is why I had the surgery. My mother noticed when she came to visit me, after the surgery that I looked blue so she quickly got a nurse. It turns out, unfortunately, after the surgery I was bleeding internally and therefore had to go back into surgery and have a blood transfusion. Dr. Chan said "the clamp just slipped off".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2864706].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I will never set foot back in his office. I was referred to him for what was thought to be a cyst (seen during other cancer testing). From the second I walked in his office & then exam room I was concerned (I've never in my life seen a doctor so disorganized). My last visit had me leaving there with more questions than I went in and total frustration. When you have health issues, you expect your doctor to answer questions & provide guidance on what options you have, not just give yes or no answers and leave you hanging.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2803312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

He killed someone that I loved dearly due to pure negligence. Do not allow this doctor to perform any surgery on you!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2721813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2015

My baby almost died due to this doctors negligence, he should loose his license. After 3 appointments and him saying. Everything is fine, my chd almost died, I was rushed into emerg 5 hours after last meeting with him and the baby was in vital condition, so bad In they had her cut out in 45mins! What a joke for a doctor, he needs to have his practice closed!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2654908].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

Dr Chan should loose his license. His negligence, lack of general knowledge even though he is a specialist could have ended up in the death of my baby and myself, but fortunately another skilled doctor was on call for my emergency c-section. I had a full 1 hour scan 2 weeks before my due date. The technicians would not tell me what they found, if they had I would have taken control and scheduled a c-section. My baby was frank breach and stuck under my ribs. The poor doctor who delivered my baby in the emergency room had no knowledge of this and had to feel her way around by hand to detach my baby from my ribs. In my followup visit with Doctor chan I specifically asked why he didn’t act on the scan and if he didn’t see the scan why didn’t he know by my past checkup that the baby was upside down. His response was that a baby’s head feels just like a baby’s but. This doctor should not be practicing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

Every time I show up for my appt I wait forever. Today I booked the first appt and it's been half an hour and the doctor is not even here yet. I have a history of abnormal paps, but after I had a pap here and was called to be told to come back in 6 months I figured it was fine. The cervical cancer associated sent me a letter in the mail a month later telling me I had another abnormal pap. Ridiculous.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2595135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

I will definitely be getting a second opinion. I don't think this guy knows his stuff. Scary considering he's been around a long time. He is abrupt, rough and very difficult to understand. If you have any other choice, I'd suggest taking it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1108557].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2014

Dr.Chan has been my doctor for years and has helped me through some really tough times with my health. He is always explaining everything to me and answers any questions I have about things and has never rushed me .....Thank you ! Dr.Chan ....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1108556].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2013

I was very happy with Dr Chen. He listened to me and made me feel very comfortable. He requested a bunch of tests for me to go for so that we can pin point exactly what is wrong. He even wanted me to repeat a test I had already done because it was 2 months old and he wanted to be accurate. His bed side manner was perfect and his touch was very gently. Something I find important with a gyno.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1108555].votes_count ]]