Ratings for Dr. Clifford Chan

I have been seeing Dr Chan for over 20 years and I think he's a great doctor always very excited to see you and even gives you choices on things needing to be done. I would recommend him to anyone he's a real good doctor:)

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Very nice doctor. He took the time to explain what is going on with me, answers all my questions and explained in detail what he was doing. . Nice bedside manner, very calming. The one time I was there I have only waited minutes to see him and his secretary his very nice.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I haven't even met this doctor and I'm already not impressed. I was referred to him by my family doctor after my boyfriend and I had been trying for more than a year to get pregnant. Unfortunately my phone was broken when they called me and I never got their message, so today I called them to follow up. Apparently being given a referral means that they make an appointment for you without your knowledge. I was disgusted with how I was treated. I called explaining that I had missed their call because my phone was broken and would like to set up an appointment and the receptionist talked OVER me and basically yelled at me while I was talking telling me it's 'not her problem' and that I would have to go back to my family doctor to get yet another referral! When I see my family doctor I will be letting her know exactly how I was treated and will be getting a new referral to a NEW doctor.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Do not go with this doctor. He is terrible at discussing important issues. His answer is always ya. Ya. Don't worry yes. And when you leave the office u feel more confuse then when u got in

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I don't understand how this man is still practicing. Have had to deal with him on a few different occasions when no other doctors where available ,he also delivered my first child.Found him rude and insensitive,his entire office looks like a scene from that show hoarders . Felt very unsanitary in his office ,tools that were being used where left lying around on an old rag,on an old metal try. Everything was dated and shabby looking. Long story short, avoid this doctor at all cost.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Run ! I lost my sister in law over his sloppy surgical techniques over a simple cyst removal.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Dr Chan was the doctor on call for my induction. My baby was stuck so he recommended we try the vacuum. After two failed attempts he said the next step are forceps. I felt pressured to do that and wasn't told the risks or benefits of forceps or a csection. Being a first time mom I listened and baby's as extracted with the forceps. I ended up with a fourth degree tear and horrible recovery. Second baby I had a different doctor and no intervention was needed. But now due to the 4th degree tear I am dealing with prolapse issues. Do not let this doctor use assisted delivery on you! Opt for csection if you can. I wish I had.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Run a mile. If I'd stayed with this inept doctor I wouldn't be alive today. I didn't realize it when I saw him but I had stage 3 Ovarian Cancer with a tumor the size of a football. He examined me and had no sense of urgency for getting me in for a hysterectomy. I left ignorant of how serious my condition was. I was told they'd call me with a surgery date. Probably 4-6 month wait. I'd hear in a few weeks from receptionist of my appointment date. I found receptionist there rude to deal with. I heard nothing so I called them. She said she'd called me she hadn't because she'd called the wrong number and then casually said "oh we've given that surgery date to someone else". it's another 3 month wait. I was furious. Went back to my family doctor and said find me someone else. I went to another OBGYN within 5 minutes of examining me he said "Cancer". I was fast tract to Juravinski Cancer Hospital in Hamilton. The cancer had spread to my Lymphatic System. ONE more month and I would have been terminal. The doctors couldn't believe how sloppy all the tests were that Dr. Chan had done, Pap smear etc. they had to redo them all. I would say this Dr. is incompetent and almost cost me my life. Find another doctor if you value your health and possibly your life.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Good doc. He took the time to explain what is going on with me, answers all my questions and explained options. Nice bedside manner, very calming. The two times I have been there I have only waited minutes to see him and his secretary his very nice.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I've been going to Dr.Chan since I was 13 ( for irregular periods) he's been my Dr for 3 of my 4 pregnancies, NEVER a complaint. He cough my "irregular cells" in my cervix early and we were able to stop the spread. The ONLY complaint I have is that it's sometimes hard to understand him.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016