Ratings for Dr. Clifford Chan

I had a good experience with Dr Chan. For my pregnancy and also my IUD.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

I was a little nervous and hesitant to see Dr Chan, especially after reading some of these reviews. I must say I was pleasantly surprised once I met Dr Chan. He was extremely compassionate and understanding about my issues and very knowledgeable and thorough in explaining my results and options. Seen him 3 times now and he’s been consistent in his manner and attitude. The first visit his secretary was lovely, second visit seemed a little short and annoyed. However the 3rd visit was lovely again. We must remember that they are human and have to deal with many different situations and personalities. Everyone can have an off day, of course doesn’t help when we are emotional as well. Make your own judgement

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

I had Dr. Chan for both my pregnancies. In fact, I requested him for the second one. I found the secretary very polite and him knowledgeable. I read the reviews here and cannot believe what I've read. It's as if I met a different doctor. Maybe there's more than one version of him out there. It's the kind of job none of us here would be able to do or we would be doing it. I have no issues with him or his staff and would go back to him. When it comes to labour and delivery nobody knows what we're in for until we're in it, not even the doctor. Things happen and the medical staff will do the best they can. You want to complain? Go deliver anywhere in the third world country (or any former or current soviet country for that matter) then come back here. You'll be kissing the doctor's feet and hands.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

almost died. Blood pressure crashed in recovery. I had to go back into surgery because I was bleeding internally.. Dr Chan missed the blood dripping and did not stitch it. I had to have 4 units of blood.. After surgery I ended up in ICU because of rapid heart rate. Dr. Chan tried to say I did not have enough in reserve and I might have a underlying heart issue. I had my heart checked out by cardiologist. After many tests cardiologist said heart was strong and it was the blood loss from surgery that caused my heart to race. Stay away from Dr. Chan.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

I went once to this doctor and will not return. I'll have them send my test results back to my family doctor and ask for a new referral. Yes, he's a happygo lucky man, but personally I prefersomeone that is knowledgable, has good bedside manner, and excellent communication skills. I went in to discuss my issues and walked out stunned. While doing a pap, he performed a procedure without my official consent. In fact unless I had asked "what are you doing now?" I wouldn't have known he was about to do a painful procedure (which he said was only mild discomfort). He did. It apologize for the pain and has terrible bedside manners. At one point he left the room, with me draped, leaving the door wide open for a minute. Appalling! He did not tell me what to expect for short and long term side effects. Turns out it's a 4-6 week recovery and yet he said I'd be fine in a few minutes. Also, he's trying to get me to agree to a day surgery. And yet the way he describes the process is nothing like how the printed information he gave me describes it. There is no way I'm letting him do it! I'll never go back!! You've been warned!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Chan for over 20 years and I think he's a great doctor always very excited to see you and even gives you choices on things needing to be done. I would recommend him to anyone he's a real good doctor:)

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Very nice doctor. He took the time to explain what is going on with me, answers all my questions and explained in detail what he was doing. . Nice bedside manner, very calming. The one time I was there I have only waited minutes to see him and his secretary his very nice.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I haven't even met this doctor and I'm already not impressed. I was referred to him by my family doctor after my boyfriend and I had been trying for more than a year to get pregnant. Unfortunately my phone was broken when they called me and I never got their message, so today I called them to follow up. Apparently being given a referral means that they make an appointment for you without your knowledge. I was disgusted with how I was treated. I called explaining that I had missed their call because my phone was broken and would like to set up an appointment and the receptionist talked OVER me and basically yelled at me while I was talking telling me it's 'not her problem' and that I would have to go back to my family doctor to get yet another referral! When I see my family doctor I will be letting her know exactly how I was treated and will be getting a new referral to a NEW doctor.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Do not go with this doctor. He is terrible at discussing important issues. His answer is always ya. Ya. Don't worry yes. And when you leave the office u feel more confuse then when u got in

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I don't understand how this man is still practicing. Have had to deal with him on a few different occasions when no other doctors where available ,he also delivered my first child.Found him rude and insensitive,his entire office looks like a scene from that show hoarders . Felt very unsanitary in his office ,tools that were being used where left lying around on an old rag,on an old metal try. Everything was dated and shabby looking. Long story short, avoid this doctor at all cost.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017