Ratings for Dr. William D. Tobler

My experience with Dr. William Tobler from the very beginning has been wonderful. He’s a very compassionate and caring doctor. During my first visit to his office in Cincinnati, OH, he immediately diagnosed the condition of my back and nerve pain and realized how serious the condition was. Rather than wait three months for surgery, he rearranged his schedule to perform surgery within 9 days. His staff was very helpful in finding a doctor to do a complete physical in preparation for the surgery as I live in Nashville, TN. The timing was crucial for my medical condition. If I would have continued without surgery, I would have been in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. My disks were shot and unstable. He fused L4, L5, and S1 and completely rebuilt my spine. The surgery was very successful, no complications, and now I can walk straight. I am extremely grateful for all that Dr. Tobler has done. -Norma Sparks

flag | Submitted April 23, 2019

Dr. Tobler has performed three surgeries on me with no complications. My first surgery was a cervical disc with no fusion in 1996/7. I wore a neck brace with some discomfort, but the outcome was great. My second surgery was a fusion of my L3/4 and L5/S1 in about 20011/12. He had mentioned that because there was a space between my L3/4 and L5/S1, that eventually I may need to have the L4/5 addressed. This was a longer recovery but I did everything the rehab trainers advised me to do. Within a year, I felt like I never had surgery and did great. My mobility was great and no pain. In May 2018, I had my third surgery which was more intense. I had pain in my lumbar region which was radiating down my leg. Dr. Tobler fused the L2/3 and L4/5. He also inserted 2 rods with several screws and spacers. This was a tougher recovery, but it’s now January 2019 and I’m finally beginning to feel like myself again. Rehab and doing what they say is crucial to a successful recovery. I know that by my one year mark in May, that I’ll be even better. Dr. Tobler has always been professional, patient, kind and a good listener. I cannot speak highly enough of him.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2019

Dr. Tobler's technical skills are exceptional, as I would expect of any neurosurgeon associated with this world class practice. More importantly, he demonstrates a genuine interest in his patients as individuals, whose lives and ambitions have been impacted by their neurological problems. As others have said, he spends time listening and extracting the human story of his patients as few other physicians seem to do. Although I have occasionally waited for some time after our scheduled appointments, I don't mind: I know that he is investing quality time with another patient, as I have experienced him invest with me. His staff is experienced, thoughtful, and thorough. My husband and I feel blessed by both his compassion and expertise

flag | Submitted November 28, 2018

Dr. Tolber is one of the most professional physicians I’ve met. He is a great listener, asks the right questions and is genuinely concerned about his patient’s well-being. I had little to no wait time when I visited the Mayfield Clinic to see Dr. Tolber. The receptionists were friendly and answered any questions I had with a good attitude. I was suffering from a bad neck and arm pain. After this visit and the treatment, I was better in no time. I’m very pleased with my surgery and outcome. I would highly recommend Dr. Toldber!!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

I had cervical fusion in 2015 and lumbar fusion in 2017 and was very confident in the quality of care I received from Dr. Tobler. He is very professional yet empathetic which gave me peace of mind about the surgeries. He came very highly recommended by my primary care physician and with good reason I found. I was able to spend adequate time with Dr. Tobler on every occasion and he listened as well as advised. I had a good outcome from both surgeries and would recommend Dr. Tobler to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

Outstanding, compassionate surgeon. Who cares if his appointments run late? I don't. He's worth the wait. Performed sacroiliac joint fusion and utilized physical therapist for alignment. Truly cares about outcomes!!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

Appointments are generally 2 to 4 hours late. Calls to set up appointments or to make changes force d me to listen to "ads" for 3 minutes plus.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Tobler and his staff consistently exceeded my expectations with my care. I have been a patient of Dr. Tobler’s since April of 2016. He performed an Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion on C3-C7, with an Iliac Crest Bone Graft in July 2016. He most recently performed Bilateral Carpal Tunnel Decompression in February 2017. The pain that I suffered with both conditions virtually disappeared after each surgery. In fact, I was able to resume golf in late October, just 4 months after the ACDF. Dr. Tobler thoroughly explained everything that was involved with both surgeries, from start to finish. Additionally, his staff in his office and at the Mayfield Surgery Center were always available whenever I called with questions. The follow-up care by Dr. Tobler for both surgeries has been exemplary. He always spends more than enough time on all of my appointments to evaluate my status. I found him to be a very patient and caring Surgeon, and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

I am a mid 60’s male who was forced to stop work due to severe back pain. I began my search in mid December of 2012 for a spinal surgical technique to eliminate the terrible pain and collapsing legs. All of the local surgeons used the antiquated method of filleting you like a fish with a 10 inch cut down your stomach and through all of the stomach muscles, then moving your organs out of the way so they could work on your spine. I knew there had to be a better way and so I started my search. I discovered that there is a procedure known as Axial Lumbar Interbody Fusion (AxiaLIF®). NO muscles get cut which would have prolonged recovery. The closest Doctor I could find is located in Cincinnati, Ohio. He is Doctor William D. Tobler and he has performed over 2,000 of these procedures. Dr Tobler performed this procedure on me on July 25, 2016. By the way, I have (2) 5 inch incisions on my lower back which have all but disappeared by the time of this writing, November 5, 2016. All of my initial symptoms have been eliminated and with the help of Personal Training I am on the road to recovery. Everyone involved in this procedure, including Dr. Tobler, his assistant Dr. Bryan Krueger (he came to check on me every morning at 6:00 AM and again at 8:00 PM without fail). Every Nurse, Medical Assistant and nurses aide, including the lady who cleaned my room treated me with respect and actually cared about my well being. The facility at Christ Hospital is light years ahead of any other hospital I have ever visited, and was comprised of private suites. If I had not found Dr. Tobler and he had not performed this surgery, by now I would not be able to walk or dress without assistance. I wish this problem on no one, but I strongly recommend Dr. Tobler to provide the cure if you need it.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Dr. Tobler's case load is extremely high. I've had 4 cervical spine surgeries. The first was extremely successful. The second surgery left me in intractable pain which required another fusion. Postoperative care is minimal. When I had complications rather than supporting my recovery; he and his staff placed the blame on me, didn't have time to evaluate the complication and told me to seek treatment elsewhere. I'm appalled by the postoperative care I didn't receive and despite his website's claim of offering support services; I had to find my own care.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

Dr. William D. Tobler's Credentials

• Univ Of Cincinnati Coll Of Med, Cincinnati Oh 45267 (Grad. 1978)

MSP/BC Med