Ratings for Dr. Amy W. Vance

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Vance and Laurel OBGYN. It was important to me that my physician trained at a university program. My delivery was not very straight forward but she was so calm and seemed to know exactly what to do. Genuinely sweet person. Was up with me and my husband most of the night...she is so normal! Would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013

She also works at Laural OBGYN in Asheville, NC which is where I have gone to see her twice in the past two years. I waited an hour and 40 minutes for my first prenatal appoitment only to see her for about 15-20 minutes. She told me to come back in two weeks for my 'family history' appoitment (which is usually done of the first appoitment) and then ANOTHER appoitment two weeks after that for my 12 week check-up. If I am going to have to see this woman every two weeks, I should not have to wait an hour and 40 minutes to see her. I was very unsatisfied with the wait time. Also she charged my insurance almost $600 for that visit for the ultrasound, bloodwork and other routine procedures. I had to pay $150 since my insure did not cover everything she charged. Will NOT be going back!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

She answered all questions, and was very friendly. Several months later, when I needed to see her again, she remembered me, and details about my life. She was so nice! I would go to her again in a heartbeat if she didn't relocate.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2008

Dr. Amy Vance preformed an emergency c/ section on me after realizing that my unborn child was in fetal distress.Dispite the fact that this was my fourth pregnancy,it was my first c/section and needless to say Dr. Vance did nothing to comfort me durring the long bed ride down to the O.R. After waking up from the surgery,I never again saw my doctor nor did I see my child that I had just givin birth to.I was told nothing about him until I had been placed in a room.For the next week I had endured such agonizing pain from my incision.After going through a week of trying to walk again, my incision ruptured and again I was cut open. I now have to deal with cleaning and packing gause into an open wound twice a day for the next 6 weeks.(all due to a careless cut and sutras so tight that my body had no way of draining or healing on its own.) I would not want her to practice on me again! Or anyone I know.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2007

Dr. Amy W. Vance's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)