Ratings for Dr. Owen B. Tabor

Dr. Tabor is a Rock Star Orthopedic Surgeon. We are originally from Southern California and his beautiful, 5 star, sleek upscale facility would be what you might find somewhere in Malibu or Venice Beach——-but this is located right here in Memphis on Primacy Pkwy. The nursing staff was very professional and kind….it took less than 5 minutes from checkin to see the doctor. The surgery was set up——- the whole cycle of experiences went incredibly well——if there is a gold medal for Orthopedic Surgeons and their medical care facilities, Dr.Owen Tabor would receive the gold medal worldwide. And wait….there is more. Dr. Tabor even called after the surgery to see how I was doing. What doctors do that these days? THANK YOU Dr.Tabor and Tabor Orthopedics you are the BEST!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I seem to have had the same negative experience as many others reviewing Dr. Tabor. He appeared to have zero patience for my questions and concerns, barely did any examining or attempting to actively understand and diagnose the problems I was having, and spent zero time explaining anything. I had to force information out of him and he acted impatient and defensive even like any questions you had just challenged his ego. He hopped out the door as quickly as possible and I left without any clear idea or recommendations of what to do going forward. He clearly doesn't care about finding individual solutions, he just wants to cram in patients and make money, and if you don't have a simple problem with a 2 minute solution, then you're screwed. Highly disappointed.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

He saved me from shoulder surgery!! Injections and therapy worked!! Would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

He does not care about the patient. He has one foot out the door and should retire! IMMEDIATELY! I have never been more humiliated or treated unfairly in my life. He does not explain things well or at all. I had to request my medical records just to find out what he was thinking and where he was intending to go with my treatment. I will not go back to him ever again. His nurse was a snob and did whispered to my case manager outside my door while I was waiting for the doctor. The only good thing I can say is that I never really waited very long to see him. But getting an appointment was a nightmare since he only works three days a week.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

This doc is a joke... My husband had a pelvic injury at work. Doc said oh this is normal for you to be in pain and it will get better over time. Well, he sent him back to work way too early. Got a second opinion and found out my husbands pelvic is lower by one inch causing his back pain.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

This doctor is not very professonial at all. I went to him for neck and shoulder pain and had my MRI. He told me my MRI was fine and started to leave the room. I asked about a protruding disc that was mentioned in the report. He acted defensive that I was questioning him. He looked at the report and said yes,he saw it but it was nothing. I went to another ortho doctor and was told I had a herniated disc and arthritis. Dr Tabor only spent 2 mins in the office. He is only after the money.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2008

Had 3 appointments with this doctor. Each time office Staff was extremely rude , unfriendly, unprofessional and unorganized. When I told the doctor about my experience he sided with the staff and told me I could go elsewhere if I didn't like the way I was treated. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS

flag | Submitted May 23, 2007

After this dr., did a core decompression surgery on my husbands hip, my husband immediately started complaining with pain in his foot. Every time we asked this dr about it, all he could say is "I don't know". He never seemed concerned or bothered trying to send my husband to a more knowledgable doctor. After finally finding another doctor on our own, we found out that my husbands ankle had microfractures in it. Never have we been to a more uncompassionate doctor. Needless to say, we have never been back to him.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2007

Dr. Owen B. Tabor's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1963)