Ratings for Dr. Rudy Wassenaar

He used to be my Dentist, but I changed to someone else. He started doing bad work and was acting arrogant and rude when you'd ask him questions. He acted like he wanted to do what he wanted to do only. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

This dentist does horrible work! I hear lots of complaints from people that have seen him, and they say they would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

I have had a lot of dental work done in my life...I have bad teeth genetics....but Dr. Wassenaar was the roughest dentist I have EVER been to. I had a cracked old filling in a back molar...he called it vintage which I thought was funny. The procedure began and here is a side note...his assistant talked non- stop during the procedure. And I could tell he was barely you listening until he spoke about her assistant smock not fitting well and he told her - right there in front of me - that she had a weight problem. At this point I asked for the headphones! Then he proceeded to"uh huh" her for the duration..except for the times when he took he equivalent of a jack hammer and webnt to work on the tooth. I ROSE OUT OF THE CHAIR in fright and concern and asked WHAT? What was he doing. I have had ALOT of dental work, bit no one had ever treated me like this. It was terrible. Please note I am a female. My husband went to him and a male friend f mine went to see him they had no issue...just an email observation. I was about o commit to getting 6 dental mplants with him....but after this no way in the world. And from the other reviews, I can see that my experience is not abnormal. Oh....and maybe I would forgive ALL OF THAT...but my tooth still hurts. He left without saying goodbye, he was late getting there, so much that I asked his assistant if he was rushed...but my tooth still hurts and I am terrified of going back to him. The one thing I would miss is the dental hygienist Krista. She is AWESOME. I wish I could review her. I would give her 5 STARS!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I have seen him three times. the first two times were excellent, with no issues, but the third had an incident that sums up the problem with this guy. His work was good, and no pain most of the way. However at the end I had to do a tooth mold, where they put into your mouth a frame filled with a putty that sets in five minutes. He told me to bite down on the putty, which I did, but slowly because the underside of the frame was digging into the gum behind my lower wisdom tooth (the freezing was in the upper jaw). He told me to bite down more, which I did, but the pain got worse. However I toughed it out and got to where my jaw was firmly closed. He however thought otherwise, and told me to bite more, and said that he could tell my bite wasn't closed because it was moving. It was not, but you can't say anything with this thing in your mouth. His manner was abrupt, like I was a disobedient child. The assistant stood beside me for the next three minutes with one hand on my lower jaw keeping my mouth closed while she did paperwork or something. I looked up and she wasn't looking at me. It was weird. I felt like I was in grade three . I am 55. They must have told me five times not to move my jaw. So you have this thing in your mouth for five minutes, digging into a part of the mouth that is not frozen, and you can't move. The dentist walked out as soon as he made the comment about the bite and I did not see him again until the reception area. The pain goes away, ie your body learns to tolerate it, so the last two minutes were fine. However when the assistant took the frame out the pain came back in a flood, worse than before, almost like it had accumulated during the numb part. I told the assistant about my experience - she just said that these molds sometimes don't fit that well. She did not seem concerned or in anyway express sympathy. That attitude sums up this office. So if you want good work, by all means go there. However expect a little roughness and little sympathy if you are going in for more than just a checkup.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Rudy has done a few things for me … 2 gold crowns , one root canal and 2 fillings. Honestly , yes he's a little rough … but his work is bloody excellent !! I felt pain a few times and was given more freezing ( that simple ). The root canal was done in one session rather than 2 or 3 … gotta love that ! Also his gold crowns are excellent. A quick not on why i went to see him in the first place. i went to another clinic in Williams Lake and was told i had 7 cavities …. i just could not believe this … so i went for a second opinion with Rudy. Turns out i only had 2. This was 4 or more years ago and I'm still good. He is very honest and I am very grateful i didn't end up with 7 holes drilled in my teeth rather than 2. Rudy is the best ! ps …if you feel pain… tell him , he's not a mind reader. Hiliary Ashley

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Rudy did an implant for me a few years back, no problems whatsoever. He also performed a bone graft as well. Extremely happy with his work, only issue is he's a little rough, but the end product was top notch !

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Agree with other commenters...hes a very painful dentist the next dentist i went to actually apologized id been put through unnessesary pai..he just wants to get your money and get you out of there he doesnt care if your in pain or not i would NEVER go back

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Great office! Amazing staff :) Would highly recommend Dr. Wassenaar. I am a dental assistant so I know when the work that is being done is done properly and at its best!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

I have had great experiences with Dr. Wassenaar and his staff. As a patient, I know a lot about dentistry and can check the work he is doing and find it to be of a high standard. He and staff communicate what he is doing and honor any questions I have. One time he encountered a difficult root canal that required specialized tools and so he referred me rather than chance a poor attempt. If I have some pain or a dental emergency, they accomodate me right way and that means a lot to me. Keep up the good work!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

Thank you Dr. Wassenaar and all his staff for staying late (until 7:00 pm) to do my root canal and get me out of pain before christmas. You are all the best!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011