Ratings for Dr. Lisa M. Diaz

Terrible doctor. My sister lost her baby during full term labor after calling dr Diaz with pain and bleeding and being told to hang tight until her 11:00am office visit that day. Lisa Marie Diaz has dead eyes and no emotion. Absolutely broken to the core to lose my nephew by her lack of urgency. Family friend reached out to comfort my sister to say same thing happened to her 2 years prior. Come to find out dr Diaz was her doctor as well. Family friend won a huge medical malpractice lawsuit against Lisa Marie. I can’t refer to her as a dr since drs take an oath to do no harm. She has no kids and no compassion. She seemed dark and evil now that I look back. Please don’t trust her with your pregnancy and labor. Listen to your gut intuition if you think something is off. Ask her how many full term babies she has lost during active labor.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

The front office staff is beyond frustrating. Put patients on hold for longer than appropriate. Also, it is so difficult to get a callback from their nursing staff regarding any lab results. Constantly given the run around. Going to start looking for another obgyn

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

I was supposed to get a medical procedure with Dr. Lisa Diaz, but cancelled because I feel her staff is incompetent. I arrived to do surgery and my insurance was supposed to cover the whole thing - they said, no it covers 0%. (Later to confirm via my insurance that it should have been covered.) I arrived at Newport Beach Surgery Center. The 2 front receptionists appeared very busy arranging stacks of paperwork. The waiting room was crowed with other people waiting for surgery. I said, "Excuse me," as I held my completed paperwork needed to do my surgery. The busy receptionist said, "Take a seat, we will call you." I said, "How will you call me if you don't know my name?" She said, "Oh, yeah, give me your paperwork." Another sign of incompetency. These actions did not instill confidence of competency in a patient about to undergo a surgical procedure. The staff office of Dr. Diaz was incompetent from the beginning. I hold the doctor accountable because she employs them.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

She was very cold to me and never took the time to answer my questions, and as a first time mom, I was very disappointed by her lack of interest/enthusiasm. Also she told me I was gaining too much weight even though I'm of average size and I gained the normal recommended weight. When I told her I would eat a slice of bread at night to calm my hunger pains that was keeping me up at night, she simply said, don't eat it, carbs are bad, but she didn't offer any alternative, so I guess I was supposed to just be up all night and hungry! I quickly switched doctor when I was 28 weeks along since I did not want her to deliver my baby.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

She is knowledgeable, direct, & timely. Just what I want from a doctor. Best gyno I have ever had.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

Doctor Lisa Diaz is a wonderful Doctor. I am a clinical nutritionist that is very natural minded and she fully worked with me and respected my wishes all the time, while still fully informing me and making me aware of any risks, etc. I was never rushed and felt very happy about her services. My birth was challenging and she was patient and worked well with my doula. She was able to allow my son to be born in the way I wanted. I knew that some things may be necessary and she continued to keep me fully aware of anything that would affect me. I had such an amazing experience and would recommend her to anybody for her respect and competence. I am so thankful for her. Sincerely, Holly Kasper

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

I've been going to doctor Diaz for about 8 years now. Her paps are easy and she's super gentle. If you're there for a yearly and don't have very many questions you'll be in and out in about 10 mins. I love that. When I do have questions though she takes the time to answer them and even suggests followup tests/visits etc. No clue what peeps are complaining about. ALL these years I have never had a problem!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2011

I was referred to this dr by a friend but was very worried about going to her after reading all the negative reviews. I was very pleasantly surprised! I didn't see any of the issues everyone complained about. The staff was very courteous when I arrived, brought me inside w/in 5 mins of appt time, nurse right there to let me know to undress and give urine sample, she was also right outside the room waiting after the appt to tell me exactly my next steps, the dr came in right away, spent about 1/2 hr talking through the pregnancy with me, asked several times if I had questions. Seems very knowledgeable to any questions I had. Good philosophy on trying to be there for the majority of her patient's births. Staff very helpful at the end to set up all my next appts and info for where to go to get my bloodwork. Very relieved not to find any of the issues talked about in the reviews and quite satisfied with my experience.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

Ver happy with this doctor and office. I have an HMO and still feel I am treated well. I very rarely have to wait in the office. The last office I was at had me waiting for over an hour. My time is valuable and I appreciate a doctor actually running on time. Dr. Diaz is friendly and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Diaz for many years and so have all my friends. She is smart, honest and to the point. Only issue is that she is very popular and sometimes it takes a ocuple weeks to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010

Dr. Lisa M. Diaz's Credentials

• Spanish

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)