Ratings for Dr. Kevin Carlson

I have to say I think he is a good dr. He fixed my providing from pèeing myself and over active bladder. But now i can pee fully and empty. I self catheter myself and gave had 27 kidney infections in a year from surgery. But it fixed me as he says cause I am not leakimg now i cant pee.. I wajt to be fixed.. I would rather pee myself

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

Dr. Carlson placed a stent in my ureter as it was completely blocked. He was very kind, calm and professional. He had a great team too, all very nice people. Recovery was good, no problems at all and now I am waiting to see him again for the surgery. I would recommend him to everybody, he is a good doctor. People have to understand that doctors are busy and they don't have time to ask you how is your grandma doing or what did you eat today. They need to be very "on subject" in order to help so many people. Those days people forget when somebody do something good for them, they are only complaining even about the smallest thing just to get attention.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

I had a horrific experience with Dr. Carlson. I went in for a cystoscopy and he damaged the sphincter of my urethra. He would not see me regarding my concerns, his office would only setup appointments with his assistants; who were not helpful. It a whole year for my sphincter to return to normal. It was a very stressful year for me. The worst part was the lack of concern from his staff and Dr. Carlson.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Dr. Carlson and another colleague of his repaired my bladder after a botched hysterectomy done by another surgeon. Basically, he gave me my life back after the original surgeon kept me suffering on a catheter for 8 months! I hope I will never need Dr Carlson's services again, but if I do, I will not hestitate to request a referral back to him.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

I have an apt with dr Carlson tomorrow and I had such a terrible experience 5 years ago with him that I have severe anxiety over this apt tomorrow. I can only hope that he doesn't make me feel horrible for being ill again..

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

I have been a complex patient of Dr Carlson s for over 3 plus years and have a chronic bladder disease that needs treatment every 6 months for life and have nothing but praise for him as he is a very busy Doctor and each and every time I see him he is friendly and does a fabulous treatment for my disease.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

He is a sad excuse for a doctor. Does not do follow up and soes not respond to his failed surgerys. He did a visectomy reversal and their was no sperm found and he never did call us to let us know

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Carlson for a cystoscopy, due to believed Interstitial Cystitis. As one of many "lost" patients in our complex public health care system, I was so relieved to finally have this referral and procedure done, so as to hopefully determine conclusively the cause of my symptoms. Unfortunately, my appointment was less than desirable - to say the least. The entire procedure felt rushed and Dr. Carlson seemed utterly disinterested in my case. In fact, when the cystoscopy had finished and Dr. Carlson returned to debrief me, his exact words were, "I don't even know why you are here, or why you were sent to me". Although perhaps my procedure, or anyone's for that matter, can come back inconclusive or seem insignificant, the patient should never be made to feel as though it is their fault, or that they are a waste of time. Dr. Carlson lacks total and complete compassion for his patients, and should reconsider why he chose this profession when he lacks the fundamental element of healthCARE.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

I've been Dr Carlson's patient for over 14 years with a chronic bladder disease. He has been fantastic- he has kept me functioning and well. He has always been responsive. He has done multiple procedures for me and they have always turned out well. I trust him implicitly and will be his patient as long as he is practicing. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

My only comment is that more specific info. is needed on the Confirmation Appointment Sheet mailed to the patient PRIOR to their first visit. It should include the following to make it easier to find: Located on the 6th floor of the parkade. Park in the parkade and go to the 6th floor. If your elevator doesn't go to 6, go to the 4th floor and grab the appropriate elevator. ROCKYVIEW GENERAL HOSPITAL 6th FLOOR - PARKING STRUCTURE 7007 14 STREET SW CALGARY, ALBERTA T2V 1P9

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016