Ratings for Dr. Kevin Carlson

I have been a complex patient of Dr Carlson s for over 3 plus years and have a chronic bladder disease that needs treatment every 6 months for life and have nothing but praise for him as he is a very busy Doctor and each and every time I see him he is friendly and does a fabulous treatment for my disease.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

He is a sad excuse for a doctor. Does not do follow up and soes not respond to his failed surgerys. He did a visectomy reversal and their was no sperm found and he never did call us to let us know

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Carlson for a cystoscopy, due to believed Interstitial Cystitis. As one of many "lost" patients in our complex public health care system, I was so relieved to finally have this referral and procedure done, so as to hopefully determine conclusively the cause of my symptoms. Unfortunately, my appointment was less than desirable - to say the least. The entire procedure felt rushed and Dr. Carlson seemed utterly disinterested in my case. In fact, when the cystoscopy had finished and Dr. Carlson returned to debrief me, his exact words were, "I don't even know why you are here, or why you were sent to me". Although perhaps my procedure, or anyone's for that matter, can come back inconclusive or seem insignificant, the patient should never be made to feel as though it is their fault, or that they are a waste of time. Dr. Carlson lacks total and complete compassion for his patients, and should reconsider why he chose this profession when he lacks the fundamental element of healthCARE.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

I've been Dr Carlson's patient for over 14 years with a chronic bladder disease. He has been fantastic- he has kept me functioning and well. He has always been responsive. He has done multiple procedures for me and they have always turned out well. I trust him implicitly and will be his patient as long as he is practicing. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

My only comment is that more specific info. is needed on the Confirmation Appointment Sheet mailed to the patient PRIOR to their first visit. It should include the following to make it easier to find: Located on the 6th floor of the parkade. Park in the parkade and go to the 6th floor. If your elevator doesn't go to 6, go to the 4th floor and grab the appropriate elevator. ROCKYVIEW GENERAL HOSPITAL 6th FLOOR - PARKING STRUCTURE 7007 14 STREET SW CALGARY, ALBERTA T2V 1P9

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

My husband and I sought out Dr. Carlson for a vasectomy reversal, the first appointment was quite short and to the point didn't really get a good read on the doctor himself but didn't think much of it. When it came to surgery day I was in the cafeteria, after they took my husband in to start prepping him for surgery, to grab a coffee and I ran into Dr.Carlson. I made a point to introduce myself and say I hope all went well but was embarrassed and angry at the same time when he looked at me, said nothing and walked right past me. After recovery we went in for a follow up sem en analysis and I kept waiting for the phone to ring with the results, I called on the third day, a week, after a week and a half and then everyday until I finally got someone to let us know the results. I was told the reversal worked and there was sem en present but it would not be enough to conceive naturally and IVF with ICSI would be our only option. We understood that there was no guarantee but I am so mad at myself for not reading the reviews before going under his knife. I hope this helps anyone looking for info, please see what other options are out there.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Have been seeing Dr Carlson for about a year now and I am so glad he is my surgeon. Had surgery last month and he explained the whole process in a caring yet professional manner. Can't say enough good things about his expertise. Thank you Dr Carlson you saved my life.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

Stay away from this butcher! He has malpractice suits against him and he hides behind the CPSA. Kevin Carlson has ruined many people's lives who have placed their trust in his incapable hands. Please take this seriously!!!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

March 31st 2016 i had major surgery to remove my bladder . I can not say enough about Dr Carlson and his team .My surgery took 7 hours .When i came round on the ward Dr Carlson came to see me on his way home after a very long day . I was in hospital for 7 days .In that time everyday either Dr Carlson Dr Andrews or Dr Matthews came to see me on the ward . Dr Carslon has given me my life back .Which i will always be greatfull to him . He is very caring Dr .He even called my house 2 weeks after i left the hospital to see how i was doing . My recovrey is going to be long but i know i am in the best hands with Dr Carlson. And again he has changed my life wish i am total thank ful for

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016