Ratings for Dr. Andrew Boright

I've been Dr. Andrew Boright's patient for many years. He is an awesome Doctor. Every visit has been pleasant. Occasionally if there ever is a delay or when we wait to be seen; it's because he is in high demand. He is worth the wait and it shows that he cares very much about his patients when he takes the time to address their concerns and making sure questions are answered and also by providing them with best options in terms of the most beneficial treatment and care for patient. I feel that he is always very Professional and an exceptional Doctor. He offers best healthcare advice. He is positive and encouraging. He makes my visits a pleasant experience and when I leave his office, I come out with a smile because he brightens my day. He also has a good sense of humour. I couldn't ask for a better Doctor. I happen to know he likes some candy. I had a favourite made in Italy candy, Cedrinca brand 'Espresso'. One time I gave a bag of that candy for him and his family to enjoy. Unfortunately the company discontinued production of my favourite 'Espresso' coffee candy. I would have been very happy to give him another bag during my recent visit. Thank you Dr. Boright for providing me with best healthcare. Wishing you the best of wishes and continued success. 🙂😇

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Andrew Boright

Dr. Andrew Boright's response
Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate your feedback.

Submitted April 17, 2017

I was refered to Dr. Boright after being a patient of 2 endos in toronto- had a difficult transition from the team at sick kids. Dr. Boright was thorough and thoughtful and on the ball which I found refreshing. Recently had a melt down in his office and he was so caring and sensitive. I really can't relate to the negative comments about him. He no nonsense so if your management of your diabetes is willy nilly and you're not willing to put the work in he can't work magic. He's great! As is the dietician Carmen! Completely satisfied with my care at LMC.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Dr. Andrew Boright

Dr. Andrew Boright's response
Thank you for your taking the time to share your feedback. It's also great to hear that our clinic team has been helpful for you.

Submitted March 29, 2017

I have had three appointments with Dr. Boright. The first went fine aside from my appointment being delayed by a half hour. The second was cancelled and rescheduled for a month later (which was incredibly frustrating given I was waiting on results as to whether or not I had cancer) and then on the rescheduled date he was over an hour late and only spent about five minutes with me. On my third appointment early in the morning he was over an hour and a half late, took patients out of order, was dismissive of my concerns going so far as to tell me my symptoms were all in my head and to snicker at questions I asked regarding my health. I will be seeking a new endocrinologist immediately.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I am a patient of Dr. Boright for over 15 years. Dr. Boright is very knowledgeable, patient, understanding and never in a rush. My questions have always been answered. I have encouraged other members of my family to be his patients. The LMC staff have been polite and helpful.

Submitted June 15, 2015

I saw Dr. Boright several months ago after a biopsy showed my thyroid nodule had grown and for irregular symptoms including substantial unexplained weight gain. Dr. Boright was late and had not read my medical reports, so I waited while he read them from his computer. I explained in detail my concerns, symptoms, medical and familial history. I found Dr. Boright's attitude dismissive and was told not come back unless my thyroid worsened. I told Dr. Bright that I knew that something was medically wrong with me and when I found out, I'd let him know. Several months later, I went to a naturopath whom immediately recognized my symptoms. She sent me for lab testing and immediately changed my dietary regiment. One month later, I have lost 8 pounds and learned that I am insulin resistant. Had I continued on my previous course, I would have ended up a diabetic, but Shawna caught the problem while still reversible. Dr. Boright was simply a waste of my health, time and taxpayers dollars.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2013

I am surprised by some of the comments. I have been dealing with lots of Endocrinologists during last 30 years, and today was the first time that a very knowledgeable Doctor Boright took time to explain about my thyroid problem. He made it so clear for me to understand about my problem. He was so patient, polite, and very knowledgeable and reviewed in details all my history. I do believe that finally I found a doctor that I can trust. Regarding Staff they were so polite, on time and helpful. Dr came exactly at the 9 am (Dec13, 2012)for my appointment. I do believe we need more specialist like Dr. Andrew Boright and I hope that he would be able to continue his practice for a long time.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

I visited Dr. Boright last week- a transfer from another endocrinologist- and I found him to be quite pleasant, very helpful and thorough. I take care of my diabetes so I don't expect miracles when I go into a doctors office. I am pleased with his level of research as well as his knowledge about endocrine disorders and diabetes. The truth is you need to be responsible for your body, including your diabetes. There really is so much the specialist can do, the rest is ultimately up to the individual.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

He's a good guy and a fine doctor but his staff is atrocious. Sometimes they don't even answer phone calls. I've read some reports about poor bedside manner. That's not quite true: he's just a bit shy.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

Dr Boright is an excellent doctor! I would highly recommend him for diabetes management. He is kind, compassionate and very knowledgeable. I would send my family members to him as well!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

I went to Dr.Boright, after I was concerned I had hypothyroidism. To calculate my bmi, he took out his iphone and used an app. He old me I'm borderline overweight, eat less, work out more. Didn't take into consideration that I'm a boxer, who eats clean but was falling apart. Didn't take in all the symtoms I was having and only looked at the numbers on the page Was nice enough but clearly didn't know what to do. He only gave me a follow up blood test after I repeatedly asked for one. And to be clear, I DO have hypothyroidism and I had to wait an entire year for it to show up in my blood tests. If you're diabetic, then yes try him, but if you're younger with concerned of hypo or hyperthyroidism, don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

Dr. Andrew Boright's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients