Facebook Pixel

Ratings for Dr. James R. Kauten

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Dr Kauten repaired my husbands heart valve. We found him to be very caring and knowledgeable. My husband said after the surgery he felt like he had a new heart.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Had a quintuple bypass performed by Dr. Kauten on 5/6/16 and I am up and around 6 weeks later. Simply the best. Shout out to his PA Phil, the ICU team, the nurses and everyone else involved with my care. You were all the best. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

2
Staff
2
Punctuality
1
Helpfulness
3
Knowledge

After monitoring a heart murmur for a number of years I elected to have Dr. James R. Kauten, MD perform a heart valve replacement. I entered the hospital as an otherwise healthy 58 year old male. In the recovery room after surgery I began to bleed. Dr. Kauten had to reopened my chest to stop the bleeding. After receiving many units of blood, I was sent back to recovery. During the operation my AV node was seriously damaged. For the rest of my life I am totally dependent on a pace maker for survival. I would not recommend Dr. James R. Kauten, MD to a friend.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Dr. Kauten is incredible. I required open heart surgery and my emergency room doctor sent me to Dr. Kauten. God was looking out for me. He is a kind, reassuring GENIUS! Might lack just a little in bedside manner, seems kind of shy actually, but he is a great doctor. My surgery was two years ago and I had six bypasses and an ICD implanted later by another doctor. If you have a broken heart, this is the man you want taking care of you. And his staff is also excellent. My wife and I were in love with them, and all Piedmont personnel, during my two weeks there. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

This dr did my aortic heart valve replacement on 8-15 -11 .He did a great job,I am very blessed to have found him and am doing great I would recommend him in a"heart beat"!!

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Great doctor!!! He saved my brother's life. Thanks Doc.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Dr. Kauten seemed very caring and knowledgeable but his partner, Dr. Louis Prevosti, was the doctor that did the bypass on my father. Not just sour grapes that he passed away after Dr. Prevosti did his work but the fact that he told us AFTERWARDS that the surgery would have been difficult for a man half my dad's age. How interesting he couldn't have told us this before the surgery. The story changes after the surgery. No, they can't know everything ahead of time, but don't give tell the family he has a 95% chance if he has more like a 5% chance. Have the decency to be honest. You should be ashamed, Dr. Prevosti. Be glad the rest of the doctors on your team are not like you.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted March 4, 2008

Staff
4
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

I used to work for him. He is the best in the group (Peachtree Cardiovascular) in my opinion. He is a brilliant surgeon, and a very kind, patient man.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted April 6, 2007

Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Top notch doctor and a terrific human being as well.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted June 21, 2006

Rate this Doctor

Dr. James R. Kauten's Credentials


Facility Affiliations


Accepting New Patients

Unavailable


Biography

Unavailable


Languages

Unavailable


Education

  • Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1978)

Other Specialties

Unavailable


Areas of Expertise

Unavailable


Awards & Recognitions

Unavailable


Publications & Research

Unavailable


Insurance accepted by this Doctor

Other patients have successfully used these insurance providers, please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.
Aetna


Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest health news and tips.