Ratings for Dr. John G. Giella

He rushed through my DRE and was very gruff and abrupt. My family history and velocity of my PSA was indicative of having s biopsy right away. Instead of suggesting this he told me to go home and take hot baths and Advil. Thank GOD I didn't listen to him and went quickly to Sloan Memorial for a second opinion. They suggested I have a biopsy right away and my findings were on very high Gleason score. They saved my life.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

My first and last visit with this man. He was rude, abrupt, and in a hurry. His DRE was like being assaulted and I am still in pain in my pelvis area. His exam was like being kicked in the groin. Then after all that he wants to give me pills without getting to the heart of the problem which is bladder disfunction.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

No beside manner at all. My first day there he told me people my age who have kidney stones usually have either bladder or kidney cancer. I'm (20 years old.) When my 24-hr test results came back with nothing he passed me onto a nephrologist. DOES NOT EXPLAIN ANYTHING.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2007

Another very hurried doctor. When it was all over I wondered if I had been keeping him from something, lunch? He rushed through my papers, did the examination and then, as we discussed things in his office, at least gave me the impression that my concerns were of interest to him. He offered me medication but I didn't think I needed that yet and he was fine with that so he didn't push pills. Just don't ask to borrow his pen. (Even the drug company-provided pens in the front office have a sign that says you have to return them.)

flag | Submitted May 22, 2007

Dr. John G. Giella's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1986)