Ratings for Dr. Rosalind Ling

I have been under Dr. Ling's care since I moved to this country in the 70's. She's the most wonderful doctor, caring, knowledgeable and thorough. She always takes time to check on her patients and to inquire any special circumstances or life styles that might lead to the concerned medical conditions. Before prescribing a new medicine, she has never failed to go back to the previous records nor to inquire if the patient has a drug plan. Her smiles and professionalism reassure me that I am well taken care of and that I will become better soon no matter how sick I am at the time. I have full confidence, trust, and respect for Dr. Ling. It is for this reason that each time I fall sick, I travel 90 kilometers both ways to consult her. And, I am not alone; my brother and his wife also travel similar distance if not farther for the same reason. Yes, it's true that we have to wait but it must be worth our while if we keep returning! J. Bau

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Every time I go there I expect to wait one to two hours. Even when I try to book the earliest appointment to avoid the waiting time...I still waited an average of 45 minutes. This happened several times. She should try cutting down on the number of patients she sees to give quality service, instead of rushing you out of the door. My mom and my sister have already stopped going and found their own doctors. They simply did not feel she cared. I will be seeking another doctor myself soon. Her knowledge appeared average.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

She's the type of doctor that prescribes expensive medicine and sometimes the medication doesn't work that well. Her appointments are always late and when it's your turn she tries to rush through the process so she can take the next patient. My family member booked an appointment ahead of time like a few weeks then the day before the appointment her receptionist calls to cancel it and says the doctor is going on vacation tomorrow so she won't have time to see you today. She may have years of experience but she still needs to care more about her patients. I sometimes feel that she takes more time on non-Chinese patients and favors other nationalities more than her own.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

Knowledgable on everything but very ignorant can't go back to her. I used to like her as a family doctor but sometimes I wish she'd actually listen to the patient. Charges for doctors notes for jobs or anything. Complains alot of you ask for it too much. Never going back.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Iha vebe enapa tientof Dr .Lin gfo rove r 20yea rs. She hasb een mo sthelp fuland prof essionalinall my deali ngswi th her. Yes,there weret imes Ihad to wait a nhour fort he a ppointment buthonest ly,she never 'rushed'met hrough any of th eapp ointments. Iwou ldhigh lyrecom mendher as a familydoct or. K udosto Dr.Ling ....wen eedm oredo ctor slike her !!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

She has been my family doctore for over 25 years. She is very dedicated to her patients and have called the hospital to inquire about me while on vacation. She gives everyone the attention they need and often it results in a long wait to get in to see her. But would you rather she rush through with your examination? She is well worth the wait, she has many seniors so just bring a book.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

She has been my family doctor for approx. 27 yrs. Am comfortable with her, friendly and always treats me respectfully. She is helpful and thorough, although, if she is overbooked the appt feels a bit rushed.Sometimes the wait time is a bit long.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2009

I've been seeing Dr. Ling for a while now and I haven't had a problem. She's a busy doctor and has patients within the elderly and female demographics. Again, I haven't had a problem, she's got a lot of experience and very knowledgeable. I haven't been billed for anything but mind you I don't ask for much from the doctor as well but basic appointments. The wait times can be long, she's busy.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2008

She is a great doctor that looks at your whole history and provides good advice backed by lots of experience.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2007

Dr. Ling sure knows her stuff but she's too ignorant. You can never see her for more than one diagnoses. For example, if you have a cold and a plantar wart, you can only see her for one of the diagnoses. She would tell you to come back another day so she could bill the ministry more. Who has all that time to wait for HOURS and yet, see her for 1 minute (and then telling you to come back and see her another day)? And that you have to PAY for everything she signs, eg passport, sick notes, or even phone repeats, unless you pay an annual fee! (and I've seen her ever since I was born.) She's sure making a lot of extra (under the table?) money from those annual fees!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2007