Dr. Eric R. Mandel

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Eric R. Mandel

I did EXTENSIVE research on doctors prior to teaming-up with Mandel Vision. The entire staff (reception, nurses, techs, and of course Dr. Mandel himself) are all experts in their field. Each and every one of them understand the importance of the patient experience. The technology they use is second-to-none, the office is state-of-the-art, and the TLC they share with each and every patient makes a world of difference. If you're even remotely considering the procedure, don't look any further - this is where you want to be. It's a life-changing experience, I'm thrilled with the results and am glad I didn't trust anyone other than Dr. Mandel.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

LASIK miracle !!! I just had my procedure two days ago and am amazed with the results!!! Totally worth it. Great staff and very skilled doctor

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Mandel! I've been wearing glasses for about 20 years and contacts as well. I am very happy to have been referred to Dr. Mandel's office by a co-worker who had her lasik surgery performed 15 years ago. I now have 20/20 vision. The procedure took about 10 minutes, and the healing time was about 2 months. I can say that this was so worth it; especially when you get it done by a dedicated and professional doctor and staff :)

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

I should have gone to Dr. Mandel years ago! I had PRK and now see 20/20 and it's only been a month since the procedure was done. Dr. Mandel and his entire staff are professional, friendly and very helpful. I very highly recommend them.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr. Mandel and his staff are excellent. They are very punctual and little to no wait time for any appointment or procedure. The punctuality does not effect their attention to detail and the feeling that you are being well taken care of. Dr. Mandel himself is amazing and you feel completely at ease with him. Although he's an extremely busy man, he made time to call me at 9:15 pm to check in on me the night of my LASIK surgery. All in all a great experience.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

My experience with Dr. Mandel and his staff regarding my LASIK surgery was phenomenal. Everyone was super nice and accommodating. Dr. Mandel explained the procedure to me and was thorough with his work. There were parts of the procedure that seemed fearful to me upon reading descriptions but everyone in the office made me feel at ease the day of my surgery. I would recommend him to all my friends and family members without hesitation!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Went in five years ago to have LASIK surgery. Dr. Mandel did a comprehensive screening of my eyes, he explained my options and let me decide which procedure to have. I had PRK and have better than 20/20. He is personable and his staff is extremely professional. I have recommended him to friends.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr. Mandel and his staff are wonderful. Could not be more excited about the results of my PRK surgery. From the first visit, I felt like I was in the best hands, and for three years, I have been more than satisfied having him take care of my eyes.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Dr. Mandel's "Top Doctors" awards throughout his office are so much more than marketing. He really is one of the best doctors in the country (and probably the world) for lasik procedures and ongoing general reviews/maintenance. I had my lasik surgery 10 years ago this year...still 20/15 vision! Dr. Mandel is very careful on his patience list to ensure that each person is a perfect fit for lasik surgery. He does not cut corners and given it is my eyesight, I greatly appreciate this approach! I have nothing but great things to say about his work and knowledge. The team is great...they do a great job of keeping the machine running as best they can.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Dr. Eric Mandel is the best of the best. I recomend him for the lasik procedure. I would like tell my previous eyes problems: I used grasses for 10 years then contacts for 4 years until I get infection, Dr Mandel take care me very well, after that I ask him if I'm candidate for lasik, his answer was: when I finish the tretment he will tell me. Aftet 2 months of tretment I was ready for the lasik procedure and Dr. Mande did an amazing job last year when I was 63 years old. My vision is 20/20 . Thank you so much Dr, Mandel and your staff, all of you make an excellent team. God bless you. .......... Carmen Villarreal

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Dr. Eric R. Mandel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Mandel Vision is New York's premiere Laser Vision Correction Center specializing in LASIK and PRK. Our Medical Director and corneal specialist, Eric R. Mandel, M.D. has been recognized as a leading LASIK surgeon in both New York Magazine's Best Doctors issue and Castle Connolly's Top Doctors America for many years. Mandel Vision utilizes the latest technology and techniques in laser vision correction today. Call today to schedule your FREE laser vision correction evaluation. And, don't forget to go to our website, www.mandelvision.com, so you can discover the latest advances in LASIK and PRK today. We are New York's Premiere LASIK Center.

• Spanish
  • Korean

• Stony Brook University * (Grad. 1982)
  • Harvard University (Grad. 1987)

• LASIK eye surgery